• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
This hasn't been a bad Max Raid event so far, I caught Wynaut, Munchlax and Gigantamax Duraludon today. I probably won't get much use out of the new item drops, but I'm at least happy to have the Lucky Egg. I felt a bit sad after the previous Raid event because I never managed to get Escavalier or Accelgor, but for this one I'm hoping to catch at leat most of the babies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
As another user said, Easter. This is why the event pool focuses on baby Pokémon, breeding/egg-related items and Dittos (saves the trouble of hoping that one den in the Stony Wilderness spawns a purple beam for Ditto raids).
Ditto can sometimes spawn in the Lake of Outrage during multiple different weather conditions.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Apparently the baby pokémon in this event can be shiny too. I just caught a shiny Togepi in a raid a few minutes ago (plus it has a Modest nature & Super Luck)!!

This hasn't been a bad Max Raid event so far, I caught Wynaut, Munchlax and Gigantamax Duraludon today. I probably won't get much use out of the new item drops, but I'm at least happy to have the Lucky Egg.
I’m planning on using whatever items I get from this event to help train my future team for the Isle of Armor. I kind of wish they included eviolotes as a prize too though

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I’m planning on using whatever items I get from this event to help train my future team for the Isle of Armor. I kind of wish they included eviolotes as a prize too though

Yeah, as someone who has many teams each generation, it's pretty annoying that there's only one Eviolite per game. I can see the logic in it though, as they probably don't want to have people with teams full of Eviolite users. It would be a real pain to fight.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
This hasn't been a bad Max Raid event so far, I caught Wynaut, Munchlax and Gigantamax Duraludon today. I probably won't get much use out of the new item drops, but I'm at least happy to have the Lucky Egg. I felt a bit sad after the previous Raid event because I never managed to get Escavalier or Accelgor, but for this one I'm hoping to catch at leat most of the babies.
Following up on this, I've now managed to catch every available baby in the event except Cleffa and Riolu, along with a Gigantamax Copperajah I really wasn't expecting to beat or catch. I probably won't be playing the game again for a few days, but I'm much more satisfied with what I have got from this event than I was from the last one.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Looks like there no G-Max reruns this time round with the next Max Raid Event instead offering a bunch of VGC staples. Sword players seem to get the better deal out of it in that they get a shot at the normally Shield exclusive Tyranitar line. Also a second shot in nabbing a Super Luck Togekiss if you were not lucky with the Easter event.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m not sure how I feel about this new event. All of the featured pokémon were hard enough to beat in WiFi battles. Now I’m worried it’s just going to make battling & the metagame that much more annoying since everyone and their Aunt Trixie is going to have them on their team.

Yesterday I battled 2-4 trainers with at least has Excadrill, Heat Rotom, & Dragapult in their line ups.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I’m not sure how I feel about this new event. All of the features pokémon were hard enough to beat in WiFi battles, and now I’m worried it’s just going to make battling more annoying since everyone and their Aunt Trixie has one.

Yesterday I battled 2-4 trainers with at least three of them in their line ups.
I probably won't dive to deep into this one either. Cottonee/Whimsicott are the only new Max Raid spawns I haven't already got registered in my Pokedex, and I don't think it's worth going around all of the dens and using up Wishing Pieces just for one Pokemon.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'm not going to hide it, this is easily one of the most disappointing rotations I've seen so far. No G-Max reruns (A first event rerun would be nice, given that was when the events were still very annoying to catch, as well as a Toxtricity rerun, since Snorlax got one) and no new ability releases. An event that features Pokemon that are nothing special really doesn't feel worth it to me; I wouldn't consider VGC staples event worthy. I hope the next one has at least something of worth.

As mentioned, Sword players benefit here, since one of these is a version exclusive, so they can at least get that. Shield players however have nothing to gain from this event. This is basically a "get VGC staples without breeding" event, so I suppose competitive players would be happy with this.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm not going to hide it, this is easily one of the most disappointing rotations I've seen so far. No G-Max reruns (A first event rerun would be nice, given that was when the events were still very annoying to catch, as well as a Toxtricity rerun, since Snorlax got one) and no new ability releases. An event that features Pokemon that are nothing special really doesn't feel worth it to me; I wouldn't consider VGC staples event worthy. I hope the next one has at least something of worth.

