• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They can move older Pokemon forward. They're deciding not to. Listen, I'm getting the new game because it will be good still. I'm just calling out their hypocrisy in this case and calling out the new precedent it sets. They said our Pokemon are timeless when in reality they're actually determining which ones are timeless which Pokemon aren't. Myself and way too many people on these forums have gone out of our way to obtain rare event Pokemon for everything to be brushed aside like this is definitely a jab to the gut. Perhaps maybe we weren't meant to trade with people to obtain these Pokemon. Should I bother going to Target for another event or driving out somewhere that's out of my way for Pokemon that'll just be left behind? This is actually an issue and one that may not even affect you or some thing you care about, but it is an issue. They acknowledged that people have had memories and how timeless our Pokemon are. Why do they have to be left behind? Sure, I'll just go play the previous games when the precedent was allowing us to continue our journey with our Pokemon in future games. All that time spent investing in breeding and shiny hunting being slapped down does suck.

But they are timeless, literally these pokemon have been with us for years. They aren't being deleted or wiped from memory or old games. you can still use every single one of your old pokemon in their games so they aren't useless or forgotten.

Unless people are like oh a new game *throws away or sells the old ones*, there's no effect on them. You can still breed and hunt shinies to your hearts content and then use them in said games until they can be brought over to the newer games if you so choose.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'm not sure what was so bad about being able to capture many Legendaries from past generations in OR/AS and US/UM. I thought that was one of those games' better features, and while I wasn't really expecting that to happen in Shield and Sword anyway, it would've been a pretty nice bonus.

I think he meant that in terms of the plot of the games, having a bunch of older legendaries show up in Galar via magical means doesn't make much sense.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
All these same people saying Dynamaxing is **** and awful are the same people who said Mega Evolution and Z moves were cheap and awful and now they want them back. Because they need some scapegoat to blame for something as always. As if Dynamaxing was taken out suddenly Chansey would be in the game.

Too many assumptions. I personally liked Mega evolution when it came out and I want it back now. I didn't like Z-moves when they came out but I want them back only because of Ultra Necrozma which is basically a Mega evolution tied to Z-moves. I didn't start speaking out against SwSh before we learnt about Dexit, but I assure you I had issues with Dynamaxing and the appearance of the games since the direct.

I know that if the Dynamaxing was never invented that wouldn't automatically solve the cut pokemon issue. That's because Dynamaxing didn't eat up development time from Mega evolutions or the remaining pokemon because Dynamaxing didn't require much development time at all. It's basically just enlarging the models and that is a lazy gimmick which I wished was never there to begin with.

Of course, if the leaks are true and some pokemon get special forms when Dynamaxing then I'm afraid I'm also gonna want Dynamaxing to stay in the series because I'm all about collecting pokemon. That doesn't mean that I changed my mind about Z-moves or Dynamaxing or that I am looking for something to scapegoat, I still hate both mechanics. If they gave us a Mega stone for Ultra Necrozma or something equivalent for the special Dynamax forms then I wouldn't care if they got cut.

No really they aren't. The National Dex has NEVER been the point of pokemon and it never will be. The whole point has always been to go to these different regions and to travel them and encounter all these new amazing creatures and have an adventure, not to use these two pokemon in a battle for 20 plus years because they are perfect together. In all honesty, I could give a damn if Charizard is here and great as long as the new pokemon introduced are great.

Claiming that the point of the games was always to travel to different regions and catch new pokemon is as subjective as it is to claim that it's all about completing the national dex. Different people have different ways they play the games.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Too many assumptions. I personally liked Mega evolution when it came out and I want it back now. I didn't like Z-moves when they came out but I want them back only because of Ultra Necrozma which is basically a Mega evolution tied to Z-moves. I didn't start speaking out against SwSh before we learnt about Dexit, but I assure you I had issues with Dynamaxing and the appearance of the games since the direct.

I know that if the Dynamaxing was never invented that wouldn't automatically solve the cut pokemon issue. That's because Dynamaxing didn't eat up development time from Mega evolutions or the remaining pokemon because Dynamaxing didn't require much development time at all. It's basically just enlarging the models and that is a lazy gimmick which I wished was never there to begin with.

