• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Do you have a source for this? I would be very curious on how much friendship leads to how much affection.
I just went off the Sylveon page on Serebii and nothing else. It's just updated to say 50 friendship which you can easily check. Idk how to check it affection-wise (I don't think there's a way to).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont like the fact that we dont have an elite 4, dissapointing. Whats the point in facing the gym leaders again? Thats lazy in my opinion

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just went off the Sylveon page on Serebii and nothing else. It's just updated to say 50 friendship which you can easily check. Idk how to check it affection-wise (I don't think there's a way to).
In that case, Serebii could have the information wrong.

1. I was able to get Espeon and Sylveon at the same level while feeding candies. Which one it would evolve to would depend on if it knew a fairy move.
2. My Umbreon has no Affection benefits despite having high friendship.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I dont like the fact that we dont have an elite 4, dissapointing. Whats the point in facing the gym leaders again? Thats lazy in my opinion
Because it makes it more interesting than having 4 random people show up at the end of the game who are just magically strong.
-----------------
It kinda ticks me off that Zacian gets to be immune to Eternatus' move that does extra damage to Dynamaxed targets, actually both its STABs entirely, while Zamazenta can only ignore the Poison moves. They should've either made the move Poison type so both legends were immune, or given it the ability to hit Fairy type Pokemon.

TheWanderingMist

Hey! Is Yungoos available in game? The Giant's Cap PokéEarth page said that it appears in the overworld but it doesn't.
It's not in the game. Probably someone copy pasted something incorrectly.

Paige712

So since Swsh development started around 2016 during Sun and Moon and they also likely had USUM and Lets Go plus Town Hero in development too is it likely they've already started work on the next titles (DP remakes assuming) if they still plan on doing a yearly release schedule. If so I assume since they have the assets from Swsh and the original DP games then remaking them should take a shorter development time then Swsh did.

Curious how this works. Any insight?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So since Swsh development started around 2016 during Sun and Moon and they also likely had USUM and Lets Go plus Town Hero in development too is it likely they've already started work on the next titles (DP remakes assuming) if they still plan on doing a yearly release schedule. If so I assume since they have the assets from Swsh and the original DP games then remaking them should take a shorter development time then Swsh did.

In DP remakes, I can see them re-designing the region to include a Wild Area which I can see happening in the ridiculously long routes that have no Gym, specifically the large mass of area surrounded by Hearthrome City, Solacean Town, Veilstone City and Pastoria Town, maybe extend it to Snowpoint City even.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

Remains to be seen how much they could carry over from Sword and Shield to any potential Sinnoh remakes. They'd still have to build the entire region from the ground up in 3D, and probably also the dex (seeing as for some unknown reason they couldn't copy over assets from Let's Go either judging by a lot of Kanto pokémon being out). I'm predicting more Galar games simply because they could re-use a lot more assets from Sword and Shield for those which would save on development time, just like USUM re-used most stuff from Sun and Moon.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
In DP remakes, I can see them re-designing the region to include a Wild Area which I can see happening in the ridiculously long routes that have no Gym, specifically the large mass of area surrounded by Hearthome City, Solacean Town, Veilstone City and Pastoria Town, maybe extend it to Snowpoint City even.
I personally don't see the region be re-designed imo for the DP remakes.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
For the first time I got a Charizard Ranking when making curry, though I could only do it when cooking with other players it seems. Idk how to get it solo.

Orphalesion

Am i the only one who hated the selection of water pokémon?

There are so many water pokémon that i like and yet there isn't a single one of them in these games that i wanted on my team.

I mean, why didn't they cut the ones that are very similar? Do we really need 4 crustaceans, 3 seaguls, 3 whales and a bunch of ugly fishes?

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Gen 8 water pokemon either. And even from the old ones the only one I really like is Araquanid.

I mean Inteleon is pretty cool, but I liked Rillaboom better, so...

Also...in general. I think with some Pokemon (including some new ones and Galar forms!) being restricted to rare spawns in the Wild Area during specific weather conditions (!!) I think they should really give us a way to influence the weather in the wild area, or at least make it change more often. I want my Galarian Corsola.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Gen 8 water pokemon either. And even from the old ones the only one I really like is Araquanid.

I mean Inteleon is pretty cool, but I liked Rillaboom better, so...

Also...in general. I think with some Pokemon (including some new ones and Galar forms!) being restricted to rare spawns in the Wild Area during specific weather conditions (!!) I think they should really give us a way to influence the weather in the wild area, or at least make it change more often. I want my Galarian Corsola.
I didn't even know Corsola had a weather condition. I found one while randomly roaming the wild area because I didn't know what it was so I ran into it.
-------------
The other thing that annoys me about these games is that once again Kanto got a bunch of new things in the form of having about half of the Gigantamax Pokemon, with only 2 Pokemon that are neither Gens 1 or 8 getting one.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I didn't even know Corsola had a weather condition. I found one while randomly roaming the wild area because I didn't know what it was so I ran into it.
-------------
The other thing that annoys me about these games is that once again Kanto got a bunch of new things in the form of having about half of the Gigantamax Pokemon, with only 2 Pokemon that are neither Gens 1 or 8 getting one.
I think its alright if Kanto gets a bunch of new Pokemon as long as they feel like new Pokemon. Love Perrserker's design and moveset.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
-------------
Garbodor being the odd one out aside from

Melmetal

made me forgive this alongside a lot of Gen 8 Pokemon getting to Gigantamax. Garbodor & Gen 5 getting a spot to shine! Wonderful!

Reeeeally makes you wonder why only Diancie was given a Mega from the pool of Gen 6 Pokemon, you know the generation Megas were introduced in!