• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Kage-Pikachu

I've also been thinking that the Fairy pseudo-Legendary Pokémon may be of celestial origin, gets some of its energy from the Moon and it is capable of firing intense beams of lights. But we have had a lot of Pokémon of celestial origin that are Psychic-type, and I think that there's enough Psychic/Fairy Pokémon for now. But then there's the Clefairy line which is pure Fairy and maybe it could just be pure Fairy.
It would bee cool to have a pure Fairy type that was physical and with good all around stats (s0rry Azumarril). I think in order to make it work we need a better move than Play Rough, even if it's similar to Thrash, Outrage, and Petal Dance (it's kind of hard to imagine a raging fairy though, lol, what is it mad about? Picked flowers?) The Fairy type kind of reminds me of Dragon, Rock, and Ghost types in that it took a while for good powerful moves to show up such as Dragon Pulse, Stone Edge, and to be honest...Ghost still struggles due to the exclusive moves.

Some unique and unused type combinations I'd like to see is:
Electric/Fighting
Dark/Fairy
Dragon/Fairy
Poison/Ice
Grass/Fire
Hehe, I mentioned this earlier but the Poison/Ice type reminds me of that old riddle with the two women drinking tea. I strongly believe Zeraora should have been Electric/Fighting, it definitely has the build for it and it even learns Close Combat... Dark/Fairy is a great typing, 2 immunities is no joke! I never thought we'd see Bug/Fire so I can now imagine Grass/Fire (maybe it could be inspired by peppers). Dragon/Fairy would be great too, Mega Altaria is cool but I wouldn't choose it over Mega Gardevoir.
Thanks for the info about modern Greece, I admit that nearly all of my "knowledge" about Greece comes from wikipedia (particularly the gods) and I have almost 0 knowledge of the landscape other than the few pictures a friend who lived over there sent me. I guess exploring ruins would be cool (it would be a little weird I guess for a region based on ancient Greece to appear when all the other regions are modern, lol, I didn't think of that before).

A regional variant of Rapidash probably would be the only way it can gain the Fairy type this late into the series. Fairy/Fire would have been great though. They could even make it a branched evolution and have the pre-evolution evolve into either a unicorn or bicorn (just discovered these, lol).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks I was wondering what people meant by Hawai, France, Canada trio. I was like what the heck do they have to do with each other? lol

WalesNote

Region ideas: South Korea, Egypt, South Africa, England, Brazil, Vietnam.

I don't really want to see any European country aside from UK and Greece. Europe is boring and bleh. Africa or South America would be nice, or another Asian country.

Would really like to see a poison type legendary, seasons brought back, some kind of sporting events like HG and SS had, gym leaders more relevant to the story and meaningful, more exploration (like Zelda maybe), locations we haven't seen much of, more TMs maybe, pokémon following you.

Kage-Pikachu

Lol, I wouldn't call Europe "boring" but I agree with some of your suggestions. Mini-games are a must, The Game Corner and Surfing Pikachu was the start and I expect the trend to continue. The Bug Catching contest was kind of fun and I loved the Poke-Athlon so we'll see.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I honestly think that Canada could be the next region, simply because of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–France–Hawaii_Telescope

It could be any region, of course. But it would be funny if it does end up being the basis of choice.
I'd love this, although I'm from Canada so of course I am biased... but if anyone's been to Canada before, it could make a perfect region by taking any of the provinces separately even. The space connection between Canada-France-Hawaii would be a great add on also. Mega Evolution started in Kalos, Z-Power in Hawaii, and what in Canada?? :O Im just going to assume it's Canada until we know.. life works out that way

Orphalesion

I'd love this, although I'm from Canada so of course I am biased... but if anyone's been to Canada before, it could make a perfect region by taking any of the provinces separately even. The space connection between Canada-France-Hawaii would be a great add on also. Mega Evolution started in Kalos, Z-Power in Hawaii, and what in Canada?? :O Im just going to assume it's Canada until we know.. life works out that way

I'd love a region based on B.C. tbh. Canada itself might be a bit too big, but British Columbia would work very well, imho.

