• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Kage-Pikachu

A region based off of "Australia" would not be very good. it's a continent almost the size of Europe, and regions are the size of "the Northern Half of France" or "The Hawaiian Islands".

I'd rather see a region based of one of the states of Australia, like Queensland (not at all biased here). The whole country is just too big for a single region. And New Zealand wouldn't be "post game content" to Australia, if anything, it would need to be it's own region.
That's true, they'd need a hell of a lot of content to make an entire continent the basis of a Pokemon game.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Australia would be another great choice for a future region. Figure it has enough diversity in environments and culture. It'd be the perfect region for a platypus Pokemon. If only that "fake" water starter from a few months ago was real.

Australia also has A mountain range where they can put all the Ice Types.

Had to look it up because i was curious :D

Orphalesion

Australia also has A mountain range where they can put all the Ice Types.

Had to look it up because i was curious :D

We have multiple mountain ranges, it's just that one of them is called "Snowy Mountains" just like there's this desert called "Sandy Desert".

But again the whole country is too freaking big. So let's start with Queensland. Same with Canada, it's too big as well, they'd need to focus on a province.

Kage-Pikachu

Speaking of Ice types, does anyone foresee any buffs or nerfs? Gen 6 brought some buffs to some Pokemon types and abilities, same with gen 7, so hopefully Aurora Veil is buffed to protect ally Pokemon from the effects of hail.

You know what's funny, I was taught in school that Gravity was the weakest force so why does Magnet Rise fail when the move Gravity is in effect?

I've been through Canada during my move to Alaska back in 1998 and again in 2002, during the drive there it was the first and only time I saw a wild bear and wild wolf. It was so cool but I was disappointed that I never saw them in the wild again... Moose were everywhere though so that was cool.

DSDark

Breeder
I'd like to see something, anything tomorrow during the conference.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'd like to see something, anything tomorrow during the conference.

For the 2019 game? With the promo cycle for LGPE having already started, that's a real stretch - I think it would be a record for earliest content reveal or even visual teaser for any game in the series. Granted, though, it's already mildly unprecedented for GF to have even revealed that they're working on it so long before release, and I wouldn't mind some information if they want to give it!

Baggie_Saiyan

Speaking of Ice types, does anyone foresee any buffs or nerfs? Gen 6 brought some buffs to some Pokemon types and abilities, same with gen 7, so hopefully Aurora Veil is buffed to protect ally Pokemon from the effects of hail.

You know what's funny, I was taught in school that Gravity was the weakest force so why does Magnet Rise fail when the move Gravity is in effect?

I've been through Canada during my move to Alaska back in 1998 and again in 2002, during the drive there it was the first and only time I saw a wild bear and wild wolf. It was so cool but I was disappointed that I never saw them in the wild again... Moose were everywhere though so that was cool.
Hopefully sun weather to increase Grass defence/sp d same for hail and Ice types. Both types I think need it, weather abilities just aren't enough for them.

Kage-Pikachu

I agree, Ice desperately needs a buff since it's one of the worst defensive typings and Grass suffers from having too many types that resist it. Maybe Rain could have an added effect since water helps plants grow in real life, perhaps it it can increase their defenses and sun can increase their offense due to "photosynthesis " (as Spongebob once said, lol).

Baggie_Saiyan

I agree, Ice desperately needs a buff since it's one of the worst defensive typings and Grass suffers from having too many types that resist it. Maybe Rain could have an added effect since water helps plants grow in real life, perhaps it it can increase their defenses and sun can increase their offense due to "photosynthesis " (as Spongebob once said, lol).
I love so many grass Pokemon but they can be so rough to use especially under nuzlocke rules and since Bugs got buffed in Gen 7 makes Grass feel even worse! I have a Leafeon in my Sun WL and it is rough, it hits decent enough but I am always so cautious whenever it is out I have had so many scares already lol.

Orphalesion

I think GF has always tried to sell Grass as "they have many weaknesses, but their many status-causing moves and (since Gen 6/7) their immunity to spores makes up for it". In theory that sounds nice and cool....in practice it doesn't really work out that way and never has. So yeah either Grass needs some sort of further buff or they could get rid of that Flying weakness (ever seen a bird pulverize a tree? Because I haven't)
And yeah I was also really hoping for Lilligant to gain the Fairy type. She's a freaking flower nymph thing, so the design matches.

