• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Bus

Ya, ORAS had it, its rare, but usually can be chained.
Interesting. I remember ORAS having it, but nothing was mentioned so far about this. If I remember right, they immediately introduced you to that possibility in ORAS by having you fight a Poochyena right away with an elemental Fang. They never mentioend anything here; it just happened. Unless I'm too early to have learned about it yet.

This might be our shiny hunting gimmick for this gen.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Unless I didnt notice, mine was pure black. I'm not too far from home (started like 20 min ago) so I can double back and check.

EDIT: Yep; pure black joy cons. I don't actually own anything other than the base, pure black joycons. Either its a coincidence or its just registering the last joycons that were docked to my Switch.

All right, thanks. No big rush. It's a tiny detail not everyone is expected to notice. It caught my attention because these Joy-Cons are bright and vibrant and stood out in the room. I'll likely verify it myself further later, since I use three sets of Joy-Cons--that set, the red-and-blue set it came with, and the neon yellow ARMS set. I'll switch (no pun intended) to the yellow ones later, since the red one that came with the Switch is having issues with an expanding battery (as is all too common when the manufacturer cheaps out on lithium batteries, sadly).

Out of curiosity, which version and which gender are you playing? I'm playing Sword as the girl and I had an Eevee plush.

I'm playing as the boy. Didn't even consider that the plush could be different based on gender.

sketchersmeargle

Interesting. I remember ORAS having it, but nothing was mentioned so far about this. If I remember right, they immediately introduced you to that possibility in ORAS by having you fight a Poochyena right away with an elemental Fang. They never mentioend anything here; it just happened. Unless I'm too early to have learned about it yet.

This might be our shiny hunting gimmick for this gen.

Think its just a norm thing now.

As for shiny hunting, datamining found that to increase shiny chances you literally just have to keep encountering the same pokemon in a row. It was like 500 encoutners increases a shiny to 15% encounter rate.

Bus

Think its just a norm thing now.

As for shiny hunting, datamining found that to increase shiny chances you literally just have to keep encountering the same pokemon in a row. It was like 500 encoutners increases a shiny to 15% encounter rate.
Good to know. I dont plan on shiny hunting anything just yet, but its nice to know of the method.

Marzbar

I have enjoyed the game so far, despite all the negative things I’ve said about it this year. I’ve played 6 hours and only on route 3 and yet to reach the first gym leader hahaha. I’ve spent most of my time exploring the Wild Area, catching random stuff, doing Dynamax battles, designing my outfit and perfecting my trainer card!

My current team:

Trevelyan (Drizzile) level 22 (007 Goldeneye tribute)
Starship (Dottler) level 23 (alien bug Starship Troopers tribute)
Shade (G-Linoone) level 20 (black and white are shades)
Death Petal (Roselia) level 23

I realize I’m over-leveled. It’s hard not to be. Even the bloody curry gives you Exp. The game is fun and looks pretty. I like all the TMs and TRs. Glowing powerful Pokémon are cool. Still not happy about Dexit, move cuts, subpar graphics in the Wild Area, the easiness of the game so far, and the lack of buffs for older pokemon. Also, shiny Pokémon should be shiny in the overworld. But the game is still an enjoyable experience so far.

Bus

I didnt notice it before, but I guess those with an egg move have an aura around them in the wild. I just saw a Nickit and after battling it, got some W (whatever that is) which happened after that Rookidee from early too.

sketchersmeargle

I didnt notice it before, but I guess those with an egg move have an aura around them in the wild. I just saw a Nickit and after battling it, got some W (whatever that is) which happened after that Rookidee from early too.

Watts is a currency earned in the wild area, you can use it to buy specific items

Bus

Anyone else being overconfident and trying to take down level 40 Pokémon that are walking around in the Wild Area, just for the challenge? :p
I will when I get there lol

sketchersmeargle

Is it true you have to turn off auto save right away or it can wipe your sd card??

Seems its happening to mostly hacked consoles and downloaded virtual copies of the games. But there are reports as well that the game crashes when you turn it off and then crashes all other games as well.

However people with physical copies have reported the game has bricked their systems.

But much less then the above. Its russian roulette, though physical seems to be safer.

26mick10

Shiny hunter
Hey i was wondering if anyone had a jpn or any other foreign dittos for trade pm if you do

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don’t like Leon as a character but I’m actually surprised they’ve haven’t gone with an egotistic champion since most of them have been humble pretty much.