• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
Yeah. We've gone two generations without one, so I think that it will continue. I think that Scorbunny will be Fire/Electric anyways.

I'm personally hoping for either that, or Fire/Fairy. Fire/Ghost would also be acceptable, however, since we already got a secondary Ghost-type last gen, it's somewhat unlikely that we'll get it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm personally hoping for either that, or Fire/Fairy. Fire/Ghost would also be acceptable, however, since we already got a secondary Ghost-type last gen, it's somewhat unlikely that we'll get it.
Besides the repeated Fighting type, Dark was used twice in a row with Greninja and Incineroar. It is possible that we would get another Ghost type starter, although I don't know how Scorbunny would become a Ghost type, but then again I didn't expect Rowlet to become a Ghost type either.

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
Besides the repeated Fighting type, Dark was used twice in a row with Greninja and Incineroar. It is possible that we would get another Ghost type starter, although I don't know how Scorbunny would become a Ghost type, but then again I didn't expect Rowlet to become a Ghost type either.

Fair. Actually, I thought about that not long after posting, but thank you for pointing that out.

Yeah, Fire/Ghost Scorbunny is more like a pipedream, but it is true that no one expected Rowlet to be Ghost-type. However, I was very happy when I found that out, even if my first play-through was with Poplio. Kinda was disappointed with Litten's final evolution, until my recent playthrough where I decided to pick Litten. Incineroar grew on me.

As an extra note, on the Galar map, has anyone else been able to squint at the cloud covering the forest near the MC house in the starting district? I think I see a house or a mansion in there, but it's hard to tell if it's just cloud texture, or one of those under the cloud.

Acer11

Fair. Actually, I thought about that not long after posting, but thank you for pointing that out.

Yeah, Fire/Ghost Scorbunny is more like a pipedream, but it is true that no one expected Rowlet to be Ghost-type. However, I was very happy when I found that out, even if my first play-through was with Poplio. Kinda was disappointed with Litten's final evolution, until my recent playthrough where I decided to pick Litten. Incineroar grew on me.

As an extra note, on the Galar map, has anyone else been able to squint at the cloud covering the forest near the MC house in the starting district? I think I see a house or a mansion in there, but it's hard to tell if it's just cloud texture, or one of those under the cloud.
I hope Scorbunny's final evolution remains speedy

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
We already have enough Fire/Fighting Starters.

Definitely but right now Fire/Fighting looks like the most likely candidate, the thing gives off too much Chespin vibes
I can't wait to see the first evolutions so we can get a better idea of the typings

Still hoping Sobble becomes a Dragon
We need a Dragon starter already

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Question? What are the chances of Grookey's final form being a grass/steel type, Scorbunny's final form being a fire/fairy type and Scobble's final form being a water/dragon?

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
Question? What are the chances of Grookey's final form being a grass/steel type, Scorbunny's final form being a fire/fairy type and Scobble's final form being a water/dragon?

That exact combination? Very low. But, I would probably have an even harder time deciding between Scorbunny and Sobble at that point. (Maybe Grookey as well, but so far, I'm mostly meh over it's design.)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

One in 5832.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Take 17, since you cannot recount Grass for Grookey, Fire for Scorbunny and Water for Sobble. It'd be 1/4913. :)
No, 1/5832 is correct, because there's a chance the starters will have no secondary type.

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
I just want the secondary types to be strong against the type they're weak against

That is a very valid point, I fully endorse it. That said, even if GF has thrown us for a loop on occasion with starter secondary typing, I don't like the chances of that happening. (Because they're pretty low.)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I just want the secondary types to be strong against the type they're weak against

Kind of negates the purpose of a type triangle though.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Kind of negates the purpose of a type triangle though.
What if said second types don't come until either the mid evolution or the final stage?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What if said second types don't come until either the mid evolution or the final stage?

I think that's kind of assumed, given first stage starters rarely have secondary types, and that we're speaking in the context of the Galar starters, which we know don't have typings like that in their base stage.

But yes, it would still mess with the type triangle, which is a big part of the identity of the starters.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think that's kind of assumed, given first stage starters rarely have secondary types, and that we're speaking in the context of the Galar starters, which we know don't have typings like that in their base stage.

But yes, it would still mess with the type triangle, which is a big part of the identity of the starters.
Ah.

I disagree with you on that one. I think it would add a bit more of a challenge deciding on them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I disagree with you on that one. I think it would add a bit more of a challenge deciding on them.

How so?

Regardless, even if that's the case, making it more challenging to pick one doesn't change the fact that such a thing would negate a large part of the dynamics of starter Pokémon.