• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

DSDark

Breeder
IMO, it feels... off? Even the animation... and I agree that the fake bug was indeed far more convincing. But anyway, May is upon us. Below is the events for May in the past main game releases starting Gen 6.

May 2018
Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee has been announced.
Gen 8 was also announced.

May 2016
First news for Sun & Moon after being announced in Feb 2016. First trailer contained first gameplay footage, legendaries, boxart, region, starters, and release date.

May 2014
ORAS announced. Boxarts and first gameplay footage shown.

May 2013
First general news for XY (CoroCoro) since its announcement in January 2013. Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed Feb & April 2013 respectively, but it was majorly related to the movie, "Genesect and the Legend Awakened". Anyway, it revealed Fletchling, Gogoat, Pancham & Helioptile, main characters, region name and map, Lumiose City, and trainer customization.

I would def say that we are getting the box art and the release date

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, after people saying the supposed leak had an animation, I went ahead and looked it up. I'll take back what I said before. A full animation is certainly something worht discussing. Given that all that was brought up was the name, I thought that's all the "leak" was.

That being said, yeah, this doesn't scream real to me. Whoever made it did a good job making it look like a video of the Switch playing the game, which is much harder to fake than a still image or a direct screen capture. But still, we've already seen someone else do the same with that bug, and it looked more professional than this does.

But the resemblance to Eevee is just a giant red flag. Also Pokemon based on inanimate objects usually aren't found on the first route

Not that I think this is real in any way, but to be fair to it, I'm not sure those are valid reasons to discount the leak. People often claim real leaks are fake because they look to close to an existing Pokémon. For example, people claimed leaks of the final stages of hte Unova starters were fake because they looked to much like Milotic, Rhyperior, and Dialga. Whoever made this fake wouldn't put so much work into just leave it looking like and edited Eevee. So even in the likely scenario that this thing is fake, it's probably just a coincidence that it looks like Eevee.

And as far as the first route thing goes, I doubt that's an actual rule. There's just never been a chance for something like that to happen before.

Once again, not saying I think this thing is real in the slightest, just being fair.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Decided to look up the leak
I admit the the last animation even had me fooled and while it's easy to replicate a regular pan of a pokemon it's much harder to replicate an entire animation +UI. I still think it's fake as the animation looks really, really OFF as people mentioned. But whoever made it certainly had fun with it.

Red and Blue

There is already another Fakemon. A yellow, three legged turtle Pokemon fighting Klinklang

BCVM22

Producing and propagating unmarked Fakemon is a federal offense. These people better hope the FBI isn’t on their trail.

I eagerly await real news solely so that we can stop giving these people attention.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I did some digging and found the supposed leak and... I actually don't think it looks all that much like Eevee. The color scheme is similar but for the past 5 generations Eevee has generally been portrayed as a light brown, while this supposed Pokemon's body is a flat dark brown, and the eyes are off too. Up until Gen 6, Eevee was admittedly portrayed with generic black eyes, but this was probably due Gens 1-5 using sprites rather than HD 3D models, limiting the amount of detail you can put into them. In Gens 6 and 7, Eevee is portrayed with brown (or maybe dark amber) eyes. The supposed leaked Pokemon clearly has black eyes. They look vaguely similar, but not so similar that I'd say with any confidence it's just an editted Eevee.

That being said I'm still not buying it. As I've said before, 4chan is not a reliable source, and while this person's story of being a QA tester is technically plausible, there's no evidence that it's true. Lastly, the image itself is grainy and low quality, both of which are classic signs of a fake as minor inconsistencies in the photo or design of the Pokemon can be explained away by the image's poor quality.

Acer11

Just something I'm curious about; I don't know which set of TMs most of the TMs from the previous generation would return in the game, the TM order from Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (ex: Ice Beam (TM13), Dragon Claw (TM02)), or the new TM order from Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee! with 40+ more TMs (ex: Ice Beam (TM55), Play Rough (TM44)).

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Just something I'm curious about; I don't know which set of TMs most of the TMs from the previous generation would return in the game, the TM order from Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (ex: Ice Beam (TM13), Dragon Claw (TM02)), or the new TM order from Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee! with 40+ more TMs (ex: Ice Beam (TM55), Play Rough (TM44)).
It will most likely follow the 100 TMs from USUM since it’s a full core series game. Let’s Go are a transitional “core” game to get Pokémon Go players into actual core games.

Acer11

It will most likely follow the 100 TMs from USUM since it’s a full core series game. Let’s Go are a transitional “core” game to get Pokémon Go players into actual core games.
Well, I hope they include some TMs from LGPE like Play Rough and Foul Play into the new games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
TMs in Let's Go were a little odd. They had to change them entirely to fit the available Pokémon. Also, some TMs were added because the move wouldn;t be in the game otherwise, while other TMs were removed because the move wasn't available in the game otherwise. Given this, they will almost certainly make Shield and Sword's TM list more like Sun and Moon's than Let's Go's.

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
My very first post, so I'll start off with what I would like to see in the game.

• Expanded customization options
  • At least one new Eeveelution, preferably Ghost, Steel, or Dragon
  • Side quests (you guys were talking about them earlier in the thread, and it's a very good idea IMO)
  • A place similar to the Pokepelago
  • Scorbunny =/= Fire/Fighting
  • More Ghost-types
If even one of these was actually in the games, I'd be very happy.

On the topic of TMs, I never really paid attention to them before, but 100 TMs sounds pretty good to me.

The Fakemon from earlier, the lantern one, I didn't see the original video for it, but I did see a Poketuber talking about it, as controversial as that is, but he pointed out that the background is similar to the trailer at the point where the MC encounters the wild Pikachu. Also, the way that Petra is revealed is also the same as when the Pikachu was revealed. However, the background was slightly different. Thus, it doesn't really say if the Fakemon is a Fakemon, or a real Pokemon, so we will just have to wait and see.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My very first post, so I'll start off with what I would like to see in the game.

• Side quests (you guys were talking about them earlier in the thread, and it's a very good idea IMO)
  • More Ghost-types

On the topic of TMs, I never really paid attention to them before, but 100 TMs sounds pretty good to me.

The Fakemon from earlier, the lantern one, I didn't see the original video for it, but I did see a Poketuber talking about it, as controversial as that is, but he pointed out that the background is similar to the trailer at the point where the MC encounters the wild Pikachu. Also, the way that Petra is revealed is also the same as when the Pikachu was revealed. However, the background was slightly different. Thus, it doesn't really say if the Fakemon is a Fakemon, or a real Pokemon, so we will just have to wait and see.
I say it's fake xd

BCVM22

But the default state is "fake." It isn't a 50/50 Schrödinger's Pokémon type deal - the Pokémon is fake, automatically, unless proven real. And even if you want to place it right in the center where it could go either way, the means by which we're seeing it, the low quality of the media, and common sense are all strikes in favor of it being real, while there's no real evidence of it being authentic.

Maybe it's real, maybe it's not, but there's no rational reason to believe anything of this nature is real until it's incontrovertibly proven so.

Acer11

• More Ghost-types

We already have enough Fire/Fighting Starters.

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
But the default state is "fake." It isn't a 50/50 Schrödinger's Pokémon type deal - the Pokémon is fake, automatically, unless proven real. And even if you want to place it right in the center where it could go either way, the means by which we're seeing it, the low quality of the media, and common sense are all strikes in favor of it being real, while there's no real evidence of it being authentic.

Maybe it's real, maybe it's not, but there's no rational reason to believe anything of this nature is real until it's incontrovertibly proven so.

Fair. I was mostly expressing my opinion.

We already have enough Fire/Fighting Starters.

Exactly my point.