I don't really want to see any European country aside from UK and Greece. Europe is boring and bleh. Africa or South America would be nice, or another Asian country.

Well I think nobody seriously advocates a region based on things like Austria, Belgium or the Czech Republic. But calling the whole continent "boring" is going a bit far.
The historical Transylvania would make an interesting region imho, and so would a Scandinavian country, maybe even Iceland.
Italy, Ireland, Spain, there's a number of interesting countries.
I'd also call Russia interesting, but right now and unless a lot of things change there, I'd rather not play in a Russian Pokemon region.[

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
There are many interesting countries to base a region off of. ^^

Just, please, no more Japan regions, especially Kanto.

Kage-Pikachu

Transylvania! You have no idea how happy I was when I first learned that that was a real country! I was just a kid and I thought the occult lived there since it existed in a real life. I wouldn't mind a region based on that location.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I'm happy they announced this so early.
For the region: Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico or South Africa would be awesome places to explore and base a region on.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I think if they did Australia they could add some of the surrounding islands as well.

Like New Zealand or Fiji

ArtFenix

I'd also call Russia interesting, but right now and unless a lot of things change there, I'd rather not play in a Russian Pokemon region.[
Why not? If it's about some politics BS, then what does it have to do with a video game, a Pokemon game of all series?
Yeah, I find it weird and biased that barely anyone thinks of Russia as a possible region for a Pokemon game - literally THE biggest and most diverse country on planet Earth BY FAR, and when/if they do, they bring up something completely unrelated to justify placing some other tiny country higher in their region wish list.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Australia would be another great choice for a future region. Figure it has enough diversity in environments and culture. It'd be the perfect region for a platypus Pokemon. If only that "fake" water starter from a few months ago was real.

KamenRiderLeo

Primarina Trainer Esq.
If they're still going for a tropical vibe, Samoa could be Interesting

DSDark

Breeder
I'm happy they announced this so early.
For the region: Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico or South Africa would be awesome places to explore and base a region on.

I was thinking Africa would be perfect for an open-world pokemon game. Eypt in the north, deserts and rainforest, big cities in the south. A wide range of areas to explore. Different cultures.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I wouldn't be entirely disappointed if we saw bits and pieces of my dream of a region with desert and oasis themes, like ancient Mesopotamian and north African civilizations - honestly, it would be better if it incorporated time travel as a mechanic and showed those places as both as a parallel to they exist today, like a traditional region, and how they would have existed thousands of years before the events of the game.

Why not? If it's about some politics BS, then what does it have to do with a video game, a Pokemon game of all series?
Yeah, I find it weird and biased that barely anyone thinks of Russia as a possible region for a Pokemon game - literally THE biggest and most diverse country on planet Earth BY FAR, and when/if they do, they bring up something completely unrelated to justify placing some other tiny country higher in their region wish list.

Yeah, um, we have to realize that politics is sometimes actually relevant to the situation. There are people - myself included - who would just be pretty uncomfortable role playing a character the we probably build ourselves (if Kalos and Alola were any indication) in a region based on some countries like Russia, given certain laws and socio-cultural factors. I'm not going to say I'd be totally opposed to it, as there is a lot of good material to use there, but it's something to consider when choosing places to form the basis of a new region.

It's the same reason I'm not always comfortable proposing other specific places that might actually have very interesting culture and history, environmental diversity, and general richness. Now, if this series was less of a happy-go-lucky, fun and friends oriented series, then these places would be immediately appropriate for consideration.

How interesting would it be to actually explore different cultures, different places with different views, in a meaningful way through a Pokemon medium? We only get a little bit of that with each region usually, though Alola was more strongly and clearly cultural than the regions that came before it.