• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Red and Blue

So it's an evolution not a Galarian form?

Cause it feels so much like a regional variant due to the fact that it dropped Normal and Flying entirely

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So it's an evolution not a Galarian form?

Cause it feels so much like a regional variant due to the fact that it dropped Normal and Flying entirely

I think the better question is whether other future Regional Evolutions that evolve from Regular Forms will be similar to their original forms. Obstagoon evolves from Galarian Linoone so it is fairly distinct, but this one evolves from regular Farfetch'd as far as we can tell.

In this case, it makes sense for Sirfetch'd to be not too distinct from Farfetch'd, as it is meant to be a throwback to original cross-gen evolutions such as Scizor, Steelix etc. as it is based on Madame, the scrapped Gen 2 evo for Farfetch'd, but other future Regional Evos should be like the modern cross-gen evos (well, better ones like Gliscor, not bad ones like Electivire and Magmortar) because they will be from a different age.

ShadowForce720

You know with it seeming like a normal Farfetch'd can evolve into a Sirfetch'd that means that even though we've seen a normal Qwilfish that it's still possible that Qwilfish could get an evolution in this generation. Also if Dunsparce does get an evolution this generation it's now pretty much up in the air as to if it will just get an evolution or if it will get both a Galarian form and an evolution.

Also I do wonder if some past gen pokemon are going to get pre-evolutions, like maybe even though we've seen a normal Lapras maybe it could still get a pre-evolution.

Kingudora

My favourite
I still find it a bit strange that they haven't shown Farfetch'd so far. Like, Game Freak could have easily shown a Farfetch'd evolving into Sirfetch'd in the trailer to establish their connection, but they didn't.

While I now have started to doubt that there is a Galarian Farfetch'd, I can't help but feel like this was a deliberate move by Game Freak. This, alongside not revealing Impidimp or give any details on the Cramorant fish, shows that Game Freak do not want show their full hand and are omitting details from new reveals for the sake of speculation.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yeah, I wish Sirfetch'd was more visually distinct from Farfetch'd. What if it had a longer neck, perhaps?

Right now, if you removed the leek and the lance + shield from them, they would have pretty much identical silhouettes next to each other.
Im not saying its design is not good and I underatand its considered a new Pokemon. But yes,for a reveal that is probably the last one of the month and that contains only ONE Pokemon that looks very similiar to his pre evo doesnt make me that excited.
Perhaps October news will be better

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Lol well it'll be quite awhile before I get the other version. And it also depends on Home's cost. I'd need it to trade as I don't have a second Switch.

For gathering version exclusives you don't really need 2 switches, just each version. You put up an easy pokemon from the early routes on GTS asking for the pokemon you want, then switch games, look up the trade in the GTS and there you go, you now have the pokemon you wanted in the other game aswell :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
For gathering version exclusives you don't really need 2 switches, just each version. You put up an easy pokemon from the early routes on GTS asking for the pokemon you want, then switch games, look up the trade in the GTS and there you go, you now have the pokemon you wanted in the other game aswell :)
Yea if some one doesn't trade first lol. No way I'd put up legendaries there. It's why I'd use Home if it's affordable. Takes out that risk.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Don’t know if this has been said but I’m not going back through the pages lol:

The website mentions a famous painting features Sirfetch’d fighting Escavilier. Funnily enough in my English class atm we’re going over medieval times art and one of the most famous is a picture of a knight fighting a snail

I got to give GF credit for the nod

Last edited:

DMB1985

Maybe it's because I loved the canned evolution of Farfetch'd so much that I'm disappointed but Sirfetch'd really doesn't do it for me. Madaamu looked elegant and deadly whilst Sirfetch'd is just a white Farfetch'd with a shield and a bigger leek. It's really uninspiring. I'm also disappointed that it's lost it's Flying type given that there's an abundance of pure Fighting Types but only one Fighting/Flying type.

As for reveals, I won't be surprised if we start to see more reveals in this manner over the coming weeks. We're approaching the key stage for marketing these games no so it would make sense for Game Freak to start increasing the frequency of reveals.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Yea if some one doesn't trade first lol. No way I'd put up legendaries there. It's why I'd use Home if it's affordable. Takes out that risk.

