• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

TyranatarGojira

I got a response from support a few hours ago. It was basically a rehash of the KB article.
Then hopefully I'll be getting one soon. Let's see what they say to me. I'm getting a little tired of the stock response of "Have you checked the spam, promotions, and the box to recieve promotions" when I keep telling them in my initial letter I did all that. I know they have to say it, but dang it, it makes me feel like I'm talking to a wall.

edit: Over 24 hours later, and time for a status update.

Well, checking my email I still haven't gotten any response from the Help team. And that I actually sent my help request last friday, so we're at six days now. Nearly a week. Still got the higher than normal number of requests up on the help page. I don't know if they took the weekend, including monday off, or are just incredibly short handed now, but that's really bad. I sent a reply to the confirmation of recieving my help ticket asking about my situation several hours ago, but nothing yet. I don't hear from them by morning, I'm submitting another help request, and too bad if it's adding to their volume.

I've given up on getting the codes now, but I'll be damned if I give up on getting a response, and maybe, just maybe something actually done about this in the future. Honestly I'm more frustrated about it now than I would have been at the start of the week.

When they start the shiny box legendaries at Gamestop I think I'll try to pick up some extra to help out anyone who has trouble with that. You know, assuming they don't screw that one up and run out before I can get there or not send any to my Gamestop. After this, I figure I should try and help someone else avoid this kind of dissappointment.

Further edit: Well support got back to me, though it was the standared "Have you tried this?" steps, again. Which I informed them I had. Again.

Yet another Edit: And now they will be investigating my claim, and will get back to me within a week. So that's something.

Last edited:

TyranatarGojira

Sorry about double posting, but it's been a week, and I figure if I just edit my last one it's gonna be overlooked.

So it's been almost a week since I heard from the help for the newsletter. I'll give them until tomorrow night or friday morning, but this has just been absurd. I'm pretty sure I won't ever be getting the codes for Dada Zarude and Shiny Celebii at this point, but the sheer ammount of time all this is taking to get any response is honestly made me far more pissed about that than I would have been if I'd just gotten a "sorry, we messed up, and we're sorry we are out of codes" shortly after. At this point I'm really feeling like I'm being ignored or punished because I've been nice and done everything I'm suppossed to, and it's very frustrating. I'm gonna make sure next time they run any promotions through the newsletter to see if someone on a forum can pick me up an extra code.

Has anyone else been having any problems like this, or is it just me?

Edit: And the "High Volume of requests" banner is back, and I can't use the "Add to Conversation" button on the my activeties page is disabled. I guess I'm stuck giving it a little longer, but I'm only giving it until tomorrow when I bug them via the E-Mail.

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

Galarian Rapidash is amazing
I now believe that Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sword and Shield all take place in a universe where Ghetsis’s plan to liberate all pokemon from their trainers was a success.

I still find it weird that multiple fully evolved pokemon can be found in the Alola region and the Wild Area, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra in Sword and Shield.

Last edited:

masdog

The good old days weren’t always good…
Update on my Celebi and Zarude codes: I had one followup from support after confirming that my newsletter subscription settings were correct. They said that this would have to be looked into further, and that it might take a few weeks for them to get back to me. I haven't heard anything since. I will probably follow up on Friday if I don't hear anything.

I now believe that Sword and Shield takes place in a universe where Ghetsis’s plan to liberate all pokemon from their trainers was a success.
Interesting idea. What makes you think that?

TyranatarGojira

Update on my Celebi and Zarude codes: I had one followup from support after confirming that my newsletter subscription settings were correct. They said that this would have to be looked into further, and that it might take a few weeks for them to get back to me. I haven't heard anything since. I will probably follow up on Friday if I don't hear anything.
I've had a couple, but I don't think they've explicitly confirmed my settings were correct yet. It'll be two weeks on Friday since I last heard from them, so I'll bug them then probably. Still got the banner saying high ammount of requests, and responses may be slow on the sites help page.

Also, I wish I'd saved the link, but someone on Reddit linked to Gamestop Ireland's page for the Shiny Wolves distribution. Just say which wolf you want, and put in your e-mail. I did it monday, and got a code today. No region issues, I live in the states and got it fine.

masdog

I've had a couple, but I don't think they've explicitly confirmed my settings were correct yet. It'll be two weeks on Friday since I last heard from them, so I'll bug them then probably. Still got the banner saying high ammount of requests, and responses may be slow on the sites help page.

Also, I wish I'd saved the link, but someone on Reddit linked to Gamestop Ireland's page for the Shiny Wolves distribution. Just say which wolf you want, and put in your e-mail. I did it monday, and got a code today. No region issues, I live in the states and got it fine.
I got my wolves from GAME in the UK. No issues there.

And there are three GameStops within a few miles of my house (also US-based), so I haven't had any issues getting the cards.

TyranatarGojira

I got my wolves from GAME in the UK. No issues there.

And there are three GameStops within a few miles of my house (also US-based), so I haven't had any issues getting the cards.
I've seen some people complaining about their Gamestops being out of them. And after the problems with the Trainer Club and Dada Zarude, I figured I'd be nice and get a few extra in case anyone was gonna miss out.

masdog

Has anyone seen the Sword and Shield + Expansion pack bundles recently? I was planning to buy a second copy of Sword for my Switch Lite (so my kids can keep the other copy of Sword on the main switch), but it doesn’t seem to be stocked at any store in my local area. It’s not that they’re just out of stock - the shelf space has been taken away and replaced with other games. Did these get discontinued? Is it just a victim of the supply chain issues?

Its weird that I can’t seem to find them anywhere lately.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Has anyone seen the Sword and Shield + Expansion pack bundles recently? I was planning to buy a second copy of Sword for my Switch Lite (so my kids can keep the other copy of Sword on the main switch), but it doesn’t seem to be stocked at any store in my local area. It’s not that they’re just out of stock - the shelf space has been taken away and replaced with other games. Did these get discontinued? Is it just a victim of the supply chain issues?

I've noticed that they've more or less dried up as well. I've been wanting to grab Sword+Exp, and the only one I can find is priced outside my range.

TyranatarGojira

I've noticed that they've more or less dried up as well. I've been wanting to grab Sword+Exp, and the only one I can find is priced outside my range.
I saw them in two different Gamestops a week ago. I'm pretty sure both had them new, but they may just have not run through their stock yet.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So lemme get this straight; there’s an event Charizard, not shiny, Gigantamax form and the OT/current world champ just HAPPENS to be named LEONardo?

The irony lol…