• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I've played a decent amount of the game now and my thoughts on it are

Pros

It’s great to see Pokemon running around again

Every Pokemon I have run into so far has had a good to great design, I always had a hard time choosing my party in a good way

The graphics are the best they have ever been in a Pokemon game (Facial animations are particularly good)

The tutorial is short finally!

It's the uk, I live in the uk so I'm a bit biased but I mean come on it's the uk

The curry dex is great for pokedex enthusiasts like myself

The wild area is absolutely great and expands the game immensely a much needed feature

The starting area is probably the best starting area of any game it gets you pretty interested in the story pretty quickly

Xp candy is very useful when trying to level up a new addition to the team

Cons (prepare for the nitpicking)

The dynamax ring looks a bit too much like the z ring

The routes are very linear

playing with your Pokemon seems to me like a tad downgrade

The dialogue is often quite slow

Voice acting would make it so much better

The wild area graphics could be better

Dynamaxing seems like a very shallow feature

Some areas feel a tad empty they could do with some more people

Other thoughts

Hop is what Hau should have been

I don’t like Leon he seems a tad full of himself

Overall it’s a great game that I can’t wait to playing more of

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I haven't been here for the datamine discussion, so:
**It doesn't seem like there has been any moves that have been updated.
**Only stat update has been Aegislash it seems, which is a nerf.
**There are no old Pokémon with new Abilities.
**Most of the moveset changes seem to occur due to lesser amount of available moves, even though everything exists within the datamine from the previous gen, as expected. I'll dig them deeper later.
**There are no new Mythicals, which suggests we will have a new main-line game next year.
**There is one new type combination that I didn't saw, which is Ice/Fire. VERY good. That leaves 18 type combos, meaning unused type combos will still likely end by Gen 12.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I can't find anyone to do Raids with me. Guess there aren't that many people with the game yet.

Dunno, but here is 2pm and it looks like much later in the game.
In the wild area? I was talking about towns and normal routes

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
**Most of the moveset changes seem to occur due to lesser amount of available moves, even though everything exists within the datamine from the previous gen, as expected. I'll dig them deeper later.
Toxic mostly lost spread it looks like, losing its TM status. Aside from transfer it'll be limited to mostly poison types through level and breeding. On the other hand, some pokémon did get new moves. Solrock and Lunatone both got Baton Pass, which was exclusive to XD before, and they also got Morning Sun and Moonlight respectively, which was exclusive to the Dream World. Blastoise got Shell Smash, Incineroar got Parting Shot, Venusaur got Weather Ball, Clefable and Bellossom got Baton Pass, Hydreigon and Mewtwo got Nasty Plot...

Xuxuba

In the wild area? I was talking about towns and normal routes
No, it was back when i was battling Hau in the Professor's house. It looked like the sun was setting even though it was still early where i live.

It was really weird.

Now i am on the Wild area and the sky looks cloudy.

Xuxuba

Is the raids function disabled for the time being?

Because i have been trying for ages now and nothing. Not even a single player...

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I can't find anyone to do Raids with me. Guess there aren't that many people with the game yet.

It’s only out in a few territories, so that makes sense. In Tokyo it’s only 3:30 AM, so it could be a while before Japan wakes up and more people start playing. About ten and a half hours before the first American players will be able to play legitimately, too.

Xuxuba

It’s only out in a few territories, so that makes sense. In Tokyo it’s only 3:30 AM, so it could be a while before Japan wakes up and more people start playing. About ten and a half hours before the first American players will be able to play legitimately, too.
I guess i was expecting more people to change to the Australian eshop.

Either way, i ended up using the npcs for the Raid battle and in the middle of the battle the Dynamax pokémon tried to use Teleport lmao

It also tried to nulify stats change even tho no one raised their stats lol

Got some candies, a TR and a berry.

Last edited:

DannyDark

I think the day/night cycle is restricted only to the Wild Area.

So is it always kinda afternoon-ish looking on regular routes?
I wonder if it was so they didn't need as many encounters on normal routes?

I guess i was expecting more people to change to the Australian eshop.

Either way, i ended up using the npcs for the Raid battle and in the middle of the battle the Dynamax pokémon tried to use Teleport lmao

It also tried to nulify stats change even tho no one raised their stats lol

Got some candies, a TR and a berry.

Please tell me it was an easiest difficulty Raid.. hopefully the AI gets a bit better with difficulty.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
There is not day night cycle? Its night in my country but in the game its not dark
I saw a screenshot of the first town at night, so unless that was fake (didn't look fake tho) I am pretty certain Night time is still a feature. Have you tried checking the time set up in your Switch?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I saw a screenshot of the first town at night, so unless that was fake (didn't look fake tho) I am pretty certain Night time is still a feature. Have you tried checking the time set up in your Switch?
Yes, its night in my switch time