• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Mewizard

Some new Pokemon seen walking around in the background, they look similar to necrozma.
Dat4TJg.jpg

JohnLynch

No, it's not. They're not erasing your old Pokemon from existence; they're just making you wait a bit longer to transfer them.

As for your other point, you actually did a good job of explaining why you don't need to be so upset. Face it, the National Dex is NOT coming back. You don't have to be happy about it but sitting around moping about it isn't going to accomplish anything. If all you care about is what ISN'T in the games you miss out on countless awesome things that are in them.
Sure. Intellectually I know I should just bend over and accept what GF are giving or else I’m going to miss out on everything. Still doesn’t mean I’m looking forward to SwSh. To be honest at this point I don’t even know when I’ll be getting it. Which isn’t exactly what I thought my attitude would be towards the first console main line game :(

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Is curry pokemon's attempt at crafting or just the newest verion of pokeblocks/berry crushing?

I hope Cramorant evolves. We have too many non-evolving pokemon so far. I like his dopey look though

I'm really happy about the much expanded character customization!

Pokemon Camp looks nice. I love that they added a multiplayer aspect to pokemon amie!

I'm definitely gaining back my hype for these games.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No, it's not. They're not erasing your old Pokemon from existence; they're just making you wait a bit longer to transfer them.

As for your other point, you actually did a good job of explaining why you don't need to be so upset. Face it, the National Dex is NOT coming back. You don't have to be happy about it but sitting around moping about it isn't going to accomplish anything. If all you care about is what ISN'T in the games you miss out on countless awesome things that are in them.
I also want to mention that Marzbar’s partly right when he said that everyone shouldn’t look at the game with Rose-colored glasses.

While I love what we did see in the trailer, I was bummed we didn’t get more and I can see why some people aren’t impressed. I mean, none of these features are new, just upgraded/expanded versions of the old ones meant to work with the Switch’s hardware, and we did lose the National Dex for a Curry Dex. It’s perfectly fine if you don’t like what’s featured in the game & have a negative opinion. If you don’t want to buy Sword & Shield or whatever, there’s nothing wrong & we need opinions from both sides of a situation rather than being stuck in an echo chamber.

That being said, it’s wrong for either side to act as if their opinion is the “right way” to think and that everyone else is acting like shills, trolls, sheeple, haters, etc. If you don’t like the games, you end up coming off as rude or harsh and people will dismiss your criticisms since they think you’re either salty or just being a jerk. If you do like the game, it makes you come off as one of those toxic positive people on YouTube or Twitter who think SwSh are the greatest thing since sliced bread and that anyone who had any kind of negative opinions towards the games are the scum of the Earth. If anything, the best thing to do is agree to disagree with other’s opinions & try to come up with our own opinions of the game without blindly praising or bashing it.

Last edited:

JohnLynch

I have no problem with people liking this game. I wish I could share their excitement. I really do.

I also want to mention that Marzbar’s partly right when he said that everyone shouldn’t look at the game with Rose-colored glasses.

While I love what we did see in the trailer, I was bummed we didn’t get more and I can see why some people aren’t impressed. It’s perfectly fine if you don’t like what’s featured in the game & have a negative opinion. If you don’t want to buy Sword & Shield or whatever, there’s nothing wrong & we need opinions from both sides of a situation rather than being stuck in an echo chamber.

That being said, it’s wrong for either side to act as if their opinion is the “right way” to think and that everyone else is acting like shills or sheeple. It ends up coming off as rude or harsh and people will dismiss your criticisms since they think you’re either salty or just being a jerk. If anything, the best thing to is agree to disagree with other’s opinions & try to come up with our own opinions of the game without blindly praising or bashing it.

Don't get me wrong; I would LOVE to see the National Dex brought back. The more the merrier after all. I just don't think its absence is as big a problem as people make it out to be, and since they've outright stated that it won't be back I'm not about to start tearing my hair out waiting for it. I'm not happy about it, but I accept it.

JohnLynch

Who said anything about tearing my hair out? I just have no interest in paying $80 at this time for what feels like a rogering. Maybe in a few months I’ll feel like getting rogered. Not at this time though :(

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I have no problem with people liking this game. I wish I could share their excitement. I really do.
Sharing good! *shares excitement with you*

At least you allow people to have enjoyment of stuff!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
EDqIqboVUAE-vry

I need more info on the Y-Comm. What do we think "Search Stamps" is for? and do you think the message boxes on the right are just profiles or can we live chat with people online or nearby?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Don't get me wrong; I would LOVE to see the National Dex brought back. The more the merrier after all. I just don't think its absence is as big a problem as people make it out to be, and since they've outright stated that it won't be back I'm not about to start tearing my hair out waiting for it. I'm not happy about it, but I accept it.