Of course, if the leaks are true and some pokemon get special forms when Dynamaxing then I'm afraid I'm also gonna want Dynamaxing to stay in the series because I'm all about collecting pokemon. That doesn't mean that I changed my mind about Z-moves or Dynamaxing or that I am looking for something to scapegoat, I still hate both mechanics. If they gave us a Mega stone for Ultra Necrozma or something equivalent for the special Dynamax forms then I wouldn't care if they got cut.

Claiming that the point of the games was always to travel to different regions and catch new pokemon is as subjective as it is to claim that it's all about completing the national dex. Different people have different ways they play the games.

The point I am making is that people will always find an excuse to blame something for something else they like not being in the game.

I'm so confused how making pretty much every pokemon viable is a lazy gimmick. With Dynamaxing, every pokemon in truly viable in raids and gyms, not just a couple of them. Plus it doesn't have the setback of having to wait until you have the proper z move to make some moves and pokemon useful. Every pokemon gets a short burst of power, that's the best type of power up. Plus unlike z move and mega evolution, it doesn't just turn your pokemon into 1 hit ko machines so there's still strategy needed.

It really isn't though, that's literally what the anime and the games are doing in each region. The national dex was never made the focal point, there was never a complete the national dex to beat this game, it was always on the back burner and optional.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Personally, I'm disappointed that Game Freak is excluding certain previously introduced pokemon. In addition to being a part of the fandom's shared heritage, this will likely also reduce the moves that pokemon that ARE in the Galar Pokedex can learn through breeding. After all, some moves can only be bred onto a Pokémon through very specific lines. It's unfortunate.

Also, I'm sad that they are getting rid of Mega Evolution. I understand the reasoning, though. As each pokemon requires a specific item to be obtained to Mega Evolve it, it has become a chore for player and developer alike to obtain every last Stone. Also, it drastically changes the game play, making some pokemon incredibly unbalanced. Personally, I feel it should have been included with some sort of change, like not needing the equipped stones but (to keep Mega Evolutions from becoming more powerful and unbalanced) being unable to use items when Mega Evolved (except Rayquaza, of course). For obvious reasons, they would have to be unable to use Dynamax at the same time, obviously. Perhaps someday they will be brought back into these games, maybe with some new Mega Evolved pokemon introduced in the intervening generations.

However, I get where they are coming from. They are trying to rebalance the game's competitive play, getting rid of many overused, broken pokemon, at least until the next games are released. Perhaps they plan on having a full Dex when the second game/set of games releases for Gen 8. In the meantime, we as fans have two options: we can either protest by refusing to buy the game, or we can play through and hope for a return of that which we have become accustomed to. Be mature; don't buy the game and complain about a feature you knew was in it before you obtained it.​

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like all this Dexit talk is causing and will continue to cause nothing but trouble? I know we're all entitled to our own opinions but I'm worried this could become a flame war if it doesn't end already. Can't we all just get along?

Now for something productive to hopefully lead this thread in a different, less hateful direction, does anyone know when the next information is supposed to leak? I know there's that thing at the very end of the month but is there anything before then that might contain anything?

Grey Wind

Now for something productive to hopefully lead this thread in a different, less hateful direction, does anyone know when the next information is supposed to leak? I know there's that thing at the very end of the month but is there anything before then that might contain anything?
Between the direct and e3 we've had quite a bit of info recently so I doubt it. During SM they usually announced info every 3 weeks or so.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
But they are timeless, literally these pokemon have been with us for years. They aren't being deleted or wiped from memory or old games. you can still use every single one of your old pokemon in their games so they aren't useless or forgotten.

Unless people are like oh a new game *throws away or sells the old ones*, there's no effect on them. You can still breed and hunt shinies to your hearts content and then use them in said games until they can be brought over to the newer games if you so choose.

The Pokémon that aren't in the Galar dex may not be deleted or wiped out, but what if they are never added to the Galar dex or to future dexes? What happens to an obscure Pokémon, say Burmy, if it is not included in a future generation or remake? What if someone doesn't want to bring them over to Pokémon Home since they can't be traded back to their original games and no future game supports said Pokémon? What happens then? Game Freak will move on from Sun and Moon and eventually, the servers that run Pokémon Bank and support trade and battle for SM/USUM will eventually be shut down repurposed for use with Sword and Shield. What happens to the Pokémon who will now be either trapped in a previous Generation, or in Home since they aren't in the Galar dex, then? This is why so many people are both upset and worried at the same time. And even if their favorites are in the Galar dex, what happens if those Pokémon are abandoned in future generations since this all seems to be a policy change at Game Freak?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Anyone else feel like all this Dexit talk is causing and will continue to cause nothing but trouble? I know we're all entitled to our own opinions but I'm worried this could become a flame war if it doesn't end already. Can't we all just get along?

