• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Does any1 have any idea what the direct will be about?
Something related to Swsh for sure, no?
Its too early to announec a new game

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A foreshadowing would never hurt anyone. Whatever we may see on that episode could literally be a glimpse of what is to come in the future. Galar is the most logical place for the event to occur after all, it isn't hard to predict.

Examples of anime to games have already been seen with Togepi, Marill, Kecleon, Munchlax, Meltan and etcetera. Just how their introduction via anime didn't change the fact they were already coded in their games, PWT might as well be coded in the potential Sword Shield sequel and we are just unaware of it yet.
You're using Pokemon examples, though. Those are more concrete than an anime-based tourney. It's best not to get people's hopes up through the anime.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
You're using Pokemon examples, though. Those are more concrete than an anime-based tourney. It's best not to get people's hopes up through the anime.

But, the tournament we're talking about isn't a random 'Whirl Islands Cup' or 'Battle Don's Tournament'. It is as established as the Battle Frontier and one of the main features of BW2. The episode, also, clearly states it is between two Champions.

I mean — I couldn't be the only one asking for PWT when Galar was announced from the start. Personally, it is a positive sign that the tournament is acknowledged and happening in Galar, which could have been used to promote the Unova episode.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Great, another direct that will be screened at the midnight hour for fans over in Japan and Australia. I am presuming the direct will be the announcement of Pokémon Home and/or Sleep and possibly the offical reveal of G-Max Melmetal or Toxtricity (if a game announcement isn’t in the cards).

Golden_Arcanine

I wonder if this upcoming Direct is related to SwSh or if it’s mainly about Home (which it most likely is)

Given the timing, it's likely mainly about HOME. Might have some more discussion about Sleep, etc. but I imagine the majority of the time is dedicated to HOME.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Wait I just realized Home means I can bring Incineroar over :0

Now I’m more excited

Trillion

if i transfer my pikachu that was caught in alola to galar and evolve it, will it evolve into a kantonian raichu or an alolan raichu?

i could just evolve it while it's still in ultra sun, but i'm asking out of curiosity

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is probably the least excited I've ever been for a Pokemon Direct ever. The "big" game has already come and gone and left much to be desired, as well as a lot of questions about just how capable and/or willing TPC is to make a quality Pokemon game, so I can't say I'm terribly excited about the future of this series (in fact I'm basically done with this series after DP remakes come out). Maybe if they announce something bold like meaningful DLC for SwSh that rectifies some of what's gone so horribly wrong with this game, but more likely they spend the Direct droning on about Pokemon Prison Home and gacha mobile garbage no one asked for. I'm probably not going to watch it, I'll just read the recap and see if there's anything good and just be on my way.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This is probably the least excited I've ever been for a Pokemon Direct ever. The "big" game has already come and gone and left much to be desired, as well as a lot of questions about just how capable and/or willing TPC is to make a quality Pokemon game, so I can't say I'm terribly excited about the future of this series (in fact I'm basically done with this series after DP remakes come out). Maybe if they announce something bold like meaningful DLC for SwSh that rectifies some of what's gone so horribly wrong with this game, but more likely they spend the Direct droning on about Pokemon Prison Home and gacha mobile garbage no one asked for. I'm probably not going to watch it, I'll just read the recap and see if there's anything good and just be on my way.
I wouldn't worry about mobile stuff being shown since they don't show that in Directs.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Last time we had an almost 20-minute Pokemon Direct was back in 2013 when they introduced Pokemon Bank.
So I really wouldn't get my hope up and lower my expectation to just HOME and SLEEP.

Although I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't say that I want a DP Remake or the definitive version of SWSH right now.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A foreshadowing would never hurt anyone. Whatever we may see on that episode could literally be a glimpse of what is to come in the future. Galar is the most logical place for the event to occur after all, it isn't hard to predict.

Examples of anime to games have already been seen with Togepi, Marill, Kecleon, Munchlax, Meltan and etcetera. Just how their introduction via anime didn't change the fact they were already coded in their games, PWT might as well be coded in the potential Sword Shield sequel and we are just unaware of it yet.

What comes to mind is Gigantamax Snorlax, which was introduced into Sword and Shield a few days before the episode featuring it is to air. People here know about it thanks to data-mining, but otherwise, we weren't really supposed to know it existed yet.

DaddyOak

I predict that the pokemon direct is about pokemon sleep pokemon home and some upcoming event pokemon aka gigantimax forms + the 35 pokemon wich can already be used when hacking the game

Heck they might make a big show out of adding those 35 pokemon in while in reality it changes little. making the dexit look good by adding 35 pokemon and making people happy with less than in prior games because they added some back in.

Also how can people think that they would introduce any new pokemon game at all definitve version of sword & shield diamon & pearl remakes. The game isnt even out for 2 months yet. why would you introduce a game that early that might kill sales.

I'm going to eat my words if they do but that's a crappy decision money wise when their game just came out. your like literally putting it out of the spotlight than.

Spinoffs are dead, no conquest no pokemon ranger no mystery dungeon it's probably the mediocre stuff listed above in this direct.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
if i transfer my pikachu that was caught in alola to galar and evolve it, will it evolve into a kantonian raichu or an alolan raichu?

i could just evolve it while it's still in ultra sun, but i'm asking out of curiosity
I'm guessing it would just be the regular Raichu because it's not in Alola any more. To be safe I'd say just evolve your Pikachu before transferring it.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I do think it's about time that we are given more info about Pokemon HOME (that's the scope of my expectations), and as previously stated, the length coincides with a direct from 2013 when Bank was announced. Though there is a small part of me that expects an official announcement for G-Max Melmetal, which I think could be a download gift for HOME when it comes out. As for Toxicitry, I could see an official announcement and maybe more info for an event for it at some point down the line.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
But, the tournament we're talking about isn't a random 'Whirl Islands Cup' or 'Battle Don's Tournament'. It is as established as the Battle Frontier and one of the main features of BW2. The episode, also, clearly states it is between two Champions.

I mean — I couldn't be the only one asking for PWT when Galar was announced from the start. Personally, it is a positive sign that the tournament is acknowledged and happening in Galar, which could have been used to promote the Unova episode.
The only reasonable explanation for ever considering that episode as things to come is if it turns out Dratini will be added to the games and it comes with a Gigantamax form.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Yeah it's time for Pokemon Home and Pokemon Sleep.

Though 20 minutes explaining both these things after an explaination about those two things in the announcement videos they played at that event seems to be a bit much and wasting a whole Pokemon Direct for only that I don't think it's only going to be about those two things.

I smell a Spin-Off. Maybe some information about Detective Pikachu 2 or maybe a new Mystery Dungeon or in a very unlikely case reveal dlc content for SwSh.