• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Has anyone figured out how Ball Inheritance works in SwSh? Really hoping I can get the starters in anything other than a PokeBall. Also how early can we access the IV Checker?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh I know. But I'm figuring these might be related to hackers trying to hack the game.

That's possible but usually every game has at least a couple of bugs at launch.

Tyler Angel

Well would you look at that a feature that serves the exact same purpose as the GTS :rolleyes: the sky didn’t fall after all
Isnt it like wish trading or something?
Pokemon announced this a while ago, GTS-esque, but you dont choose what you get back I think.

EDIT:Surprise Trading, aparently. Doesnt specify if you select what you want in return or not.. i guess we'll see.

DSDark

Breeder
Pokemon announced this a while ago, GTS-esque, but you dont choose what you get back I think.

EDIT:Surprise Trading, aparently. Doesnt specify if you select what you want in return or not.. i guess we'll see.

It seems like you do choose what you get back

Arcanineblitz

Y-Comm

- in previous games, the Global Trading System allowed trainers to trade Pokemon online
- the GTS is not in Sword and Shield, but a new feature called Y-Comm serves the same purpose
- Y-Comm is available from the start of the game
- Y-Comm allows you to initiate a link trade, send battle requests, and perform a “Surprise Trade”

Noy

Y-Comm

- in previous games, the Global Trading System allowed trainers to trade Pokemon online
- the GTS is not in Sword and Shield, but a new feature called Y-Comm serves the same purpose
- Y-Comm allows you to initiate a link trade, send battle requests, and perform a “Surprise Trade”

That's what I thought, why were people claiming it'll be locked behind Home?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Y-Comm

So... where's the GTS replacement in that description?

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Y-Comm

None of those things you've just mentioned are the GTS in function. Link trade is the LGPE-styled trade with a code, surprise trade is Wonder Trade with a new name.

Edit: Also, if the Y-Comm can be compared to anything, it's the PSS from X/Y.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So has it been confirmed whether or not we can gigantimax before the end of the game??

Noy

None of those things you've just mentioned are the GTS in function. Link trade is the LGPE-styled trade with a code, surprise trade is Wonder Trade with a new name.

Edit: Also, if the Y-Comm can be compared to anything, it's the PSS from X/Y.
Does anyone have a list of what features constitute GTS? I'm not entirely sure what people are complaining about.

DannyDark

Does anyone have a list of what features constitute GTS? I'm not entirely sure what people are complaining about.

So the GTS is you put a Pokemon up for trade, and request something in return. There's no communication between traders and so there's nothing to organise, someone who is looking for the Pokemon you put up can find it and then offer what they wanted, the trade will then be complete and you'll receive the Pokemon. This all happened in the background, also. You would receive the Pokemon once you opened the GTS again.

So the Surprise Trade we got is basically Wonder Trade.

And then I didn't play LGPE so have no idea regarding the coded trade? Some have mentioned? But having to ask people in-game to trade without communication features is very far from the painless task of the GTS.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You put up a pokémon, and you request a specific pokémon in return that anyone in the world can see and trade with you. Surprise trade is just Wonder Trade, you don't have any control over what you get in return so 9 out of 10 times you get a level 2 Rattata or Magikarp. And Link trade is simultaneous trading with a specific individual you met elsewhere