• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

BCVM22

Yeah I guess not, quite glad as it’s a Pokemon I don’t think I’d have ever used

Max Raid Battles and the accessible-everywhere PC Boxes have encouraged us now more than ever to maintain a rotation outside of our core six. People have been rotating Pokémon in and out of their lineups for decades, obviously, but the fact that you can now swap out Pokémon in the field instantly, the fact that Max Raid Battles put you in front of a myriad of Pokémon, and the ingrained nature of Gigantamax Pokémon makes it easier and more routinely viable now than at any point in the past. A pleasant side effect of this game's new features.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Another amazing combination for Mewtwo raids in case you don't have Lunala and Necrozma, or Grimmsnarl if you want to play offense, are Lapras and Vaporeon.

They use the advantage of Water Absorb by spamming Surf each turn, supported by Assault Vests.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Since Many People expect Calyrex to have G-max form with an Extreme redesign what if we will get something akin to Monster Point Chopper from One Piece:
latest

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Man a lot of the raids now that Home are out basically come up to "Hey look at my shiny! No, I don't care if it's not helping. Look! Look!"

Due to the shiny exploits for Max Raid Battles, I've been seeing this long before Pokémon HOME came out. Heck, people were using the GTS for similar things too. There's definitely more of it now than there used to be, however (shiny Legendary Pokémon in particular get this a lot), but I've been seeing people use Max Raid Battles as a platform to show off their shiny Pokémon since I started participating in them.

Max Raid Battles and the accessible-everywhere PC Boxes have encouraged us now more than ever to maintain a rotation outside of our core six. People have been rotating Pokémon in and out of their lineups for decades, obviously, but the fact that you can now swap out Pokémon in the field instantly, the fact that Max Raid Battles put you in front of a myriad of Pokémon, and the ingrained nature of Gigantamax Pokémon makes it easier and more routinely viable now than at any point in the past. A pleasant side effect of this game's new features.

There's also the fact that you get access to the remote PC before the raid begins.

Another amazing combination for Mewtwo raids in case you don't have Lunala and Necrozma, or Grimmsnarl if you want to play offense, are Lapras and Vaporeon.

They use the advantage of Water Absorb by spamming Surf each turn, supported by Assault Vests.

Problem is that if you're going to be using Surf, then everyone has to be on the same page. Anyone who isn't is going to have a very bad time and will likely make you lose the raid due to repeated Surf damage.

Carkol

You guys seen Serebii's Twitter on him noticing the color palette's for Zarude's black and green, are the same as with his site? Apparently GameFreak might be modeling a pokemon after Joe, and thinking of him as a jungle monkey. XD

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Just a quick question, has Copperjah’s max raid battles come into circuit already and I’ve missed it? I used it on my game team and would like to get the Gigantimax version of it but not sure if I have missed its cycle.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah I guess not, quite glad as it’s a Pokemon I don’t think I’d have ever used, I used Theival throughout my run through as my dark type and it sucked but I still kept it, but now Grimmsnarl has replaced it and with the added fairy type bonus too!

the Mewtwo raid was incredibly hard but well worth it if you can beat it, it kept me hooked to the game for the last 2 days just doing rematch after rematch until I finally beat it! Healing is vital
It definitely is. Took one down with a team last night using Frosmoth. Played a lot of defense using Wide Guard and healed a lot. It was good that the Mewtwo was an ice move user too.

@Absolutely Absol You aren't alone there. Only one person joined a Mewtwo raid that I hosted and they left at the last second before the raid started. Only way I was able to beat it (in a separate raid, not in the raid that the person dropped out of) was with the help of a raid group and not randoms.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just a quick question, has Copperjah’s max raid battles come into circuit already and I’ve missed it? I used it on my game team and would like to get the Gigantimax version of it but not sure if I have missed its cycle.
I don’t believe so. I have a box dedicated to all the event encounter rates boosted GMaxes and Copperajah isn’t in it

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I don’t believe so. I have a box dedicated to all the event encounter rates boosted GMaxes and Copperajah isn’t in it
Ah fantastic thanks! I’ll have to keep a look out for it then when it does arrive!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You guys seen Serebii's Twitter on him noticing the color palette's for Darude's black and green, are the same as with his site? Apparently GameFreak might be modeling a pokemon after Joe, and thinking of him as a jungle monkey. XD

Though that is a neat thing to think about, I think more likely, Zarude's color scheme (not Darude--but I keep calling him that too) is because of his type combination of Dark/Grass.

Gigantamax Copperajah has not been made common yet, but it's pretty likely that will happen very soon. Not including Melmetal, I believe there are only six Gigantamax Pokémon left not made common through an event (Copperajah, Duraludon, Garbodor, Charizard, Machamp, Gengar). That being said, Gigantamax Raid Battle events have always featured either four or five, and obviously six doesn't easily fit into that, so it might be that the March ones will feature only three and April the remaining three, or March could feature all six.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
For those who do breeding, if you breed an Alola form in Sword and Shield with something else in its egg group, will the egg be the Alola form or just the original? For example if you put a female Alola Ninetales with a male Field Group be an Alola Vulpix or the original Vulpix?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
For those who do breeding, if you breed an Alola form in Sword and Shield with something else in its egg group, will the egg be the Alola form or just the original? For example if you put a female Alola Ninetales with a male Field Group be an Alola Vulpix or the original Vulpix?
Unless the Alolan Vulpix holds an Everstone all offspring will be the original, Fire-type Kanto Vulpix. This was the case with all regional forms since Gen 7.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You guys seen Serebii's Twitter on him noticing the color palette's for Darude's black and green, are the same as with his site? Apparently GameFreak might be modeling a pokemon after Joe, and thinking of him as a jungle monkey. XD

It's a Grass and Dark-Type. It's color scheme being green and black is about the most obvious thing you can do. I promise you it has nothing to do with Serebii.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Am I only unlucky one that my Mewtwo room get very rarely filled? I've only battled Mewtwo three times (1win-2loss).

I've only gotten to face it once.
Sometimes I get greeted by "This raid is full".
Then I'll join another and it's just me and one other person, nobody else shows up so we back out

Carkol

It's a Grass and Dark-Type. It's color scheme being green and black is about the most obvious thing you can do. I promise you it has nothing to do with Serebii.
Bah, you misinterpret my post. I wasn't pointing out Zarude's black and greenm for Dark and Grass. But the black and green being the exact same as the site. They could have made it a different shading of black and green. Coincidence huh?

BCVM22

It’s a coincidence, yes. Especially since those color shades will shift based on lighting and animation and such and won’t be 100% consistent across every medium.

Furthermore, I’m curious as to what the homage connection would be between Serebii the individual... and a crazy looking coked up monkey Pokémon.

ChandelureDetour

I participated in a Max raid with my Mom and sister last night. The Mewtwo raids are very difficult, We used Grimmsnarl, Lunala, and Marshadow with anybody who joins the raid last. We did not have time to play until the last day. We beat a total of 4 Mewtwo raids. I enjoyed it overall, though I wish it was a little easier if you don’t have a full team. I hope a event like this appears again.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I participated in a Max raid with my Mom and sister last night. The Mewtwo raids are very difficult, We used Grimmsnarl, Lunala, and Marshadow with anybody who joins the raid last. We did not have time to play until the last day. We beat a total of 4 Mewtwo raids. I enjoyed it overall, though I wish it was a little easier if you don’t have a full team. I hope a event like this appears again.
What time did you do it? They went away around 7pm.