Kage-Pikachu

Lol, Lilligant reminds me of Celine from To-Love-ru! Poor Abamosnow never had a chance with it's weaknesses...

I've always wondered why Grass was weak against Flying types, I mean birds eat seeds and such but other than woodpeckers I haven't seen birds do any real damage to plants like trees.

Do you guys think we'll need Ride Pokemon? If not then it will be similar to HMs in which you will HAVE to have a Pokemon your team capable of swimming. So for people who don't want a Water type on their team, it would be annoying unless you can register your own Pokemon as Ride Pokemon

Baggie_Saiyan

I think GF has always tried to sell Grass as "they have many weaknesses, but their many status-causing moves and (since Gen 6/7) their immunity to spores makes up for it". In theory that sounds nice and cool....in practice it doesn't really work out that way and never has. So yeah either Grass needs some sort of further buff or they could get rid of that Flying weakness (ever seen a bird pulverize a tree? Because I haven't)
And yeah I was also really hoping for Lilligant to gain the Fairy type. She's a freaking flower nymph thing, so the design matches.
Right? Like Flying on bug that makes sense, but on grass that always seemed flimsy to me. Getting rid of that alone would make a world of difference.

Do you guys think we'll need Ride Pokemon? If not then it will be similar to HMs in which you will HAVE to have a Pokemon your team capable of swimming. So for people who don't want a Water type on their team, it would be annoying unless you can register your own Pokemon as Ride Pokemon
As long as I can still ride on the back of Lapras and not a generic overworld sprite I'll make do! Ideally keep Pokeride (likely since it was in Gen 7) and following Mons from LGPE, only features I'd want kept from those games.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Except that Water-type is one of the best types and is incredibly common for something so useful, so I really don't see any problem here. I do think that they should be able to ferry you across water/dive/climb waterfalls without knowing the respective moves unless you want to use them in battle, though.

Orphalesion

Except that Water-type is one of the best types and is incredibly common for something so useful, so I really don't see any problem here. I do think that they should be able to ferry you across water/dive/climb waterfalls without knowing the respective moves unless you want to use them in battle, though.

It's irrelevant whether Water type is good or not. I don't want the game to make me put one on the team just to progress, especially now that we have a much better alternative (imho) in ride Pokemon. If I don't like any of the regional water types (or other Pokemon that learn surf) if I simply like other Pokemon better, if I want to focus on specific types, then the game should let me do that.

Kage-Pikachu

It's irrelevant whether Water type is good or not. I don't want the game to make me put one on the team just to progress, especially now that we have a much better alternative (imho) in ride Pokemon. If I don't like any of the regional water types (or other Pokemon that learn surf) if I simply like other Pokemon better, if I want to focus on specific types, then the game should let me do that.
Agreed! It would be a step back to need to change your team around just to progress, it'd be the same as needing an HM.
lol, I like your tag, what are we going to do for 17 months?!!!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Agreed! It would be a step back to need to change your team around just to progress, it'd be the same as needing an HM.
It will be wonderful if Poké Ride made a return but I still have a feeling HMs may be back.

Kage-Pikachu

lol, sounds intriguing.

I'll probably be dying...I mean playing Zelda Breath of the Wild and Spider-man after getting tired of LGP/E. Maybe I'll also get around to beating the dozens of games from previous consoles, lol. I to this date haven't beaten Mega Man 8 (the only game in the series I own).
It will be wonderful if Poké Ride made a return but I still have a feeling HMs may be back.
I'm sure that would cause a riot, lol. Then again, Game Freak does have a bad habbit of dropping good features. Like wasn't there a button in HS/SS where you could run without holding down B? (mine was stolen so I can't check).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm sure that would cause a riot, lol. Then again, Game Freak does have a bad habbit of dropping good features. Like wasn't there a button in HS/SS where you could run without holding down B? (mine was stolen so I can't check).
Yeah I can remember an auto-run feature in HGSS. It was good the player didn't have to get the Running Shoes to run starting in X and Y and hopefully we get to have auto-run options in the settings.

Last edited: