• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Bus

Can't argue with that I mean I adore Charizard, he was one of the few Pokemon that Ash owned that had an arc that didn't end in being released. And Mewtwo combined two of my favorite fictional concepts: cloning and Pokemon and was one of the few Pokemon that had a character arc. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Gamefreak to give these two a break though, they're already powerful they don't need more power.
Yeah, I mean, I love Mewtwo, and that Cyborg Mewtwo (sometimes referred to as MewThree a long time ago) was a cool idea, but it's not needed. He got love; he's got two Mega forms like Charizard. Give the poor mutant pokemon a break.

It's time for other starters to get some attention. Let's see an Armored Empoleon (if this is true, that is).

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, I mean, I love Mewtwo, and that Cyborg Mewtwo (sometimes referred to as MewThree a long time ago) was a cool idea, but it's not needed. He got love; he's got two Mega forms like Charizard. Give the poor mutant pokemon a break.

It's time for other starters to get some attention. Let's see an Armored Empoleon (if this is true, that is).
Armored Dunsparce

Kage-Pikachu

Armored Dunsparce
Armored King anyone? lol

After seeing footage from the Gold and Silver Beta, I would really like to see the implementation of the Skateboard. If riding Pokemon are no longer a thing then I would love to see more ways of getting around so I hope we see a return of bikes and skates as well, maybe they can even add scooters. Maybe we can even ride a boat to travel the water and I'm desperately hoping for underwater routes! This is a big game so there should be lots to explore.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
My #1 hope for this game is to not make it a genwunner fest like 7th gen was. I like Sun and Moon and their sequels, and I'm looking forward to playing Let's Go, but I think it's time to move on now that the 20th anniversary has come and gone and just concentrate on building a new world to enjoy.

Gen 1 is just fine, let me clarify, but I'm not a genwunner, I'm ready to just concentrate on enjoying the new games.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One thing I’d like to see return are Totem Pokémon but they are optional challenges and serve as optional bosses. Some of them you can meet before the E4 but others become active once you become the champion. The Totems would include a Giant Dragonite or Salamence, an Aegislash that is guarding an item that you could sell at a high price like the Relic Crown, and a Lapras in a lake similar to the Loch Ness.

DSDark

Breeder
My #1 hope for this game is to not make it a genwunner fest like 7th gen was. I like Sun and Moon and their sequels, and I'm looking forward to playing Let's Go, but I think it's time to move on now that the 20th anniversary has come and gone and just concentrate on building a new world to enjoy.

Gen 1 is just fine, let me clarify, but I'm not a genwunner, I'm ready to just concentrate on enjoying the new games.

The focus needs to be in the new Pokemon and newer Pokemon. I'd like to see must routes have a strong amount of galar Pokemon.

Grey Wind

Yeah, throwbacks are nice but they do get a bit tiresome after a while.

My main hope is that they diversify the regional dex a little bit. I've been seeing Machop, Zubat, Psyduck etc in every game for years now and it gets repetitive. I hope they bring in a variety of Pokemon from the different regions, while also giving focus to the new Galar crew like everyone is mentioning.

One thing I’d like to see return are Totem Pokémon but they are optional challenges and serve as optional bosses. Some of them you can meet before the E4 but others become active once you become the champion. The Totems would include a Giant Dragonite or Salamence, an Aegislash that is guarding an item that you could sell at a high price like the Relic Crown, and a Lapras in a lake similar to the Loch Ness.
I like this idea. Stuff like the Marowak in Pokemon tower would've been perfect for a Totem-like battle.

Ultra Beast Lover

Could it be the Giant Dragonite from that anime episode? Mostly so we can have an episode on it

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Could it be the Giant Dragonite from that anime episode? Mostly so we can have an episode on it
Well I was inspired by the lighthouse episode from season one but a new giant Dragonite would work too. The main idea was to imitate a knight fighting off a giant dragon which is why Salamence would be acceptable as well. I tried to keep my Totem ideas in line with a UK mythology theme.

Baggie_Saiyan

I think X&Y was wayy worse. Was essentially a faux remake.

Gen 5 also had retooled Gen 1 Pokemon.

I don't think we'll ever escape Gen 1. It's about how little or how much pandering it'll get in these games.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think X&Y was wayy worse. Was essentially a faux remake.

Gen 5 also had retooled Gen 1 Pokemon.

I don't think we'll ever escape Gen 1. It's about how little or how much pandering it'll get in these games.
Gen 1 started the phenomenon so no matter what, there will always be pandering to it. The Gen 1 games are all in the top ten best selling Game Boy games with Red and Green only outdone by Tetris which came bundled with most of the original Game Boys. This is a a very remarkable feat for a first entry of a series to achieve.

erickexl

I'd honestly love to see the Pokethon return. Seeing that Football Stadium reminded me of the little minigame from it where each trainer used 3 of their pokemon to defend their goal and score on other goals. I doubt it'd be possible tho with the large amount of pokemon we currently have.

I also like the idea of the Armor gimmick. I imagine it'll look similar to pokemon in the war from that Mew + Lucario movie from the anime. Will every pokemon receive armor? I doubt it, but it would be great. Hopefully it doesn't look too jarring or cringey like some Megas. I wonder if war will be a focus in these new games since the title names are related to combat weaponry.

I'm also hoping for more Regional Variants. I'd be fine if it was Kanto pokemon that got Regional variants. I'd love to see the Kanto Starters get variants, the Nidos definitely should get some variants, Paras Line, etc. And cross-gen evolutions. No more megas tho plz.

DSDark

Breeder
Are there any leaked images about how an armored pokemon looks like?

Hopefully none and hopefully this armored Pokemon idea dies.

I don't want SwSh to add something like mega evolution or z-moves. I want SwSh to refine mechanics.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Don't know if this has been discussed.

But I think the return of gyms.... Isn't quite what we think.

I think it has to do with the PC in the sport outfit. And I think we may battle with our team in each gym in a different way than we are used to.

Perhaps we will put our Pokemon in positions and have to battle the opponent to get points or something.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord