• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
One feature that is heart and core of the game! For Zelda it is adventuring and for pokemon it is collecting and using pokemon. They said they are getting rid of it and you are clapping to GF? Just... wow

And guess what, you can still collect and use hundreds of pokemon. Jesus, just because every pokemon is not in the game doesn't mean that GF is suddenly the worst gaming company ever and doesn't care about pokemon at all. And yes you said that when you likened them to Michael Bay.

LordSerperior

you know... despite the fact that people are willing to spend money on the poorly produced game is baffling to me.
It all reminds me of Transformer cinematic universe.
like now most critics and people hated this film series ( at least after 1st one)
and it was a deeply flawed film. However Michael bay didn't care.
He didn't care what fans think or so called critics thought about his film
He once said that "let them hate my film- they will watch and pay for it anyways" and until Transformer 5 his film made billions of dollars.

Pokemon is going the same way. It doesn't matter how much people like me shine a light on the deeply flawed issue. There will always be people who will just flock to play this game. GF will make millions of dollars and GF will have the same attitude as Michael Bay- who gives the crap about naysayers! I only care about money!
After this GF will produce less then stellar games and people will just buy it- like how people came to watch Transformer movie despite its flaws
Thank you for your insight, superior human being with better reasoning and standards. The rest of us honestly hope you can find something better to do with your life than whining on the internet over a kids' game because I think its really concerning that the opinion of lesser beings affects and baffles you so much.

Also a movie is an art form, the artist can choose to do whatever they want to do. Sure, everybody else has the right to criticise but it is also the artist's right to not bother with it and do whatever. As consumers of art you just don't buy what you don't like and you cannot do anything more. If someone else watching the movie or the movies mere existence bothers you, when you aren't being forced to watch it, then that sounds like a you problem.

The same applies to games. You can criticise but ultimately not do much else. Whether someone listens or takes your criticism seriously is up to them. All you can do is not buy it and ignore it exists. What's going on now is not criticism anymore but whining and ranting until everyone else says they agree with you. The level of childish entitlement some people have here over other people's opinions no less is also pretty baffling to me.

And then everyone wants to inform us of how this will set a precedent and soon we'll reach a point where even we will be unsatisfied with the game. Well, guess what, when we reach that point, I'll stop buying without whining and calling people who don't agree with me names. It is that simple.

Then the next question is, where the hell is Kabu?

Nobody can really answer that question since he hasn't been revealed yet. All the rumor says is that he's the third gym leader. His name makes me think he uses bug types. Where his gym is on the map is anybody's guess.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Enough. From either side.

Discussion is one thing, but having it devolve into petty bickering is another.

Let's get back to general game discussion minus this, please.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Both Milo and Nessa had at least one fully evolved Pokemon on their teams, so would the battles more challenging (nah, Dynamax would ruin that). BW games had a cool feature with three different modes (easy, normal, hard) and I would like it to come back in SwSh

ShadowForce720

Both Milo and Nessa had at least one fully evolved Pokemon on their teams, so would the battles more challenging (nah, Dynamax would ruin that). BW games had a cool feature with three different modes (easy, normal, hard) and I would like it to come back in SwSh

If your talking about their aces, we still don't really have confirmation if Drednaw and/or Eldegoss evolve or not. Sure it's possible that there already fully evolved but it's also possible that they still have another evolution, we just don't know at this point.

TsengHyena

But they are timeless, literally these pokemon have been with us for years. They aren't being deleted or wiped from memory or old games. you can still use every single one of your old pokemon in their games so they aren't useless or forgotten.

Unless people are like oh a new game *throws away or sells the old ones*, there's no effect on them. You can still breed and hunt shinies to your hearts content and then use them in said games until they can be brought over to the newer games if you so choose.

Its not quite as easy as that, theres gonna be a rush to transfer your pokemon to Home as we don't know when Bank is going to be put offline as the 3DS is not supported now.

I'm sorry but that is incredibly unlikely. Each of these games has 100's of pokemon in it. No way any one pokemon is excluded for years. Obviously if a pokemon is in sword and shield, they will want to include pokemon that weren't in the next games.

Its happened quite frequently in the trading card game.

I would be fairly surprised if Drednaw turns out to be fully evolved. It just seems too small to be fully evolved (at least by the standards of its archetype, a heavily armored physical attacker).

Hanto

Water Addiction
I would be fairly surprised if Drednaw turns out to be fully evolved. It just seems too small to be fully evolved (at least by the standards of its archetype, a heavily armored physical attacker).
I see it as a powerful standalone Pokemon without pre- or evolution just like Basculin or Solrock/Lunatone with a base stat total about 430-470

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If your talking about their aces, we still don't really have confirmation if Drednaw and/or Eldegoss evolve or not. Sure it's possible that there already fully evolved but it's also possible that they still have another evolution, we just don't know at this point.