As mentioned, Sword players benefit here, since one of these is a version exclusive, so they can at least get that. Shield players however have nothing to gain from this event. This is basically a "get VGC staples without breeding" event, so I suppose competitive players would be happy with this.
At most, I may try to get a Dreepy in Shield and stock up on bottle caps in Sword, but that's it. Hopefully the next event will be something special like original variants of the Galarian forms or maybe the Alolan starters with rare in-game Gen 7 pokemon thrown in

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I’m not sure how I feel about this new event. All of the featured pokémon were hard enough to beat in WiFi battles. Now I’m worried it’s just going to make battling & the metagame that much more annoying since everyone and their Aunt Trixie is going to have them on their team.

Yesterday I battled 2-4 trainers with at least has Excadrill, Heat Rotom, & Dragapult in their line ups.

Oh, if you're playing Ranked, it's ALREADY been full of these Pokémon, long before this event began. I don't see it as changing the landscape overall very much, except that more people will be playing. Granted, the catch is that not all of these Pokémon are easy to use. A novice won't know what to do with Whimsicott or Heat Rotom, for instance. How you use Excadrill is also dependent on what Ability it has, as it has pretty different matchups against certain Pokémon and even entire Pokémon types depending on what Ability it has. (And if you get Togekiss with Hustle, it's probably not going to do you much good.)

There's also the fact that this is the top 6 for double battles, not single battles, and under the pick-4 system at that.

But perhaps it's because I'm a Johnny type player, the more homogenized the metagame becomes, the easier time I have with it because people get more stuck in their ways from it, and the easier it is to predict and trick them.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I hope they release Galar starters with hidden abilities soon.
I know the feeling. Since they seem to be making it so you can make ypur starters g max I'm hoping the dlc will also include an npc who can give them their HA.

CharizardFan09

I just won my 5th badge against that old big nosed fairy type poop stain.
HELP ME WITH MY TEAM!!! Let me know if i should add someone and drop someone. And help with move sets.

Corviknight lv 43 drill peck, u-turn, iron head, revenge
Grimmsnarl lv 43 False surrender, dark pulse, leech life, spirit break
Vikavolt lv 43 poison jab, thunderbolt, bug buzz, crunch
Toxapex lv 43 surf, baneful bunker, recover, ice beam
Sirfeth'd lv 44 throat chop, fury cutter, superpower, brick break
Cinderace lv 46 pryo ball, shadow ball, bounce, zen headbut

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Er, while they may be wrong, I don't think calling a mod like that is good idea...
^ This and it wouldn't matter if it were a mod or a regular member. It's called having some common courtesy. That said, I misread the post originally by mistake and deleted my answer.

Last edited:

Ghost94

I just won my 5th badge against that old big nosed fairy type poop stain.
HELP ME WITH MY TEAM!!! Let me know if i should add someone and drop someone. And help with move sets.

Corviknight lv 43 drill peck, u-turn, iron head, revenge
Grimmsnarl lv 43 False surrender, dark pulse, leech life, spirit break
Vikavolt lv 43 poison jab, thunderbolt, bug buzz, crunch
Toxapex lv 43 surf, baneful bunker, recover, ice beam
Sirfeth'd lv 44 throat chop, fury cutter, superpower, brick break
Cinderace lv 46 pryo ball, shadow ball, bounce, zen headbut
Have a tip for you, for Pokémon with higher Special Attack than Attack give them moves with this symbol:
special.png

For Pokémon with higher Attack than Special Attack give them moves with this symbol:
physical.png

So I recommend subbing out these moves:

Grimmsnarl - Dark Pulse
Vikavolt - Poison Jab, Crunch
Cinderace - Shadow Ball

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
The latest Max Raid Event now allows players to obtain a G-Max Pikachu without Let's Go Pikachu save data, notably they can be obtained with their HA and can be shiny (and in a Poke Ball outside of the standard one). R.I.P copies the game though, it seems now purely to serve as a bridge to bring the Meltan line to the Gen 8 games (at least before direct Go to Home transfers are implemented).

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nice! Been wanting one of those.