I'm not really seeing any fighting here, and not even much "hate" (most of it is more like disappointment), though we are starting to talk in circles.

Anyway, I doubt we'll get more news before the end of the month. Unless we get another interview.

BCVM22

does anyone know when the next information is supposed to leak?

By definition, we can't "know when the next information is supposed to leak."

CoroCoro or one of the television shows or one of the Japanese expos will probably cover E3's reveals - Yamper, Impidimp - and maybe the Legendaries in detail in the near future. Beyond that, no.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The Pokémon that aren't in the Galar dex may not be deleted or wiped out, but what if they are never added to the Galar dex or to future dexes? What happens to an obscure Pokémon, say Burmy, if it is not included in a future generation or remake? What if someone doesn't want to bring them over to Pokémon Home since they can't be traded back to their original games and no future game supports said Pokémon? What happens then? Game Freak will move on from Sun and Moon and eventually, the servers that run Pokémon Bank and support trade and battle for SM/USUM will eventually be shut down repurposed for use with Sword and Shield. What happens to the Pokémon who will now be either trapped in a previous Generation, or in Home since they aren't in the Galar dex, then? This is why so many people are both upset and worried at the same time. And even if their favorites are in the Galar dex, what happens if those Pokémon are abandoned in future generations since this all seems to be a policy change at Game Freak?

I'm sorry but that is incredibly unlikely. Each of these games has 100's of pokemon in it. No way any one pokemon is excluded for years. Obviously if a pokemon is in sword and shield, they will want to include pokemon that weren't in the next games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I think he meant that in terms of the plot of the games, having a bunch of older legendaries show up in Galar via magical means doesn't make much sense.

I suppose that makes more sense, although I could imagine several Legendaries showing up in the Wild Area, regardless. It's not out of the realm of possibility that some previous Legendaries would be drawn to the region from my perspective.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
The point I am making is that people will always find an excuse to blame something for something else they like not being in the game.

Sure, some people do that. I'd guess they are the minority but I don't know either way. All I know is where I'm personally coming from so I'm speaking specifically about myself here. I don't like dynamaxing, I don't like pokemon, megas and z-moves getting cut and I think the animations could be much better. I also didn't like the cover legendaries. Of all of these issues, the only one I feel strongly enough to actually not buy the games is the cut. That doesn't mean I support Dynamaxing or the current animations, it just means I would be willing to live with them if they announced tomorrow they are patching the rest of the pokemon in.

If the cuts didn't happen I wouldn't have even bothered to go out criticizing dynamaxing or the animations because I didn't care that much, but I still thought they weren't good changes. Now that I am out here talking about the cut of course I'm going to bring up my other issues with the game, especially since Masuda gave "high quality animations" as one of the reasons for the cut. That doesn't mean I'm "scapegoating" other issues to blame GF.

If you look at my previous posts, you can see that there are changes I like about the games and that I was perfectly willing to give GF credit for those: The wild area, the large stadium-like gyms and the co-op raids all look great.

I'm so confused how making pretty much every pokemon viable is a lazy gimmick. With Dynamaxing, every pokemon in truly viable in raids and gyms, not just a couple of them. Plus it doesn't have the setback of having to wait until you have the proper z move to make some moves and pokemon useful. Every pokemon gets a short burst of power, that's the best type of power up. Plus unlike z move and mega evolution, it doesn't just turn your pokemon into 1 hit ko machines so there's still strategy needed.

No, dynamaxing does nothing to make every pokemon viable. If Charizard is viable, then Dynamax Charizard is gonna be viable. If Stantler is not viable, the Dynamax Stantler is not gonna be viable. Giving the same boost to every pokemon means that the boosted strong pokemon are still gonna be stronger than the boosted weak pokemon. Z-moves have the same issue. A Ho-oh using a fire Z-move is gonna be stronger than a vulpix using a fire Z-move.

Mega evolutions on the other hand were specific boosts to specific pokemon, often designed based on the pokemon's strengths and weaknesses specifically to make said pokemon stronger. Now of course it was given to pokemon that didn't need it like Rayquaza for the "wow" factor, but it was also given to pokemon like Beedril which then became viable.