Who said anything about tearing my hair out? I just have no interest in paying $80 at this time for what feels like a rogering. Maybe in a few months I’ll feel like getting rogered. Not at this time though :(

Both of your opinions are perfectly fine. It’s only wrong if you’re the kind of person with a “It’s my way or the highway” mentality.

Getting back on topic, one thing I love that no one seems to mention yet is the music for trading & evolving. The tune from Gen 1 has always been my favorite, & I’m geeking out over how they incorporate into a hard rock remix of the theme!!

SurrealistSmeargle

While I love what we did see in the trailer, I was bummed we didn’t get more and I can see why some people aren’t impressed. It’s perfectly fine if you don’t like what’s featured in the game & have a negative opinion. If you don’t want to buy Sword & Shield or whatever, there’s nothing wrong & we need opinions from both sides of a situation rather than being stuck in an echo chamber.
To be clear, I don't think so many of us are looking at things with rose-coloured glasses so much as some of us are just legitimately happy with the info we're getting. I can understand why people may be disappointed, and why this might not be the generation for them, and that's perfectly fine. But returning to threads day after day just to say 'Still don't like this', which I've seen some users do, doesn't really add to the conversation. It just creates a negative atmosphere which can feel hostile and really sour the experience of being on a discussion forum.

I need more info on the Y-Comm. What do we think "Search Stamps" is for? and do you think the message boxes on the right are just profiles or can we live chat with people online or nearby?
I wonder if the stamps are the pictures in the 'Chatter' section, and could be a way of signalling the activity you want to do. Like 'I want to Trade!/Battle!/Make Curry/Do a Raid!', and you'd search for those stamps to narrow the chatter box to find those who want to do the same activity as you do.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
@Mr.Munchlax No one is asking others to do that.

I agree with you there. Differing opinions are fine, but when it devolves into arguing, it ends up taking away from discussion in the thread.

Agreed.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
EDqIqboVUAE-vry

"I made a scrummy meal with my Pokemon. Fancy a curry?" Oh gosh I really hope they don't go too far with the british lingo, that'll drive me a little crazy personally. Like british tv shows, I can only listen to that accent for a little bit.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I wonder if the stamps are the pictures in the 'Chatter' section, and could be a way of signalling the activity you want to do. Like 'I want to Trade!/Battle!/Make Curry/Do a Raid!', and you'd search for those stamps to narrow the chatter box to find those who want to do the same activity as you do.
That would be amazing. If that were the case, I can see the Y-Comm being even better than the PSS. They might have learned a valuable lesson after dropping the PSS and giving us the Festival Plaza *shudders*

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
EDqIqboVUAE-vry

Link trade and link battle... I really hope they're not just limiting people to local stuff only. I wouldn't be able to do either, as I don't have another Switch and don't have friends nearby.

SurrealistSmeargle

Link trade and link battle... I really hope they're not just limiting people to local stuff only. I wouldn't be able to do either, as I don't have another Switch and don't have friends nearby.
I mean, it shows that the trainer is only connected locally, so the options displayed are likely only the ones that are valid for the local connection. Which, intriguingly, suggests that Surprise Trade is like a local wonder trade, which is a pretty cool concept, and especially fun for use by clubs and meet-ups. Or, alternatively, online battling and trading are also just called Link Trade/Battle in this game.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I mean, it shows that the trainer is only connected locally, so the options displayed are likely only the ones that are valid for the local connection. Which, intriguingly, suggests that Surprise Trade is like a local wonder trade, which is a pretty cool concept, and especially fun for use by clubs and meet-ups. Or, alternatively, online battling and trading are also just called Link Trade/Battle in this game.
Yea leaves a lot of people out. Not everyone takes their systems out, has friends they get to visit often, etc.. So I'm hoping that the above can be done online as well.

2dtyplosion

I know people will disagree with me but I dont think the DeX cut is really a bad thing at all. It may be because I always try to use new pokemon in a new generation, but at least when i go online to battle i might not have to battle the same teams that I have for years. I'm just happy that in 2 months well have a mainline pokemon game on a console, which hasn't happened before.

JohnLynch

EDqIqboVUAE-vry

Is that an actual screenshot? Or you poking fun. Kudos to the effort if its you being silly. WTF if that’s in the actual game!