• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

DSDark

Breeder
So how come Solrock and Lunatone were not in Sun and Moon?

If anything, Lycanroc may be a casualty. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon already gave it more spotlight through a third evolution.

Yeah I could see Lycanroc not making the cut. It had a lot of love last gen. However I don't know what will and what will not make the cut

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://forums.serebii.net/threads/regional-dex-speculation-thread.663054/#post-18707510
Current returning Pokémon amount is 262, 254 untouched species, 5 regional forms(plus Koffing), 1 Mew and 1 Dhelmise, which hasn't been shown in an official trailer but has been showcased in the previews.

Since there is about 41 confirmed Pokémon (about 20 confirmed species and their confirmed evolutionary lines due to Gigantamax app leak), the regional dex has now exceeded the 300 limit.

It is still unlikely that we will see above 350 Pokémon for the time being, though, unless the game is datamined already and there is something I don't know yet.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Lycanroc is my second favorite Pokémon (Charizard and Pikachu are tied for first, I know I’m basic lol) so I’ll be upset if it’s gone. That said, Melmetal isn’t even in my top 10 favorites and I’ll be more upset about losing that then anything. I’ve been really looking forward to using one. And I think it’s be dumb to have a Pokémon out for only 1 year

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It is still unlikely that we will see above 350 Pokémon for the time being, though, unless the game is datamined already and there is something I don't know yet.

What are you basing this prediction off of, out of curiosity?

DSDark

Breeder
https://forums.serebii.net/threads/regional-dex-speculation-thread.663054/#post-18707510
Current returning Pokémon amount is 262, 254 untouched species, 5 regional forms(plus Koffing), 1 Mew and 1 Dhelmise, which hasn't been shown in an official trailer but has been showcased in the previews.

Since there is about 41 confirmed Pokémon (about 20 confirmed species and their confirmed evolutionary lines due to Gigantamax app leak), the regional dex has now exceeded the 300 limit.

I could see 350+ with new pokemon and galar forms included. No there isn't a datamine yet. However again we could get 500+ pokemon, we just don't know at this point.

Lycanroc is my second favorite Pokémon (Charizard and Pikachu are tied for first, I know I’m basic lol) so I’ll be upset if it’s gone. That said, Melmetal isn’t even in my top 10 favorites and I’ll be more upset about losing that then anything. I’ve been really looking forward to using one. And I think it’s be dumb to have a Pokémon out for only 1 year

Melmetal has not been confirmed in or out so again thinking one way or the other at this point isn't helpful.

Kingudora

My favourite
Yeah, I'm hoping that Melmetal is in the Galar dex. I didn't feel like getting LGPE and transferring Meltan from Pokémon GO, but I still would like to try to use it.

Also, neither Meltan or Melmetal have had access to their abilities yet, so I'm also hoping that they are in for that reason as well.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
So delighted there is no connection between Go and SwSh! I like Pokemon Go for what it is, but I don't want to have to play it to get otherwise unobtainable Pokemon, or forms or anything else...

Creyk

From the way you guys posted on the past 2 pages, I was under the impression the game already started leaking and I had a mini heart attack :D

sketchersmeargle

From a new interview with ohmori.

Some interesting points:

Y-Comm shows your position in the game as well to other players.
Game content is similar to past games. Will have lots of re-playability.
More content for long-term players past the main story.
Development took 3 years.
There is no strict canon timeline for these games. The series expands by regions not time.
They can't confirm if Meltan is in, if there is a sinister gym, if gyms rotate.
No communication between SwSh and Go
No plans for another Let's Go
Sirfetch'd was no inspired by its cancelled evolution from the GS Beta.

Kingudora

My favourite

Some interesting points:

There is no strict canon timeline for these games. The series expands by regions not time.
Where is the interview from? Kinda curious what questions Ohmori got asked.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The fact that there is no communication with GO makes it less likely that Meltan/Melmetal made the cut. If they did now they would have to give Meltan a new evolutionary method like they did for Feebas in BW.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Happy that there's no connection between Go and these games. Let's Go had big issues with that (both with trading and transferring Pokemon from Go to the game itself).

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Some interesting points:

No “current” plans. All it means that it’s not in mind at the moment, especially when Sword & Shield are less than a month away.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I'm so happy that Shuckle, the Seedot line, Remoraid/Octillery, Munna/Musharna, Skorupi/Drapion, and Pawniard/Bisharp made the cut! :D I love those Pokemon.