• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Which makes so much more sense since the most serpentine member of that trio, Zygarde, would have a highly negative connotation with the Norse Myths since the most prominent snakes are seen as evil: Jörmungand literally means "huge monster" and is destined to poison the seas and the air and killing Thor while Níðhǫggr is the snake who gnaws at the roots of the World Tree and was basically a demon who devoured those who were dishonorable oathbreakers. Yet Zygarde is portrayed as a heroic guardian.
Oh. I always pegged Yveltal as a Yata-Garasu stand-in with Zygarde being Yamato-no-Orochi, especially with its multiple heads (cores) thing. Never did figure out was Xerneas was supposed to be this way though.

SoulRebel726

They could make everyone happy by implementing an easy and hard mode I don't know why they refuse to do it. But maybe this time...

I would kill for a difficulty option/slider. I think the easiest thing GF can do to appease the older crowd is to just give us a way to make the game harder. Let me go through a whole story mode battling EV trained pokemon with good IV, held items, no 1-pokemon trainers cluttering routes, etc. I have no reason to expect that in SwSh, but it may be my single biggest wish. I would love having to come up to actual strategies while going through the campaign, rather than just swap type advantages and power through everyone.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
If we're getting a difficulty slider I want it to have a medium option because I don't have time to get right EVs and breed Right IVs and think up a strategy for every major battle. But I also don't want the game to be an easy piece of cake like XY was.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yeah I figure a lot can be shown in 15 minutes. Especially since they’ve already revealed the game so we won’t have 5 minutes of Pokémon games recaps haha. As far as I know (please correct me if I’m wrong), but this is the longest Pokémon Direct we’ve had.
Hmm I just remember the direct we had in May for SM back in 2016. I remember it was a few mins and we got to see a game footage. Wasnt it 15 mins too as well?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Taodragon said:
It may be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I always felt that the Kalos trio (or at least, Xerneas and Yveltal) had more in common with Celtic themes then Norse. Yveltal has practically nothing in common with the eagle on top of Yggdrasil and even Xerneas' connection is kind of flimsy. By comparison, Cernunnos is a horned god associated with life and the wild while Morrigan's symbol was a crow and was a goddess of war associated with the cycle of life and death, which is more fitting of their natures and themes.

I always considered the Kalos Legendary trio as being just as Nordic based as they were Celtic based; I don't see why they couldn't have been inspired by two sources. That said, I still think that the logos for Shield and Sword are hinting at what the box Legendaries will look like, i.e. they'll probably be canine-themed.

Creyk

Less than 24 hours guys! My final predictions:
•legends and box art
•early route Pokémon (bird, Bug, small mammal)
•gameplay footage of the starters
•Professor
•rival
•info on the new gyms/gym masters (what it means, how it’s different)
•release date
•potential switch bundles
And obviously some more gameplay footage of routes/towns and some new music to break down and analyze.

Looking forward to tomorrow of course! Only downside is that work and just the General day today is going to go by crazy slow
Oh my all this, and I would have been happy with the cover legends being revealed and a bit of gameplay footage.
Well I sure do wish for all this to happen

DSDark

Breeder
Less than 24 hours guys! My final predictions:
•legends and box art
•early route Pokémon (bird, Bug, small mammal)
•gameplay footage of the starters
•Professor
•rival
•info on the new gyms/gym masters (what it means, how it’s different)
•release date
•potential switch bundles
And obviously some more gameplay footage of routes/towns and some new music to break down and analyze.

Looking forward to tomorrow of course! Only downside is that work and just the General day today is going to go by crazy slow

I can agree with basically all of this.

Oh my all this, and I would have been happy with the cover legends being revealed and a bit of gameplay footage.
Well I sure do wish for all this to happen

It's 15 minutes of footage. There's never been a direct this long on just one pokemon game. The Pokken tournament, USUM, Gold and Silver direct was only eight minutes

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I definitely think we’ll see 5 or 6 new Pokémon.
Also, professor, rivals, evil team, gyms, and other stuff like the new mechanic.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
We probably won't see all of the early Pokémon either, as they will keep some for E3, either for the floor demonstration, or an announcement near that period.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
We probably won't see all of the early Pokémon either, as they will keep some for E3, either for the floor demonstration, or an announcement near that period.
Possible. But in Gen 6 E3 didn’t reveal any early route Pokémon. Instead it revealed Clauncher, Skrelp, Talonflame, Sky battles, and the PSS if I’m not mistaken.

That said, really hoping they show us what this gen’s connectivity thing is. Hope it’s more PSS like and less Festival Plaza like

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Possible. But in Gen 6 E3 didn’t reveal any early route Pokémon. Instead it revealed Clauncher, Skrelp, Talonflame, Sky battles, and the PSS if I’m not mistaken.

That said, really hoping they show us what this gen’s connectivity thing is. Hope it’s more PSS like and less Festival Plaza like

If I remember correctly Fletchling, Bunnelby & Scatterbug were all already revealed before E3. Don't take this for a fact though. I might be wrong.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
It's really exciting knowing that we're this close to new information about this game. I'm sure it'll launch a whole bunch of new speculation on what we'll be seeing from these games, and hopefully it'll put some fears to rest. I was shocked by what they gave us months ago, and 15 minutes is a long Direct if they actually use the time. If it's anything like the recent Mario Maker 2 Direct, then we'll be blown away with information. I think this one will go a bit slower, but there's still plenty of time. Here what I think will be shown off:

• Professor with the starter introduction cutscene.
  • Potentially the rival(s)
  • The new early route Pokemon
  • A cinematic cutscene of the new box legendaries along with the box art

I guess these are somewhat safe guesses, but I don't expect much farther than the opening areas aside from the legendaries. Basically, this will probably cover what Treehouse will then play through next week in a session at E3.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I hope we see what will be the exclusive Pokémon to each game, maybe some of the early Pokémon.