• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
If you're a Nintendo Switch owner, you have to pay NSO subscription for every game to go online. Pokémon is no exception.

HOME only provides benefits to players to transfer their Pokémon and online features of Global Link (so far). No indication of a smoother, advantageous IG experience.

You can't compare GO (Mobile app.) and Town (Switch) where a GO player's daily microtransactions can cost the price of Town during events.

I understand everyone has different economic income, thus have to be more careful with their expenses, but what you only have to do is simply to pay $20 more than the current titles, and move on. You won't start behind; you'll even be offered NPCs to complete Max Raid Battles. It's getting more and more tiring to throw shade at GF with either little-to-no business knowledge or for the sake of complaining and calling it a day.

Unfortunately to a poor person, $20 can make or break anything. I also refuse to pay subscriptions or microtransactions because they are anti-consumer. This is why I'm quitting the franchise, and why this generation feels dead on arrival to me. I also hate how everyone on this forum is always out to attack me just because I cannot afford the new games, because poor people get discriminated in general. I am quitting the series, and make sure you respect my decision.

The reason why I think Town won't sell as well as people hope is because it's the issue of GF not being well known outside of Pokemon. Mobile gaming has basically killed the Pokemon franchise as I know it, on top of all the stupid Genwunner pandering.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Wait, did the tweets about the 151 Pokémon lead to something? I thought that was the point, but I don’t think the August trailer came out after they were all done.

Either way, that’s what I’m really hoping they’re doing. While kind of see this as a long shot, I’m hoping these Pokémon Facts tweets are meant to count down to a new trailer that introduce something like the starters’ mid-stage evolutions.

I don’t expect to see their final forms until November either via a trailer or the launch of the games to keep it a secret for those who don’t follow Serebii or the datamine leaks
No, it didn't directly lead to any consequence, but it kept Pokémon Twitter fairly active for nearly five months to kill time daily.

I have a feeling it's a tease by Pokémon which will end up as: "Hey, Trainers! Now that you've learned more about already-discovered Pokémon in Galar, catch up with more news on 6th of September at 14:00 BST. You don't want to miss it!" or something similar.

Unfortunately to a poor person, $20 can make or break anything. I also refuse to pay subscriptions or microtransactions because they are anti-consumer. This is why I'm quitting the franchise, and why this generation feels dead on arrival to me. I also hate how everyone on this forum is always out to attack me just because I cannot afford the new games, because poor people get discriminated in general. I am quitting the series, and make sure you respect my decision.

The reason why I think Town won't sell as well as people hope is because it's the issue of GF not being well known outside of Pokemon. Mobile gaming has basically killed the Pokemon franchise as I know it, on top of all the stupid Genwunner pandering.
I see. Selling your old units and games could have contributed to your savings for Switch and SWSH, but it seems you're already done with the franchise.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Mobile games aren’t even something Gamefreak is that reliant on because they can shut down at any time compared to main series games that can last until Buznut’s descendants rule the Andromeda Galaxy. Hell, Pokemon Duel is shutting down this October and, aside from GO, most of the others have stopped updating or also have been gone 5ever.

Stop being nervous about the future of Pokemon!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Why don't we move on about the cost of the game discussion and the future of the game series discussion and get back to Sword and Shield game discussion. Thank you.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I hope footage and pics come out about it. The more, the better.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Those Galar Visitors Centers sound really fun! I wish I could go, but I doubt one'll get set-up nearby where I live. I'm still gonna hope though, lol. It'd be cool to play the demo, too.

"To prepare for the launch of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Nintendo is hosting a series of pop-up tourism centers, where fans can learn more about Galarian culture and must-do regional activities. Kicking off at PAX West next weekend in Seattle, and popping up in select cities across the U.S., fans will be able to stop by the “Galar Visitors Center” to take their Galar region passport photo, speak with “tour guides” to learn more about regional activities and characters, and receive special themed items, while supplies last."

"In addition to learning all about the Galar region and the new Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games, visitors to the tourism centers will be able to experience many fun activities. Everyone who stops by should make sure their cameras are equipped, since there will be various Galar-themed photo opportunities that are perfect for sharing on social media.

