1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

7.4%
  2. Yep

9.7%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.0%
  1. SpookyMimikyu

SpookyMimikyu See me?

Oh man, I'm really excited for this! I'm hoping for starter evos or maybe Yamper's evolution if any, but any news is fine with me.

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  2. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

I’m hoping for more version differences to justify buying the double pack since they’ve been pushing it so much

Also confirming bits of dialogue like in Pokémon Masters would be nice too

janejane6178 likes this.
  3. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I really hope we will get new Pokemon=[[
    Its funny Im watching the direct but the only games that interest me are Swsh

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

"All we have to show you today" *sigh*
    Two months away.... come on Gamefreak -_-

5. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

Pokémon Camp is officially confirmed to be Secret Base of ORAS.

Customization is waaaay perfect than I imagined, also among the new Pokémon we finally have the Teapot Pokémon and Seagull with Barracuda in its mouth.

Also, the fact they haven't shown Impidimp literally gives me psuedo-legendary vibes.

6. janejane6178

Ok so barely any new stuff.... 2 new Pokemon - the tea one is ok and the bird I dont like

wolf jani and Orphalesion like this.
  7. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

WHERE IS IMPIDIMP!!!!

8. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye #ShieldGang

Yay!! Customization, Camping AND Cooking confirmed! Plus new pokémon :3

Edit: why does it feel like I'm the only one happy..... ^ ^;

9. In the Camping part I couldn't help but notice a green Alcremie with clovers instead of strawberries. I wonder What other variants it has and what they mean.

10. Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse Well-Known Member

Well once again, I don't expect the full game revealed obviously, but that was such stupidly small info for a game that is due in two months. I feel like we don't even know half of it at this point.

11. Mr.Munchlax

So we went from Pokéblocks, to Poffins, to Poképuffs, to Pokébeans, to curry. . .

Well, at least it’s not called Pokécurry

12. Meh wasn't too interesting. Camping is pokemon refresh over again and those curries boost your stats? The Pokémon are Idk a bird and a teapot.

13. Mewizard

Mewizard Well-Known Member

Customization Is nice, and camping sounds fun.
    Cooking seems like a Mini Game which is okay I guess.

As for the new Pokemon, I'm not that amazed by the designs of this generation. The Teapot is okay but that seagull is honestly one of the worst designs I've ever seen, Maybe it's the odd colors.

14. Jason White

Jason White AspiringPsych

Was hoping for more but loved what we got so far. Looks like that leak got another one with a seagull Pokemon that catches a barracuda. Though it used surf and not dive but still. Also kinda weird seeing a regular fish and not a Pokemon in a Pokemon game. Kinda reminds me of the references to animals like elephants early on when Pokemon first came out.

A game based on the UK just had to have a teapot. They couldn't resis.

15. dss_live

dss_live Water and Fairy-type master

I love how the customization is much more expanded, time to travel looking fancy AF.
    The camping feature seems really cute and , as guessed, cooking. All pretty neat so far.

The teapot pokemon is hella cute, though this does make me wonder if the pokemon Rose threw out was really "teapot" inspired and not just an elephant. If it was either even.
    The birds blank stare is pretty unsettling tho, weird ability. Yet another thing that's true about the affleck leak. Wonder why they didnt mention the thing it was choking on, thought i guess he's just sitting on the bench with impidimp at this point.

wolf jani and AgentKallus like this.
  16. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Well the Tea Pokemon is cute and the.....Shamrock Shake Alcremie?? was interesting.

Also customization looks very *very* good.

But that waterbird is ug-lay and the curry cooking isn't really my thing (at least not in video games).
    Would have been nice to see a few more new Pokemon, but well, I didn't expect much.

anjunajake, wolf jani and TRNRLogan like this.
  17. Technically we got 3. Note that the fish in the bird's mouth is also new.

That wasn't the same teapot. It was the wrong color and didn't have legs. It probably evolves into the teapot we saw earlier.

18. Mr.Munchlax

Because a lot of people were kind of expecting more like more new pokémon, more new characters, Starter evolutions, version differences, Galarian forms, new Gigantamax forms, etc.

I’m also getting the feeling people expected the Pokémon segment to be longer due to the direct being 40 minutes long.

Eh, at least character customization feels more expanded on than it was in Sun & Moon!!

19. janejane6178

I feel the same way. They focus TOO much on other stuff like customization and camping etc... why not focus on the new Pokemon? I didnt like the designs

20. landipan

landipan Well-Known Member

I think the customization options looked awesome, sure I wanted more new Pokes revealed, but I'm sure we'll get something from the Pokemon company this month as well