• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Then you use home to move things along. There will always be a method to use. As for trade evolutions there's reddit and the these forums
Yeah right, as if I'd trust strangers on these forums for my trade evolutions when half of the people on the trade forums here are clearly offering illegitimate junk. My experience with trading on these forums is abysmal. And Home presumable doesn't transfer items along, just like Bank doesn't do that unlike the GTS.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I mean, did you really expect it?

Cloning was such an issue prior to Gen 6, Game Freak would've been a fool to allow cloud saves with Pokémon.
Should I have bolded the first part to be more clear?

Regardless, I'm open for alternatives in HOME to save important bits of my data. It basically locks you to your Switch and complicates the process of buying a new device if you are only a Pokémon-oriented console player.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Hace they announced already how much Pokemon Home will be? Or anything at all about the app aside from it to be Pokemon Bank version 0.2?

Satoshi & Touko

Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland
Preloading for NA is supposed to be up now ( There was a reddit post that I can't link at this time and according to gonintendo). I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work :)
I'm already on it. Currently at 90% downloaded as of typing this.

EEEEEEEE! :D

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hace they announced already how much Pokemon Home will be? Or anything at all about the app aside from it to be Pokemon Bank version 0.2?
Nope. Just hoping it's not higher than $10 (my price limit). I already pay $5 for Bank and $20 for NSO.

DSDark

Breeder
Yeah right, as if I'd trust strangers on these forums for my trade evolutions when half of the people on the trade forums here are clearly offering illegitimate junk. My experience with trading on these forums is abysmal. And Home presumable doesn't transfer items along, just like Bank doesn't do that unlike the GTS.
I've always had great experience with trading at least through serebii.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'll never get the point of preloading. It is not like digital can run out of copies. Like I can get doing it of the Day but weeks in advance always felt weird to me. IDK I mean it is cool to see how close we are. Literally two weeks away.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've always had great experience with trading at least through serebii.
I've mostly had terrible experiences. People not showing up when agreed, friend codes not connecting (I guess that's a 3DS issue and not a Serebii issue), people showing up with hacked pokémon, having to wait weeks for people to have a time for trading, not getting offers at all... bad experiences far outnumber the good ones. Either you were really lucky or you've barely ever attempted trading here.

Mewizard

I'll never get the point of preloading. It is not like digital can run out of copies. Like I can get doing it of the Day but weeks in advance always felt weird to me. IDK I mean it is cool to see how close we are. Literally two weeks away.
It's so it's there to play without having to wait for it to go up then buy it and download. It's more of a convenience thing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping it's tied in directly to Switch Online.
I hope it doesn't require Switch Online to use.
Cause I'm in a race to get the trade evolutions before my membership expires some point early December. And I don't intend on renewing it

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I hope it doesn't require Switch Online to use.
Cause I'm in a race to get the trade evolutions before my membership expires some point early December. And I don't intend on renewing it
I hope it doesn't either, but I wouldn't doubt it would be though.

Cradily17

I'm not even going to bother trying to "catch'em all" anymore. With the additional fees from Nintendo Switch Online and Pokemon Home, as well as no longer being able to transfer every Pokemon to each game, it's no longer worth it to me.

I'm hoping it's tied in directly to Switch Online.
I honestly doubt it will be. That would mean less profit.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I'm not even going to bother trying to "catch'em all" anymore. With the additional fees from Nintendo Switch Online and Pokemon Home, as well as no longer being able to transfer every Pokemon to each game, it's no longer worth it to me.

I honestly doubt it will be. That would mean less profit.
I don't usually try to catch them all either. If I do, it's an extra, if I don't, it's not a big deal.