• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Huh. It just hit me. Pokemon Masters basically uses a lot of Pokemon models from the 3DS games right? I wonder if mobile games like Pokemon Masters will hold back the main series in terms of graphics due to how easy-to-use the 3D models are. For example, if Gen 9 hits and GameFreak wants to create the Pokemon roster from scratch with brand-new graphics on par with Battle Revolution or even better, that would probably force Pokemon Masters to either update their graphics with new ones which could be a strain on phones and already is for current adopters of the game, end Pokemon Masters and perhaps start a Pokemon Masters 2 or they can continue Pokemon Masters with the same graphics but they would have to make Gen 9 Pokemon from scratch with 3DS-style models. Funny how impactful a simple thing like graphics can be from the main series don't you guys think?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Huh. It just hit me. Pokemon Masters basically uses a lot of Pokemon models from the 3DS games right? I wonder if mobile games like Pokemon Masters will hold back the main series in terms of graphics due to how easy-to-use the 3D models are. For example, if Gen 9 hits and GameFreak wants to create the Pokemon roster from scratch with brand-new graphics on par with Battle Revolution or even better, that would probably force Pokemon Masters to either update their graphics with new ones which could be a strain on phones and already is for current adopters of the game, end Pokemon Masters and perhaps start a Pokemon Masters 2 or they can continue Pokemon Masters with the same graphics but they would have to make Gen 9 Pokemon from scratch with 3DS-style models. Funny how impactful a simple thing like graphics can be from the main series don't you guys think?
Currently, I don't see Game Freak remaking the roster from scratch. The Current 3DS Models hold up today even at 1080p, as many of them are even used in Sword & Shield.

To make clear the Models in this case, is the Mesh or the "3d Shape" of the returning Sw/Sh Pokémon is the same as it was in X&Y. The Textures got changed, and that can affect how the model looks alot more than tweaking a mesh. Then there are various rendering techniques that alter the look, not the models directly.

Just for quick comparison, Some of the Pokémon actually had been ripped from both Gen 6 and PBR, so I can download and inspect the Model. Comparing Bulbasaur: PBR model has 652 Triangles, while the X&Y Model has 5372 Triangles. PBR being a Wii game just had to make it look good for 480p, Sword/Shield needs to bring up to 1080p. Also PBR used tricks that hid it, which took advantage of the Wii's low resolution and limited usage would prevent the lower quality model showing it's flaws. The rendering techniques are the only reason why they don't look bad when emulating PBR at 1080p. Due to the cell shading technique used in recent games, the Sword and Shield's Camp feature would show the flaws of most PBR models. PBR's Bulbasaur's used texture swapping to fake blinking, where Gen6's eye's actually can move and may actually have eyelids.

https://imgur.com/a/bO0Js1T

Personally, I don't see Pokémon Company getting a new set of models in a hurry. The good news is that this takes some time to prepare for it, so any side game team may have a heads up for some time. Plus, they don't have update immediadly. I don't see any Generation 8 Pokémon in Masters yet.

Finally, the total range of Android hardware is huge, and the older or Cheaper devices end up being killed by the games, where the big devices aren't worried about it all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I don't see Pokémon Company getting a new set of models in a hurry. The good news is that this takes some time to prepare for it, so any side game team may have a heads up for some time. Plus, they don't have update immediadly. I don't see any Generation 8 Pokémon in Masters yet.
They might in response to all the backlash, tweets, and videos of fans complaining that the way they’re handling models right now is lazy and lifeless

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Saving on resources is totally OK since most gaming companies do that. Why the hell would you want to constantly keep making different models each gen?

Now less ugly trees would be ideal *points at Wild Area*

shoz999

So... apparently someone found a possible reference to the Pokemon Adventures manga in Sword & Shield. What could it possibly reference you ask? I'll give you a hint, haven't taken a look at myself but according to this person and an image he took, in the Ice Gym, there is a female trainer that says along the lines of "I will freeze your Pokemon and smash them into little pieces." Now guess what Pokemon she's using? A Cloyster lol. Does that remind anyone of a certain character?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So... apparently someone found a possible reference to the Pokemon Adventures manga in Sword & Shield. What could it possibly reference you ask? I'll give you a hint, haven't taken a look at myself but according to this person and an image he took, in the Ice Gym, there is a female trainer that says along the lines of "I will freeze your Pokemon and smash them into little pieces." Now guess what Pokemon she's using? A Cloyster lol. Does that remind anyone of a certain character?
If this is true, I’m hoping that trainer is named Lori or Prima as a reference

shoz999

If this is true, I’m hoping that trainer is named Lori or Prima as a reference
Checked a walkthrough video and the trainer and quote is indeed real lol. The trainer's name is Lianna and honestly if that really is a reference to Adventure's Giovanni, that's a bit dark lol.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
My guess is that it's a safety measure to prevent potential curse words for other countries. I had a similar situation when I transferred a bunch of Pokémon with the OT "Tucker" through bank and for some reason they all got changed to "Kuro*"
Kuro is the default name they use if you transfer Pokemon from Black or Black 2, in case you were wondering.

The white counterpart is "Shiro".

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah I mean we know they will announce the mythical and a special raid (prob Gmax Melmetal imo). So i wonder if it’ll be done in a mini direct style with isle of Armor info. Perhaps on the new restricted sparring feature, and Galarian starter gmaxes.
Or potentially just another regular trailer. I'd also add in the other two Kanto starters in addition to what you said

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Or potentially just another regular trailer. I'd also add in the other two Kanto starters in addition to what you said
Yeah, id also love to see Urshifu in game footage, as well as hear about its sig moves/max moves. Showing off a new Galarian form would be neat too. But don’t wanna get my hopes too high. Since they’ve already been shown, I think GMax Kanto and Galarian starters are safe bets.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really love they improved the raid capture rates.
Catching 5 Gigamax in a row sure beats losing 10 in a row!