So dynamaxing is a lazy gimmick not only from the designing point of view (you just enlarge the models), but also the balancing point of view (the gaps between pokemon remain unchanged). So just like the "high quality animations", their "balancing" excuse is also looking shady if they are taking Megas out and replacing them with dynamaxing.

It really isn't though, that's literally what the anime and the games are doing in each region. The national dex was never made the focal point, there was never a complete the national dex to beat this game, it was always on the back burner and optional.

I could turn this back on you and say that Pokemon Origins is more closely based on the games than the main anime and in Pokemon Origins Red is trying to complete the pokedex.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Sure, some people do that. I'd guess they are the minority but I don't know either way. All I know is where I'm personally coming from so I'm speaking specifically about myself here. I don't like dynamaxing, I don't like pokemon, megas and z-moves getting cut and I think the animations could be much better. I also didn't like the cover legendaries. Of all of these issues, the only one I feel strongly enough to actually not buy the games is the cut. That doesn't mean I support Dynamaxing or the current animations, it just means I would be willing to live with them if they announced tomorrow they are patching the rest of the pokemon in.

If the cuts didn't happen I wouldn't have even bothered to go out criticizing dynamaxing or the animations because I didn't care that much, but I still thought they weren't good changes. Now that I am out here talking about the cut of course I'm going to bring up my other issues with the game, especially since Masuda gave "high quality animations" as one of the reasons for the cut. That doesn't mean I'm "scapegoating" other issues to blame GF.

If you look at my previous posts, you can see that there are changes I like about the games and that I was perfectly willing to give GF credit for those: The wild area, the large stadium-like gyms and the co-op raids all look great.

No, dynamaxing does nothing to make every pokemon viable. If Charizard is viable, then Dynamax Charizard is gonna be viable. If Stantler is not viable, the Dynamax Stantler is not gonna be viable. Giving the same boost to every pokemon means that the boosted strong pokemon are still gonna be stronger than the boosted weak pokemon. Z-moves have the same issue. A Ho-oh using a fire Z-move is gonna be stronger than a vulpix using a fire Z-move.

Mega evolutions on the other hand were specific boosts to specific pokemon, often designed based on the pokemon's strengths and weaknesses specifically to make said pokemon stronger. Now of course it was given to pokemon that didn't need it like Rayquaza for the "wow" factor, but it was also given to pokemon like Beedril which then became viable.

So dynamaxing is a lazy gimmick not only from the designing point of view (you just enlarge the models), but also the balancing point of view (the gaps between pokemon remain unchanged). So just like the "high quality animations", their "balancing" excuse is also looking shady if they are taking Megas out and replacing them with dynamaxing.

I could turn this back on you and say that Pokemon Origins is more closely based on the games than the main anime and in Pokemon Origins Red is trying to complete the pokedex.

What I mean is that throughout the journey, all the pokemon get a chance to shine. For instance, in the beginning of the games, there are a lot of pokemon that just don't hit as hard as you'd like and go down easily, with dynamaxing, you get a little bit of a boost until they learn better moves or evolve etc etc...it's not so much for late game which is all the megas did, it's more so for the whole journey.

Also the design aspect is also put into the moves animations which looks gorgeous. You can't judge the games animations before the final release, as whatever is shown now is not the end result, and the animations I have seen look awesome.

In origins, Red is completing the regional dex which pretty much every game likes you to do and sort of nudges you in that direction. The same can't be said for national dex which really isn't mentioned much outside of a throwaway line in the game freak building.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Actually, given dynamaxing is location-based, I'm assuming that for the majority of the story's play time you won't be using it. You'll use it for each of the gym battles, probably a tutorial max raid, and I'd wager for several important non-gym trainer battles. However, most of the game battles will be at normal size. And of course, you're able to use it for competitive battles as they take place in a stadium that's in a relevant location. In other words, I don't think you'll be able to rely on it as a power boost most of the time.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The rumour only said something along the lines of:

"The fourth Gym leader is Opal, the first fairy Pokemon gym (even though it's not the first) The first, second and third are Milo, Nessa and Kabu (mentioning their names as if we're supposed to know who the hell they are even though Nessa wasn't revealed yet and Kabu still isn't)"

Then the next question is, where the hell is Kabu?