• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
You know that strange feeling you get where you suddenly don't care about Pokemon Sword & Shield during the last few months and your kept busy doing something else but now your just six hours away from brand new information of Sword & Shield and your suddenly excited about the Sword & Shield games, can't wait for the games to be released and hoped that time went faster? That's me right now lol.

Very same here:) I envy people in US which will have the data early in the morning. Me, as a person living in Poland will get the data 3 PM our time and the day will move soooooooooooo slow... I usually fall to extremes so I will be overreacting for some days, especially since SwSh is a benchmark for me whether to buy a Switch or not:)

Aetius

You know that strange feeling you get where you suddenly don't care about Pokemon Sword & Shield during the last few months and your kept busy doing something else but now your just six hours away from brand new information of Sword & Shield and your suddenly excited about the Sword & Shield games, can't wait for the games to be released and hoped that time went faster? That's me right now lol.

Ahahahaha, same here.
There has been silence for months and now that we're few hours away from the announcement, I can't help but being excited!
I have the feeling that today the legendaries will be showcased.
I think it's about time.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ahahahaha, same here.
There has been silence for months and now that we're few hours away from the announcement, I can't help but being excited!
I have the feeling that today the legendaries will be showcased.
I think it's about time.
I'm betting were going to see a cinematic trailer featuring the legendaries like the last two generations, roaming around their associated habitat.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Very same here:) I envy people in US which will have the data early in the morning. Me, as a person living in Poland will get the data 3 PM our time and the day will move soooooooooooo slow... I usually fall to extremes so I will be overreacting for some days, especially since SwSh is a benchmark for me whether to buy a Switch or not:)
That is exactly how I feel, I’ve planned ahead and distracted myself by booking tickets for Dark Phoenix which ends just before 2pm so I’ll be able to watch it straight after the movie! However this morning is dragging haha

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Can’t believe there’s less than 2 1/2 hours til the Direct.
They’ll probably talk about the game, and show new stuff.
I hope we see the legendaries for this generation, and 3-4 new Pokémon. Being the bird, bug, and rodent, and another Pokémon like the dog or farm animal.

DSDark

Breeder
The following is the breakdown of Pokemon Directs:

January 8, 2013 - Pokemon XY - 11:11 minutes

- 00:00 Retrospective with Iwata
- 07:13 Actual game trailer
- 08:46 Remaining minutes with Iwata

September 4, 2013 - Pokemon XY - 19:24 minutes

- 00:00 Restrospective with Iwata, Masuda and Ishihara
- 03:46 Player Search System (PSS)
- 04:58 Pokemon Bank/Poke Transporter
- 12:10 Kalos and Kanto starters gameplay
- 12:34 More discussion
- 13:00 Mega Evolution gameplay
- 14:09 More discussion
- 14:46 Mega Evolution gameplay
- 14:53 Remaining minutes with Iwata, Masuda and Ishihara

February 26, 2016 - Pokemon 20th Anniversary - 06:29 minutes
- There is no gameplay and trailer but SM was announced at 03:30 mark

June 06, 2017 - Pokken, Pokemon GS VC, Pokemon USUM - 08:09 minutes

- 00:00 Pokken
- 03:47 USUM Trailer
- 04:10 More Pokken
- 06:22 USUM gameplay (same bits from trailer)
- 06:40 Remaining minutes with Gold/Silver VC and Ishihara

February 27, 2019 - Pokemon Day 2019 - 07:00 minutes
- 00:00 Retrospective with Ishihara
- 00:57 Pokemon Sword/Shield game trailer
- 02:27 More discussion with Ishihara, Masuda and Ohmori
- 05:06 Galar region gameplay
- 05:23 Remaining minutes with Ohmori and Ishihara

Take note that a huge percentage of the directs aren't always showing gameplay and tend to focus on discussion.

Unlike majority of the previous directs, this is not a game announcement so I expect this to be more discussion-oriented and less gameplay. But unlike the XY announcement, we've only seen the main characters, some bits of battles, and the region. We've yet to actually see the starters in-game, the box legendaries, and a release date.

I really hope there's not a lot of talking. The mario marker direct was 17 minutes long and that was nothing but game play

Creyk

I'm experiencing this exact thing right now. The countdown has been open on my computer for hours but still, there are 99 minutes left to go

Pokemon Power

Today's the day! I'm hoping they reveal the return of Triple Battles, a new Eeveelution or two, and some new features that take advantage of the Switch's capabilities.

Xuxuba

my guesses:
box legendaries
regional bird
one or two features revealed (maybe the one related to that symbol)
a few locations' name revealed
explanation of why the gyms are stadiums

maybe it's too much info, but the direct is kind of long

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have a good feeling we'll get the legends, but I hope we get at least one normal regular Pokemon reveal... cause really that's long overdue.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I really hope there's not a lot of talking. The mario marker direct was 17 minutes long and that was nothing but game play
I have high hopes. I mean I’m just happy that I’m The February Pokémon Direct they only spent less than a minute talking about old games, instead of spending half the Direct looking back.

About 30 more minutes!

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Direct starts in 15 minutes. Can't believe I actually used an alarm for this thing. Thank God I don't have work to do yet lol.

Everyone put their headcanons in already but if I don't see legendaries I might actually riot. If they aren't wolves (the popular theory) I'll be even more interested. Further more this will be impression I get whether or not the preorder pre-order the game so I'm hoping it goes well!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Can you tell which channel will do the broadcast? I want to make sure I am subscribed to it. I am subscribed to the official pokemon page but they did not put up that countdown type thing yet that many musicians do when they have a new song coming out at a certain time.

There's a livestream feed right now on the official Nintendo YouTube page. You can go there.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Can you tell which channel will do the broadcast? I want to make sure I am subscribed to it. I am subscribed to the official pokemon page but they did not put up that countdown type thing yet that many musicians do when they have a new song coming out at a certain time.
Here's the link

Edit. wait what? why did it show as the actual video?