• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I'm guessing, from the lack of activity, that people are getting their codes? This distro is going much better than last? People tend to post complaints much more often than when things are normal and working, and last time when the code delivery was an issue there were lots and lots of posts.

TyranatarGojira

So far I haven't. I'll contact their help line shortly I think.

Edit: Well they even have a banner up on the customer support page saying to check the spam and give it 24 hours to arrive. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to send a complaint then. Does anyone know what time they started sending out the newsletters?

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
I still haven't received mine yet either.

The note on the support page says 9:00 AM Pacific Time. I'm guessing that was around the time they started sending things out because I started seeing a few tweets about people getting their codes around that time.

I'm guessing that the service they're using is throttling outbound emails.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Anybody got a Dada Zarude code yet?

Today's the day, just wondering if its started releasing yet or not.
I got mine (thank God), I just haven't had the chance to use it yet

masdog

Hate this stupid method. Some get it and some dont? Wtf?
They definitely have some sort of systems issue. You would think that they would have this figured out by now.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
Well, it's morning in the USA, hope everyone gets their codes today! I don't have any jobs scheduled until this afternoon, so I'm going to watch the new movie this morning on Netflix.

TyranatarGojira

Nothing yet. In a few minutes I'm sending off to support. This isn't as bad as if I hadn't gotten regular Zarude, since it doesn't count against pokedex completion, but after I've repeatedly done all the steps they told me to, it's rather irritating.

masdog

Nothing yet. In a few minutes I'm sending off to support. This isn't as bad as if I hadn't gotten regular Zarude, since it doesn't count against pokedex completion, but after I've repeatedly done all the steps they told me to, it's rather irritating.
I sent my request off to support earlier this morning. I doubt I'll hear anything, but who knows.

Still haven't received anything, and I'm not seeing anything in my mail server logs either.

masdog

I wish they’d just use the Mystery Gift method that is literally built into the game & impossible for every player to miss.
But how do they harvest emails for marketing purposes then?

TyranatarGojira

The Pokémon support site now has a banner up saying that they have a high volume of inquiries and response times will be long.
So it appears that perhaps they didn't do as good a job fixing the sending out as maybe we thought? Part of me expects this to turn out to be something stupid like it derps out when they get near the end of the alphabet for names.

masdog

So it appears that perhaps they didn't do as good a job fixing the sending out as maybe we thought? Part of me expects this to turn out to be something stupid like it derps out when they get near the end of the alphabet for names.
So I did some digging through the email headers of the newsletter. Pokémon runs the domain used for sending out emails, but the IP address is owned by Salesforce. I wonder if the codes are sent out through the same system or if they are using something else that is getting throttled or falling over.

I did get the TCG email that went out today, so I don’t think it’s an issue with the email system itself.

Why they don’t just distribute through Pokémon.com is beyond me.