• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Is that an actual screenshot? Or you poking fun. Kudos to the effort if its you being silly. WTF if that’s in the actual game!

Thats an actual screenshot from trailer/official site. Idk which one.

JohnLynch

Thats an actual screenshot from trailer/official site. Idk which one.
Wow... that’s,... wow.

I’m actually speechless.

Link trade and link battle... I really hope they're not just limiting people to local stuff only. I wouldn't be able to do either, as I don't have another Switch and don't have friends
Right there with you :(

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Is that an actual screenshot? Or you poking fun. Kudos to the effort if its you being silly. WTF if that’s in the actual game!

What's wrong with it?

"I made a scrummy meal with my Pokemon. Fancy a curry?" Oh gosh I really hope they don't go too far with the british lingo, that'll drive me a little crazy personally. Like british tv shows, I can only listen to that accent for a little bit.

I wouldn't have known that that was exclusively British slang had no one mentioned it, that's just how people talk. How about you don't be a git?

Last edited:

JohnLynch

What's wrong with it?
It looks like something they put together to get the GUI elements right, and then forgot to put the real art assets in.

Or to put another way: it looks like they sourced the art team from the local infants school.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Cue all the people who go ga ga over it too. I also think my niece does great drawings too. I just didn’t realise she freelanced for Game Freak.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It appears that the Y-Comm is local only and the wi-fi battles are done elsewhere.
Pokemon Home, I bet. Pay more money for options that should be a part of the game in the first place.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Servers cost money, yo.
Psst, I'm aware of that. But nickling and diming players isn't going to look good on them either. Everyone has a point where they're not willing to pay for a service and are fine doing without. For Home, past $10 a year is where I draw the line.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What's wrong with it? I wouldn't have known that that was exclusively British slang had no one mentioned, that's just how people talk.

How about you don't be a git?
sounds like british lingo lol no idea what that means but just my opinion and thankfully theres no actual talking in pokemon that you can hear so its only minor

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
It looks like something they put together to get the GUI elements right, and then forgot to put the real art assets in.

Or to put another way: it looks like they sourced the art team from the local infants school.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Cue all the people who go ga ga over it too. I also think my niece does great drawings too. I just didn’t realise she freelanced for Game Freak.

Insulting the artists, very mature.

JohnLynch

No insult. The rest of the game demonstrates they can do better, they just chose not to....

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

This has been something I noticed through other screenshots like the ones in battle. Lots of areas for text and icons just have a white background to them and nothing else, and many icons look very simplistic. I’m pretty sure there was more detail in past games, at least in Gen 7. It’s a minor thing, but I think they could’ve done more to them.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher

SwSh GUI is lackluster to say the least, we saw it on the battle menus before. They go beyond simple, and end up being just the bare minimum.

JohnLynch

SwSh GUI is lackluster to say the least, we saw it on the battle menus before. They go beyond simple, and end up being just the bare minimum.
Sounds about right for GF

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
BBND is becoming as annoying as SOVA was, and will likely be as unsuccessful.

Yay anime hair! Aw our Pokemon can bond now, now it feels more like we're building a team. Also...sausages?! Um what Pokemon do we get the meat from?

Spoink

well they can breed with each other but least now the Pokemon can wine and dine each other first.

so it's more coffeemeetsbagel than Tinder this time

fewer

Find it rousing, don't find it rousing, whatever,

but definitely don't find it arousing!

It looks sleek and *clean* to me, and quite frankly I love it. I like this minimalistic approach.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Gotta be real here. Y-comm is already an underwhelming feature by not catering much to non-battling or trading activities. But if it really is local only, then online is the new worst thing about these games. And perhaps one of the worst things in mainline Pokemon games ever.

Ayla will be camping in the wild area all by her lonesome. And she won't get to see the avatars of many other players running around. :(

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Enough of the arguing and the insults. Back to General discussion. This is a general warning. Thank you.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
It appears that the Y-Comm is local only and the wi-fi battles are done elsewhere.

Pokemon Home, I bet. Pay more money for options that should be a part of the game in the first place.
Except it says "+ Connect to the Internet" right at the bottom. You'll be able to battle and trade online and local. Since there is no GTS link/button in the Y-Comm menu, I'm guessing there is still something else for online connectivity somewhere else in the menus

Also,
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1169623679912861697?s=20
Surprise Trades can be completed in the background while you return to the game