Visitors also have the opportunity to receive a variety of special items, including Galar region postcards and a travel brochure, while supplies last. Anyone who pre-orders Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield on site or shows proof of existing pre-orders, like a digital receipt, will receive a special luggage tag inspired by the games, while supplies last."

source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190821005235/en/

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I’m sorry you disagree with all my statements and believe that I’m just an overreacted crybaby. If GF are so burnt out, they should just quit, focus on turning Town into a franchise and hand the main Pokémon series to a new developer. Keep in mind that I do not have the money to afford the series anymore, and because I’m poor, I have a right to be against companies who only care about money because it creates a Rich vs. Poor war that is heavily one sided. Because they now only care about profit and not the customers (much like EA), my views against anti-customer policies is heavily justified. It also doesn’t help that I heavily support the #BringBackNationalDex movement.

Because of microtransactions taking over, I cannot fully enjoy gaming anymore. What I also meant by biggest revenue maker, I was discounting the merchandise. GF got scared at the fact that another company (Niantic) has dethroned them, and caused Town to be made. Sadly, Town itself could face failure due to it being brought up in the controversy with SwSh.

You're quite literally blaming Game Freak for your inability to afford their game.

To be quite frank, they are not responsible for your funds, and it is rather selfish of you to demand they lower their costs simply because you can't tend to them.

This isn't a Rich vs Poor thing. Not even close. Pursuing your logic, you would assume that anyone who buys Game Freak's games at this point are all rich. Well I got news for you, mate. Most of us aren't.

Let me break this down:

1. Microtransactions have nothing to do with Pokémon Sword & Shield. They are not in the game.
2. Game Freak is not associated with Pokémon GO. The Pokémon Company doesn't even own the game. Niantic does.
3. The only reason HOME requires a subscription is because it is on a separate server from NSO, and thus requires its own processing. That costs money.

I cannot stress this enough. It's totally okay to be angry. Just know what you're angry at.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Please let’s this demo be a new one. I love you, Nessa, but I can’t take seeing the same gameplay of your gym for the 100th time. :S
All the articles I've read just say sword and shield demo, but I imagine if it was a new demo they'd say that.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
effectively don't really offer anything more than the 3DS games

I can play it on my 48" flatscreen in my living room. That is beyond worth it to me compared to the tiny screen that was the 3DS.

first week of their respective months: 8th of July

"first week" "8th of July" anime Rotomdex voice: "DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE" ;):D:p

It has nothing to do with Age

It does. It's only adults (and maybe some older teenagers) complaining. The little kids seeing these trailers are loving them. And any little kids you do see complaining were brainwashed by YouTubers, they're not coming up with these opinions on their own.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It does. It's only adults (and maybe some older teenagers) complaining. The little kids seeing these trailers are loving them. And any little kids you do see complaining were brainwashed by YouTubers, they're not coming up with these opinions on their own.

I wouldn’t say they’re being “brainwashed”. I hate using one-off examples, but my friend’s younger siblings have an extensive collection of Pokémon they carry over to each game. Heck, they have more shinies and mythicals than I do. I’m sure it doesn’t take a YouTuber to tell them they’re upset about some of the decisions in Sword and Shield.

So I'm just gonna assume Game Freak is electing to be more conservative with info on the game, given we now have less than three months until release.

I can accept that, but I'm sure as hell not pleased. I need a fix, man. And where are my Ghost types!?!? :mad:

I’m honestly surprised we didn’t get a new Ghost-type (and by extension, Fighting-type) when Allister and Bea were revealed.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Ok locking this as people are continuing to talk in circles and argue. It'll reopen once new news comes out. For now, it's going on ice.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
For the nth time, this thread is re-opened for discussion.
And probably for the nth time, it'll be locked sooner because people will keep arguing.

Nintendo Direct Youtube Stream:
NA

JP

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
@Wulava Thanks for posting the Youtube versions.

Will have to wait until it's done to watch it though. Vita doesn't support live video.