Eldegoss definitely seems like a middle evo to me and Drednaw seems like the later game dragon type equivalent a la Gible or Bagon. The fact that Corviknight and Drednaw were way higher level then the rest of the pokemon tell me they are later game pokemon.

Its not quite as easy as that, theres gonna be a rush to transfer your pokemon to Home as we don't know when Bank is going to be put offline as the 3DS is not supported now.

Its happened quite frequently in the trading card game.

They can always put them in US and UM and then put them in Home once they are compatible with a game no??

The trading cards cycle out cards frequently though, I mean my cards from when I was younger look nothing like today's cards. Plus to be honest, where all the pokemon ever in there?? Like I stopped buying them around Hoenn and my variety isn't exactly amazing.

TsengHyena

Eldegoss definitely seems like a middle evo to me and Drednaw seems like the later game dragon type equivalent a la Gible or Bagon. The fact that Corviknight and Drednaw were way higher level then the rest of the pokemon tell me they are later game pokemon.

They can always put them in US and UM and then put them in Home once they are compatible with a game no??

The trading cards cycle out cards frequently though, I mean my cards from when I was younger look nothing like today's cards. Plus to be honest, where all the pokemon ever in there?? Like I stopped buying them around Hoenn and my variety isn't exactly amazing.

If Masuda comes out and says Bank isn't going to be brought offline for X amount of time, then yes, I'd agree with that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If Masuda comes out and says Bank isn't going to be brought offline for X amount of time, then yes, I'd agree with that.

Well they would obviously give people a heads up. For instance if home is releasing in February, they would say make sure your pokemon are out of bank by like March when bank is taken down. Idk, something like this.

Orphalesion

Wasn't bank originally hailed as some sort of permanent solution that lets you transfer your Pokemon into all future games?

I mean even back then I didn't believe that, but wasn't it advertised like that?

JW1004

I am tired of being dissapointed or mad. It is what it is.
I just hope that they focus a little more on what we already have on Sword and Shield and future titles. I liked the regional forms as a nice way to have more 'new' Pokémon and at the same time have old ones that we could use in a different way. And I also really enjoy cross gen evolutions and hope to see more of those in the future, since I feel there are lot of lines, especially in Gen V that could benefit from one. The only thing I am not particular 'wowed' by so far is the Dynamaxing, but we'll see.

Akashin

Well, alolan forms never had different names (even though some would have made more sense in english - Alolan Sandshrew should be Snowshrew xD) so if the name does end up being Sirfetch'd that sounds more like an evolution. And that would honestly be refreshing. Other than Sylveon which I don't really count because it was an eeveelution specifically designed to promote the addition of the fairy type to the games, we haven't really gotten any crossgens since gen 4. Overshadowing/Replacing crossgen evos is the one downside of Mega evolutions for me. But I still want ME back too :(

That's the strange part, yeah. Sirfetch'd sounds like an evolution (though maybe one like Scizor, where there's no BST change and could be considered a drastic Form change of sorts?), while the Meowth thing doesn't, but they're talked about like they're the same thing conceptually. That's not even touching on how strange it is that the rumor states that Meowth gets both a Gigantimax change as well as whatever this is, all on top of being one of the ones to have gotten an Alolan Form. Just strikes me as really odd all around.

Mega Evolutions being back (ie. actually expanding them) would be a dream come true, but at the moment my standards on that front have been cut back to being happy with them even being in the game again, so... Cross Gen evolutions are a next best thing in that sense I guess, if that's what this actually is (and if it's real, I suppose).

Besides being funny, it's surprisingly nice to see people using the situation to try doing things like this.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

...Correct me if i say something wrong here but Mr Matsuda normally tweeting something everydays, maybe retween some fanarts or news or about himself but after E3... he didn't post anything at all... because people spam comments on him so he decide to shut himself from internet? Mr Ohmori too but Mr Turner still active it seem...

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
That's the strange part, yeah. Sirfetch'd sounds like an evolution (though maybe one like Scizor, where there's no BST change and could be considered a drastic Form change of sorts?), while the Meowth thing doesn't, but they're talked about like they're the same thing conceptually. That's not even touching on how strange it is that the rumor states that Meowth gets both a Gigantimax change as well as whatever this is, all on top of being one of the ones to have gotten an Alolan Form. Just strikes me as really odd all around.

Mega Evolutions being back (ie. actually expanding them) would be a dream come true, but at the moment my standards on that front have been cut back to being happy with them even being in the game again, so... Cross Gen evolutions are a next best thing in that sense I guess, if that's what this actually is (and if it's real, I suppose).

Besides being funny, it's surprisingly nice to see people using the situation to try doing things like this.

A "Gigantamax" Meowth sounds like something meant to promote the anime.

Jason White

AspiringPsych
So I was wondering, is it possible to transfer Pokemon from LPPE to SwSh? I know you can transfer them to Home but what with the ease of shiny hunting, perfect nature, and IVs I wasn't sure if it would be possible in terms of how it could have an impact on the meta game (which I never personally play)