• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Mewtwo not being catchable is just plain silly.
Everyone whose played multiple games has at least two of those bad boys already.

It's always been the case that anyone who plays more than one game can get more than one Legendary. That's never before stopped them from typically adhering to the rule of one. Legendary Pokémon are supposed to rare in-universe. If you could just catch them left and right, that would ruin a massive part of their purpose.

Not like you're guaranteed to catch the Raid boss everytime

So what? The fact that you may not catch one doesn't change the fact that there will still be people catching dozens of them.

In fact I think Mewtwo raids would be more popular if you could get Mewtwo, people trying to get a shiny or capture a new one if they're one of those IV people. I know I'd kill for a green Mewtwo or blue Mew

I'm sure that Game Freak and the Pokémon Company know fully well that the raids would be more popular if you could catch them. That's plainly obvious. So clearly they don't care about that, or at least not enough to sacrifice on the definitions and rules that they themselves implemented.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There's hard.

And then there's Super Giant Mewtwo.
Yea it reminds me of the stupid 5 star legendary raids from Pokemon Go. Hardly take part in them since a lot of times no one is there. Thankfully it isn't as bad in Shield.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I got Mewtwo down to a sliver of red health and the fastest Pokémon on the field was a Zacian along with my Incineroar, a Solgaleo, and Tyranitar. And instead of going for Crunch, which it used the turn before, it went for Moonblast. Somehow Mewtwo still lived and used Earthquake to knock all of us out with 2 crits on me and the Zacian to add salt to the wound.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yea it reminds me of the stupid 5 star legendary raids from Pokemon Go. Hardly take part in them since a lot of times no one is there. Thankfully it isn't as bad in Shield.
Since I never fought in a Go raid, it reminds me of fighting Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave when I was a kid

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Since I never fought in a Go raid, it reminds me of fighting Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave when I was a kid
Ah. Well at least that one is catchable. There's no satisfaction in fighting a bad guy you aren't able to catch in my opinion.

BCVM22

The Raid Mewtwo is a wall. Went 0-for-the-entire evening's worth of attempts despite full and capable parties of four, all using advantageous Pokémon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Never got around to training my team up to level 100, figured I'd focus on that during/after the DLC. Does that mean I have no hope of beating Mewtwo? I was considering trying at some point tomorrow, but now with all you saying this, I realize it's probably not worth it.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I appreciate Game Freak keeping their word about Sword and Shield's replayability. Since the start, the event dens and most 5-star/G-Max raids have all been nothing, but worthy to take on. The item drops also seem to be strong enough to farm with the current event — Life, Flame, Toxic Orbs, EV Berries, PP Maxes and Ability Capsules.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Never got around to training my team up to level 100, figured I'd focus on that during/after the DLC. Does that mean I have no hope of beating Mewtwo? I was considering trying at some point tomorrow, but now with all you saying this, I realize it's probably not worth it.

If you're doing it alone, it's going to destroy you and the three NPCs within the first two turns without breaking a sweat.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If you're doing it alone, it's going to destroy you and the three NPCs within the first two turns without breaking a sweat.

Let's say I'm paired up with others. I figure I'd be doing this by dropping in on someone else's raid anyways. Would I just drag the team down?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
These people using Tyranitars are messing things up, as they activate Sand Stream. It's already a balancing act as it is keeping my Pokémon's HP up; there's no need to sacrifice everyone else's HP just so you can whittle down Mewtwo's HP by a negligible amount.

I'm also seeing a huge amount of people be woefully underprepared for these. Either they have Pokémon with levels far below what is necessary, people also have a tendency to bring in Steel-types (Zacian, Zamazenta, Silvally with Steel Memory, Ferrothorn). The hosts also almost always Dynamax their own Pokémon, who tend to get taken out mid-Dynamax.

The most effective Pokémon I've seen people deploy is Marshadow, as Spectral Thief can take away Mewtwo's Calm Mind and Nasty Plot boosts. I might try that tomorrow.

Paralysis is kind of a must to have a shot at taking it down, really.

Unfortunately, most of the ones I encounter have the barrier up immediately, preventing me from using Thunder Wave or Glare or anything of the sort.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Let's say I'm paired up with others. I figure I'd be doing this by dropping in on someone else's raid anyways. Would I just drag the team down?

Grimmsnarl can be your best choice, perhaps. Taunt to shut Barrier and Nasty Plot off, while chip-damaging with Spirit Break to reduce Sp. Atk and raising the walls up against the threat. You don't necessarily have to be 100, although the more leveled you are the more you tank the hits.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wasn’t the new mythical pokémon supposed to be revealed today?

I thought there would at least be a video from Pokémon’s YouTube page for a livestream to announce it by now

These people using Tyranitars are messing things up, as they activate Sand Stream. It's already a balancing act as it is keeping my Pokémon's HP up; there's no need to sacrifice everyone else's HP just so you can whittle down Mewtwo's HP by a negligible amount.

I'm also seeing a huge amount of people be woefully underprepared for these. Either they have Pokémon with levels far below what is necessary, people also have a tendency to bring in Steel-types (Zacian, Zamazenta, Silvally with Steel Memory, Ferrothorn). The hosts also almost always Dynamax their own Pokémon, who tend to get taken out mid-Dynamax.

The most effective Pokémon I've seen people deploy is Marshadow, as Spectral Thief can take away Mewtwo's Calm Mind and Nasty Plot boosts. I might try that tomorrow.

Unfortunately, most of the ones I encounter have the barrier up immediately, preventing me from using Thunder Wave or Glare or anything of the sort.
Really? I was in a Mewtwo raid and the host’s Dynamax Marshadow was taken out on the first turn.

But yeah, the host Dynamaxing immediately is a habit everyone does in pretty much co-op raid I’ve been in. Though with these raids, I think it might be better to do it with friends rather than complete strangers you meet online to come up with a game plan and figure whose pokémon is best suited to Dynamax (if it can survive Mewtwo by their turn)

Last edited:

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Wasn’t the new mythical pokémon supposed to be revealed today?

I thought there would at least be a video from Pokémon’s YouTube page for a livestream to announce it by now
It's probably gonna be revealed in the pokemon of the year results video which starts 46 mins from this post. Or maybe it's revealed in the movie trailer which comes out on Friday

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Kanto starters in this event, so i'm going to expect Alola ones in the next event :D

Can these starter's Gigantamax or will we get another event when the DLC comes out?

Last edited: