• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I'm a casual rpg sort of player as well, so I definitely liked this trailor far more than the last. I adore that there's going to be a sort of 'Nintendogs' thing where you can pet and play with your Pokemon, it makes them feel more real and personable.

I'm mostly 50/50, but I agree here as well. I am interested in competitive stuff as SuMo got me super far into that, but it's also nice knowing we do have more casual stuff as well. I'd rather they at least show there's something for everybody. Linking up with my friends is also a plus.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hi!

Like I said, i’m here to help bring in some positive vibes. Some people just wanna talk about the new game, but it always devolves into a dumb argument because folks are still salty. And then the thread gets locked. I’m here for the little guy. The happy guys. The guys who just wanna have a good time!
Cool. Anything else in game you're looking forward to? One thing I noticed today, is that the graphics seemed better.

Oh my lord, I decided to take a while to process the entire Direct.

I think I found one of my favorites for this generation. Cramorant looks so doofy looking, I love it so much. It's definitely to end up on my team, probably more likely than Corviknight. My tastes in Pokemon have always been a bit unconventional, so I understand if this is a bit of an unpopular opinion. But just look at it! Not to mention that its ability is super useful in a casual playthrough, I just gotta hope that it can learn Surf naturally or that when I can catch it I'll have the TM for Surf at that time.

Vernpole

Cool. Anything else in game you're looking forward to? One thing I noticed today, is that the graphics seemed better.
The new Pokémon all look great, especially Impidimp. I love that little freak.

I really wanna see more regional variants too. Easily the best new thing introduced in gen 7.

And I’m super interested in the story to be honest. I’ve always liked Pokémon stories when they’re done well.

greninjamaster

I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. We can't have every member with rose-colored glasses on posting endlessly about how cute Polteageist is or how the Blueberry Alcremie form is the best. We need balance and some realism around here.

Cramorant is just ugly.
Polteageist could have potential, but every time they post "leaked" fan-made Pokedexes and people get all critical about the names being too simple and clearly fake.... well WTF is Polteageist? Cheesy and lame much?

So yes. I'd rather have every Pokemon back than the two new Pokemon we had revealed today. #BBND

So let me see if I understand you... in the same paragraph you say that the people that think the new features are great or awesome have rose colored glasses on and you claim that YOUR opinion is the realistic one overshadowing ours.

Yeah that's not how it works around here, nice try though. Your opinion is not the majority by any means.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one thing I'm hoping for with character customization is that they don't limit options like hairstyles or colors until after beating the main story like they did in Sun & Moon. We finally have the kind of freedom we've always wanted in a Pokémon game & the chance to look like real anime characters, so I'd hate it if we couldn't do everything as soon as the shops & boutiques are available.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The new Pokémon all look great, especially Impidimp. I love that little freak.

I really wanna see more regional variants too. Easily the best new thing introduced in gen 7.

And I’m super interested in the story to be honest. I’ve always liked Pokémon stories when they’re done well.
Ah I like its typing, but it still has to grow on me otherwise lol.

Agreed.

Same here. And I like when they have good surprise twists in them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Enough of the arguing. Lets get back to General game discussion. Thank you.

Kingudora

My favourite
To continue a bit on my last post, I can also see how fans that are more into battling being disappointed in the revealed pokémon so far.

Most of the new pokémon so far are pretty cutesy or strange in their design. Other than maybe Corviknight and Duraludon, none of them really look like potentially being powerhouses, which tougher/cooler-looking tend to be (of course, which pokémon are good in battle isn't directly tied to looks, but there is a tendency).

Hopefully, we will see some more evolved pokémon soon, like evolutions of Wooloo and Rolycoly that I reckon might look quite tough.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Polteageist might become one of my favourite Pokemon ever, I really hope it's a non-evolving one. Cramorant is fine, doesn't excite me, but at least it's not bad. I wonder what Pokemon the fish he sends out is, though. I'm surprised he's not spitting Remoraid.

DannyDark

The Ugly Ducklett is a neat gimmick Pokemon, though nothing more than that due to its sub-par design and typical typing.
Polteageist... seems random and almost pointless? Like, what makes it unique, honestly? Just feel like we needed to see a bit more of it to be a selling point.

Camping seems meh. As throwaway and soon-to-be-boring as all other Pokemon interactive modes.

Weak trailer overall, yet still remain hopeful.

Marzbar

Polteageist... seems random and almost pointless? Like, what makes it unique, honestly?

And why does every Ghost Pokémon have to be purple? It’s officially called “the black tea Pokémon” so why isn’t it black?? Can non humanoid black tea not have blackface? Never seen purple tea before. It’s silly. And childish too, looking at its facial features.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
Enjoyed the new trailer. Could have used one or two more new Pokémon, but I liked they expanded on the game's features.

Cramorant is fine for me, I like its derpiness and I'm really curious to see what's with the fish. I think it really is a new Pokémon. Loved Polteageist and that it is a Ghost-type! I would dig that tea set evolution like someone suggested before.

About camping and cooking it looks interesting and way better than its predecessors. Customization seems huge now so maybe I'll be more invested this time.

I wish we'd get the legends typings. They are almost certainly Steel, specially after someone noticed something with the numbering on their cards, but I'm more curious about their secondary type. I'm also still on the edge of my seat for a new Ice Pokémon, but I'm starting to lose hope...

DannyDark

What makes it any more "random and pointless" than any of the other 700 or so that aren't a starter or a Legendary? Seems entirely arbitrary.

Ah well you've gone and asked the million dollar question that makes all further discussion moot; it's all random and pointless.

But maybe I just don't find a pure Ghost type whose main schtick, as far as we know, is that it inhabits an inanimate object... but a different, British, object... this time around entirely rousing 700 or so Pokemon in.

I have standards for Pokemon I find enjoyable or interesting, as do we all, it's in no way merely arbitrary.