• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
In this review from Gameinformer. They played the first 90 minutes of the game.

This review makes the games sound awesome, of course that's just their opinion but still.

All the negativity can distract you from how amazing the games actually seem, but this reminded me of the optimism I had for the game before we found out about dexit.

Marzbar

Okay the problem I have with the Gameinformer review is the opening line:

“Pokémon Sword and Shield have looked impressive every step of the way”

Which is just plain not true for the people that have been paying attention. It’s almost like Gamefreak wrote this review for them. That’s probably not the case. But come one, not a single negative observation in the entire article? Comes across as bias.

And then the review shows a photo of the Wild Area with an Onix. You can clearly see the textures on the plain trees and on the berry trees are still as terrible as they were when the textures controversy first began. Which is a concern. I hope it’s an old photo??

But nonetheless, I’m starting to get excited about the games.

TrainerFuurin

If the character customization is more vast than other games in the series, then you'll be able to create your trainer to look like any of the past player characters and even characters from other anime! We'll soon know!
I can't wait to see my character in green hair! All of the past games didn't have these colors >3<

RedR

Which is just plain not true for the people that have been paying attention. It’s almost like Gamefreak wrote this review for them. That’s probably not the case. But come one, not a single negative observation in the entire article? Comes across as bias.

And then the review shows a photo of the Wild Area with an Onix. You can clearly see the textures on the plain trees and on the berry trees are still as terrible as they were when the textures controversy first began. Which is a concern. I hope it’s an old photo??

Remember: many reviewers are trying to stay in good with game development companies so that they can potentially get a job at a game development company. That's fine for them to pursue that, but you need to keep that in mind when you read reviews from certain media outlets.

That's why I'm glad we live in a post YouTube world where both "professionals" and "independents" can give their opinions, and we can enjoy them no matter what perspective they come from! :)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Fire Emblem Three Houses has worse textures and is still great. Presentation is important I agree but I wouldn't let graphics or let alone a few trees severely impact anything!

Marzbar

I just watched the IGN review video and yeah there’s definitely glaring issues with the Wild Area, which I’m hoping will be outnumbered by all the good features.

- textures still poor, and not just the trees. Also noticeable in the cooking scenes
- Gyarados swimming through the water and not making any ripples
- very short draw distance with Xatu and other Pokémon popping up out of nowhere

I know we can’t expect much from a Pokémon game graphically. But having seen what the Switch is capable of.... you can’t help but be a little underwhelmed with it (in terms of graphics)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Considering Eeveelutions typically skip a generation (barring Kanto-Johto) I’m expecting an Eevee evolution and it’s pretty much confirmed Eevee and it’s evolutions are in the dex

Marzbar

Okay the Eurogamer review has sold me on the games and put my fears to rest. The review definitely states GF have kept most of the Galar region secret and there’s lots of new pokemon.

So I’m going to quit being negative and just enjoy the games for what they are. (And pray there’s an awesome bug/ice Pokémon)

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
All these reviews of the 90min trailer barging in out of the blue got me more hyped than anything from what we've gotten so far. The secrecy that we were all scared about was a legit thing happening and was confirmed INTENTIONAL. Yet what it did confirm it seems is that this secrecy did NOT mean they were lacking content entirely.
And the fact that they can't SAY what they encountered outside what we already know while also saying they've meet many NEW Pokemon on the routes and so on?

AUGH
NOVEMBER COME ON ALREADY!

Oh the fact that one couldn't get Sobble to evo 1 was a rub of salt in the wounds. If only! XD