• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Found a pattern with trying to catch them. I can catch them in Repeat Balls if it's my own raid. If it's hosted by someone else, then it tends to break free, same goes with Ultra Balls.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Now I've caught the entire Triforce of Hilarious Cries, between now and the day Isle of Armour is out I'm only going to open the game when each Mystery Gift comes out. I'm as far as the first visit to Hammerlocke in the main story, and I'm not progressing any further until I've been to the Isle, evolved my Slowpoke into Slowbro and also caught a Fletchling (or possibly Fletchinder).

Also, I'm using a Joltik on my team, and the jump it does in Pokemon Camp is actually really goofy. I know it's supposed to be jumping like a flea, but the animation looks really wonky, like it starts to jump up, completely disappears and then re-appears a few feet forward haf a second later.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I must have got lucky with Gigantamax meowth, caught a regular and shiny with regular poke balls on first try
That's very lucky. Were they raids you hosted or ones you joined?

Okkkay, I just caught a 5 star one in a raid I joined, in a Pokeball. O_O

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I hope when they release GMAX Melmetal it is like other raid events and we aren’t just tied to one. There’s multiple sets I want to run. It’d also be awesome if they allowed us to use it in ranked/VGC tho that’s EXTREMELY unlikely since they’re mythical

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Caught a bunch of Long Cats, but sadly still no Shiny. (Though, hilariously, I stumbled upon a lonely Shiny Ditto raid and caught it.)

I want a Shiny just to complete the trio of exclusive G-Max critters.
Nice catch on the shiny Ditto! Would love to find a shiny raid of it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Now I've caught the entire Triforce of Hilarious Cries, between now and the day Isle of Armour is out I'm only going to open the game when each Mystery Gift comes out. I'm as far as the first visit to Hammerlocke in the main story, and I'm not progressing any further until I've been to the Isle, evolved my Slowpoke into Slowbro and also caught a Fletchling (or possibly Fletchinder).

Also, I'm using a Joltik on my team, and the jump it does in Pokemon Camp is actually really goofy. I know it's supposed to be jumping like a flea, but the animation looks really wonky, like it starts to jump up, completely disappears and then re-appears a few feet forward haf a second later.

What about opening up the PC in the Pokémon Center to try your hand at the lottery?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It'll be hilarious if the Gigantamax event changes to a non-Gigantamax one, like the one focused on competitive Pokémon...only now it's just lots and lots of Galarian Slowpoke.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Found a pattern with trying to catch them. I can catch them in Repeat Balls if it's my own raid. If it's hosted by someone else, then it tends to break free, same goes with Ultra Balls.
Repeat balls were always failing in this one five star raid I did.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Will there be another Gigantamax event after Gigantamax Meowth before the DLC?
They're usually not announced until after the previous one ends, but there's still a few weeks left where one or two more events could be fitted in.
It'll be hilarious if the Gigantamax event changes to a non-Gigantamax one, like the one focused on competitive Pokémon...only now it's just lots and lots of Galarian Slowpoke.
I'd be down for this if the item you need to evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro was among the prizes you get at the end of each raid. Probably won't happen of course, because it would need an update to the game to add Slowbro into the code ahead of the DLC's launch, but it would still be awesome.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope when they release GMAX Melmetal it is like other raid events and we aren’t just tied to one. There’s multiple sets I want to run. It’d also be awesome if they allowed us to use it in ranked/VGC tho that’s EXTREMELY unlikely since they’re mythical

I hope we can catch a lot, I'm gonna catch as much as I can and give away all the extras to people who missed it and refuse to play the abomination of a 'game' known as GO

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Yo, what is up with this Meowth raid? I have failed to catch every one so far (10+) using Ultra Balls and Repeat Balls. This is insane.

I hate how luck based it is.