• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
So you would rather pay $60 dollars for the same game with minor differences, than $30 for new content all together without 70% of it being a direct copy? Solely because they named it dlc instead of being a "standalone"?

In general , i definately agree dlc sux. But if it's either one of the above, i'd rather take new stuff at half the price than recycled content for full price.
yup. I would rather pay sixty for 'same game with minor differences.

NeoDude-5000

Take my money Game Freak! I wanted Game Freak to do DLC for Sword and Shield since I thought these games would be a good starting point to do it. Also I do remember Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being criticised for being 'DLC' for Sun and Moon, so doing actual DLC instead of enhanced versions is the right call.

Also let's take a moment to say R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl remakes (maybe)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I feel robbed honestly. You pay 60 dollars for a game that is executed half and then you should have to pay 30 dollars extra for a dlc that should have been the shield and sword game in the first place.

Whats up with the villan outfits btw?
So much this. $15 I can see, but $30 equals hard pass from me. $20 is where I draw the line dlc price wise.

Anyone know the price for Pokemon Home?

@Hunter Zolomon

Saw it coming as well. It's a bit better than full price, but still it gets my goat, same as second versions of a game.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Might end up as a rant but note that this isn’t me defending GF. I’m just giving my thoughts and how well they handled this. Also I refer to a lot of the content as “the new__” as I honestly don’t recall any of the specific names.

First off: people are going to be upset about Pokémon being locked behind paywalls. But GF thought ahead and let it so you can trade with others who have the EP. In XY and SM, you were locked out of ORAS/USUM’s added Megas/Z Moves but that’s not an issue here.

They also gave us a better alternative to third versions: paid DLC. Sure it’d be nice to get it as free updates but they’re a company at the end of the day. At least they’re giving us new content instead of leaving them undercooked like XY.

And it seems to be a decent chunk of content with even new and old Pokémon. They mentioned 200/300 returning which is impressive as the data mine implied only 30 return. Also G Max forms that weren’t in the code like the starters (which looks amazing), the other 2 Kanto starters (leave Charizard alone for a bit), and the new Legendary. There’s also new forms such as Slowpoke and I think those are new forms of the Legendary Birds. The characters also look interesting and add onto lore: Mustard is Leon’s mentor and the Psychic/Poison rivals use the designs seen on the respective Typings’ Gym uniforms.

I’m genuinely impressed. I was expecting a 3rd version with slightly different story events but I’ll gladly take this over a sequel or that. Most of the content people wanted to be added is here for technically free by trading so I see no real major issue here. It’s not ideal but it’s arguably the best way GF could’ve handled this.

BCVM22

They didn’t announce anything new about Pokémon HOME besides a release month (February) and said they’ll address it before then.

Also let's take a moment to say R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl remakes (maybe)

They’re certainly not necessarily dead but I’m inclined to believe that we aren’t getting a new core title this year, if they’re going to be working on and pushing Isle/Tundra all year. But that’s only my read and they could toss us another Direct in six weeks and prove me wrong.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why did they say that not all the pokemon will be available in sxord and shield if they fix it with a dlc. If they said they would add new pokemon via dlc in the first place, there wasnt a dexit now. But its criminal to pay 30 dollars for pokemon you should have gotten in the first place.

Will there be a new game this year then

rustycorpse

shiny hunter
im happy with it being dlc as it costs less money compared to a full game. My main question is what is with all the legend of zelda references, the shrine music from breath of the wild was playing during the direct and one of the legendaries has triforces on beads around its neck

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So the new Rivals seem to be a Poison and Psychic Trainer, right?
Wondering how many new Pokemon in total we will get here (including the new Galarian and Gigantamax forms).

Also now I'm 99% sure the new movie for which we are getting a trailer 1/10 will include some of the new Pokemon as it's star.

This actually looks like USUM done right. It's not fair the Original games did not have this content but it's better than nothing.

Also glad that both Galar Starters as well as Blastoise and Venusaur got some justice. Unless Charizard will get yet another form...

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Why did they say that not all the pokemon will be available in sxord and shield if they fix it with a dlc. If they said they would add new pokemon via dlc in the first place, there wasnt a dexit now. But its criminal to pay 30 dollars for pokemon you should have gotten in the first place.

Will there be a new game this year then

Thre is still a dexit, they aren't adding every missing pokemon back in. They're adding some in with the new expansion pass.

No point in really mentioning that the pokemon are added to the game for free so you can get them from home or through trading regardless, feels like people need to be angery for now, i'm sure it'll die down when people get that out in a couple weeks.