No that's why you put up the trash pokemon asking for the good pokemon. You put up , say, a caterpie asking for one of the starters or a legendary. Then switch the the other version where you have it and trade it over. If someone else grabbed it in the meantime you got the pokemon you wanted and lost a silly little caterpie (or otehr early route mon)

Basically, you have a pokemo you want to trade from X to Y, you put up a throwaway pokemon on GTS on Y askinfg for the pokemon you want from X. Then switch to X and look up the trade. You lose nothing of value if someone does end up taking the trade.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ah I see what you mean there.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Maybe it's because I loved the canned evolution of Farfetch'd so much that I'm disappointed but Sirfetch'd really doesn't do it for me. Madaamu looked elegant and deadly whilst Sirfetch'd is just a white Farfetch'd with a shield and a bigger leek. It's really uninspiring. I'm also disappointed that it's lost it's Flying type given that there's an abundance of pure Fighting Types but only one Fighting/Flying type.

I agree. They should have made Madame the sword exclusive.

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Another idea for a counterpart to Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd would be to have the version exclusive for Pokemon Shield be a Dunsparce and it's evolution.

Someone mentioned a while back of a Dragon Dunsparce, so Sirfetch'd would be a knight to fight the dragon.

I love that idea, and it make sense, since Dunsparce is dragon-like and has very low base stats so it could use an evo.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
No that's why you put up the trash pokemon asking for the good pokemon. You put up , say, a caterpie asking for one of the starters or a legendary. Then switch the the other version where you have it and trade it over. If someone else grabbed it in the meantime you got the pokemon you wanted and lost a silly little caterpie (or otehr early route mon)

Basically, you have a pokemo you want to trade from X to Y, you put up a throwaway pokemon on GTS on Y askinfg for the pokemon you want from X. Then switch to X and look up the trade. You lose nothing of value if someone does end up taking the trade.
We don't know yet if this will work on the Switch though, for all we know they could block GTS trades between games using the same NSO account as an incentive to get people to get separate subscriptions for each game, I think I've read that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee do this too.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
We don't know yet if this will work on the Switch though, for all we know they could block GTS trades between games using the same NSO account as an incentive to get people to get separate subscriptions for each game, I think I've read that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee do this too.

I really doubt they would do this.

Also IIRC the Let’s Go games didn’t have the GTS.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I mean the symbol trade thingy from Let's Go didn't match up games using the same NSO account, at least that's how I understood it. You never know. A year ago I never thought they'd ditch two-thirds of the pokémon, Z-Moves, mega evolutions, and Battle Royals all in the same game, I expected them to only ditch Battle Royals. As far as I can tell GTS (or an equivalent) hasn't even been confirmed yet for Sword and Shield, only Link trade and Wonder trade.

Orphalesion

I agree that Madame looked quite a bit more interesting than Sirfetch'd (who, again, looks like a variant, not an evo) and I wish they would have given Sirfetch'd Madame's overall bodyshape. And yeah I would have preferred Fighting/Flying as well.If I'm not mistaken Sirfetch'd would only have been the second Pokemon of that typing.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I mean the symbol trade thingy from Let's Go didn't match up games using the same NSO account, at least that's how I understood it. You never know. A year ago I never thought they'd ditch two-thirds of the pokémon, Z-Moves, mega evolutions, and Battle Royals all in the same game, I expected them to only ditch Battle Royals. As far as I can tell GTS (or an equivalent) hasn't even been confirmed yet for Sword and Shield, only Link trade and Wonder trade.

I fail to see how the removal of Z-Moves, Megas, etc. correlate with them prohibiting games under the same NSO account trading with one another. And to my knowledge, the reason there’s no way to trade with another Let’s Go game under the same NSO account is because up until recently, Nintendo Accounts could only be logged into one Switch system.

However, it is true that the GTS hasn’t been confirmed for Sword and Shield yet.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
A minor question, but I couldn't find the unedited Japanese trailer for Sirfetch'd. Can someone give me link? I need it for archive.