• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

erickexl

Ummm...

fMYEVUi.png
Well, I stand corrected. But its not the same as it was SuMo where the trainer was closer to their pokemon. Also, anyone realize how empty these battlefields look compared to SuMo?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, I stand corrected. But its not the same as it was SuMo where the trainer was closer to their pokemon. Also, anyone realize how empty these battlefields look compared to SuMo?

The game footage isn't finalized. Also, why would you want to be close to the creatures shooting lightning at each other?

erickexl

The game footage isn't finalized. Also, why would you want to be close to the creatures shooting lightning at each other?
I don't understand what the problem with that is. Also, the camera was intentionally angled to show just the pokemon and not the trainer, similar to the old games.
^So much this!

Yeah I don't like to say it but I kinda agree. I think a couple of the fakes looked more better than these. Especially that platypus.
I think these starters kinda look like temtems (funny, since the platypus eventually became a temtem)
I agree that some fakes looked better. Especially that orange rabbit with the furry tail that looked like black smoked. Loved that one.
Ngl tho im taking a liking to Scorbunny and Grookey. They're really cute.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
That's not a trainer. That's a bystander.
Ah yes, the obvious trainer class of schoolboy standing behind a pokemon in a typical trainer pose is most certainly a bystander, yep.

Acer11

I don't know if it's possible to transfer Pokemon from Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee! to Sword and Shield using Pokemon Bank or whatever Masuda and Ohmori can come up with. I also don't know if the Pokemon transferred in this hypothetical way will retain their increased stats from those games.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

They're farther away because the Switch isn't a potato and can actually render a bigger area. This battlefield is empty because it's an open plain, other areas will be different. Think about it a little before just saying "I HATE THIS" for no logical reason.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Gen 8 trailer looks lit! (Even though I’m probably exaggerating.) Definitely getting European vibes and I’ll be looking forward to the official art of the Galar region starters.

erickexl

They're farther away because the Switch isn't a potato and can actually render a bigger area. This battlefield is empty because it's an open plain, other areas will be different. Think about it a little before just saying "I HATE THIS" for no logical reason.
I never said I hate it.
That doesn't exactly justify the reason for the empty space. We've seen a couple areas and they're rather too open if you ask me. So much space but with nothing in it. I get that it makes sense for a Pokemon battle, but it was definitely much nicer to see the trainers by their Pokemon's side. As well as more details in the background we saw in previous Pokemon games.

Akashin

I say the backgrounds are fine just like in SM/USUM. Certainly not as bland as XY's. You got buildings in the background, more visible nature, etc. Not seeing any wrong in this!

I'm not seeing the issue with either the backgrounds or the battlefields. Both look fine to me, and I didn't even notice the added distance between the trainers and the Pokemon until it was pointed out.