• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Not a big fan of the Cram-o-Matic personally, the type and value system for the recipes is far too complicated for my liking. I tried getting the TR for Sludge Bomb out of it once, turns out it has a high value cost and a lot of the higher value Poison items are hard to get like Smoke Balls and Toxic Orbs.

Akashin

Not a big fan of the Cram-o-Matic personally, the type and value system for the recipes is far too complicated for my liking. I tried getting the TR for Sludge Bomb out of it once, turns out it has a high value cost and a lot of the higher value Poison items are hard to get like Smoke Balls and Toxic Orbs.

I could be wrong, but isn't the type of the item you receive determined solely by the type of the first item you put in? And the rest of the items are just for raising the value?

Bill the Typhlosion

I think I may have thought a solution for Dexit. What if future games allowed you to transfer in any Pokemon outside the regional dex, except that it must be fully evolved? That way, there would be less animations to program, but everyone's cherished partners could still be brought forward as long as they've finished evolving. Competitive battling wouldn't be affected because unevolved Pokemon are very rarely used in that kind of scenario. Players who have a cherished Pokemon they don't want to evolve for whatever reason would still be affected, but it would still be better than the current system.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It’s a good thing the Apricorns are so common because you almost always need a ton of them just to get one Apricorn Ball. The chances are that bad. I’ll never understand GF’s insistence on keeping the Balls so hard to obtain outside of Johto games.

Luthor

I could see it being upgraded in the second DLC so you have a higher chance of getting an apricorn pokeball. Hyde seemed to imply it was possible.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think I may have thought a solution for Dexit. What if future games allowed you to transfer in any Pokemon outside the regional dex, except that it must be fully evolved? That way, there would be less animations to program, but everyone's cherished partners could still be brought forward as long as they've finished evolving. Competitive battling wouldn't be affected because unevolved Pokemon are very rarely used in that kind of scenario. Players who have a cherished Pokemon they don't want to evolve for whatever reason would still be affected, but it would still be better than the current system.
No, they should just bring everything back. It's the biggest media franchise in the world, they should stop whining about how much effort it costs and upscale and prioritise their development better. Do they really need to rebuild a trading system every single generation just because they want to make it worse and even more complicated? Do they really need to design and build outrageously complicated ways to transfer outfits between games (seriously randomly selected, just why, and then not the dyed stuff, they have an entirely different system again), and then come up with an equally complicated and also completely different way to transfer the Plaza shops?

BCVM22

They definitely do all that solely to troll and because they like making more work for themselves. Definitely. Their "whining about effort and development" is definitely illegitimate, while our complaints and very real issues as fans are legitimate and definitely not whining.

Should just let us operate, develop, and release the franchise. Can't possibly be that difficult. We'd be great at it. We know everything.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Can you like, for one post, not sarcastically pull someone else's argument completely out of context in exaggeration? I can do that too for your side, like "All fans are whiny, every single one of them is wrong, GameFreak is holy and should be worshipped, nothing they ever decide is wrong". At least try to actually respond to the point someone makes, GameFreak is a big company of adults, they should be able to handle a bit of subjective criticism, they are not above criticism. Because I seriously have tried to come up with reasons for why GameFreak designed these systems the way that they have, and I literally can't come up with any reasoning that makes sense, nor have I ever heard anyone else come up with such reasoning for these things, nor have I ever heard anyone say that they actually like the way the version-exclusive outfits work in gen 7, or how the Festival Plaza shops are so random that it can take hundreds of rank-ups to get the shop you need.

Like, if you design something and almost nobody likes it, it's unecessarily complicated (which also makes it take longer to develop and bug-test), and there is seemingly no functional advantage to this method compared to simpler methods already available, maybe you ought to do things a bit differently.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I never said anyone was above criticism, though there's a question of how much that criticism really matters when your target will never see any of it. "Whining" was your word, however. You're the one who said "Game Freak needs to stop whining and just do as we demand," as if it's that simple.

You're also the one saying "well, I can't come up with any reason why they did something this way, therefore it must be solely because they like making bad decisions," as if there isn't a continent's worth of middle ground between those two ends, and middle ground to which none of us are privy, at that. And again, if you want to say I'm purposely misrepresenting your arguments, that is what you said: "I seriously have tried to come up with reasons for why... ...and I literally can't come up with any reasoning that makes sense." I'm paraphrasing, perhaps, but not by much. I think it's a very narrowly limited viewpoint to assume that the scope of our assumptions is the scope of the development, to say "well WE [not really "we"] can't think of why they'd do this so there must be absolutely no reason."

Every decision that goes into these games likely goes through multiple revisions and levels of approval, and if something is omitted or designed in a way you don't like, there's a reason for it. Are we apt to ever be privy to most of those reasons? Probably not. Would you, personally, agree with most of those reasons? Evidently not. But there are reasons just the same and you can be assured they are not "whining," "not prioritizing the effort," laziness, or trolling.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Do we know the next max raid focus yet? Still hoping it's a Porygon one that enables you to catch Porygon 2 & Porygon-Z.
Water & Ground-type focused event. Only really interesting part is a chance to grab G-Max Drednaw and Sandaconda (if you missed them) or an easier time getting a Milotic. Still have not updated my Max Raid event pool past the sea Pokemon event.

Luthor

Water & Ground-type focused event. Only really interesting part is a chance to grab G-Max Drednaw and Sandaconda (if you missed them) or an easier time getting a Milotic. Still have not updated my Max Raid event pool past the sea Pokemon event.

Well that's disappointing but thank you for the update. Problem with Gigantamax raids is most can be obtained easier for anyone who has IOA DLC.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I’ve still got those dens as well. I don’t plan on updating to this new event either. It does not interest me in the slightest while the Sea Pokémon one has some HAs I still need and the shiny Wailord.

These lacklustre events also last way too long. 2 weeks would be more than enough.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Could use a Milotic. Haven't had any luck getting into raids for them.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I already have all of these Pokemon, so I'm gonna skip this event. Milotic is a cool addition though.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well that's disappointing but thank you for the update. Problem with Gigantamax raids is most can be obtained easier for anyone who has IOA DLC.

It's most likely aimed at the people who don't have the DLC. They'd appreciate it if they missed those Gigantamax Pokémon (especially Drednaw, who had a low capture rate the first time around).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's most likely aimed at the people who don't have the DLC. They'd appreciate it if they missed those Gigantamax Pokémon (especially Drednaw, who had a low capture rate the first time around).

Ugh you're telling me, it took 50 raids to finally get one when I caught nearly every other Gigantamax with a singular ball or on the second attempt/third!
It was incredibly frustrating