• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Xuxuba

It's not promoting gen 8, and plus by that logic then I guess think Yungoos is promoting gen 8. So basically you went off topic because Meltan was revealed last year so what Satoshi & Touko said wasn't wrong.

Just because Meltan may hinted from another region doesn't mean that it's promoting gen 8, considering fact there are other pokemon that have been hinted to be from another region, heck look at Manaphy where it's in case of where so far if you breed it in any region with a Ditto you get a Phione implyng that to actually get Manphy to produce another Manaphy you have to go to an region that hasn't been revealed yet, not to metion there is the whole thing that Yungoos is imported from another region and by this point Let's Go is not a new game.
The context matters.

Yungoos wasn't revealed after SM/USUM with a completely mysterious background and with several videos trying to make we wonder about where he came from, where the ancient texts about him originated from and what is the legend behind him.

Meltan was promoted before LGPE was released!

LGPE released with Meltan fully usable!

What could Meltan promote now? =D
Except LGPE did nothing to explain his legend and background, which was heavily teased in the Professor Willow videos.

Of course, this might have been just Game Freak starting something they couldn't finish, but i chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. Now will you respect my opinion?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The context matters.

Yungoos wasn't revealed after SM/USUM with a completely mysterious background and with several videos trying to make we wonder about where he came from, where the ancient texts about him originated from and what is the legend behind him.

yes but it was never outright stated that Meltan was from another region, I mean for instance one could speculate that Manaphy is from another region since it's so far not possible to breed more Manaphy from that Manaphy when you breed it from a Ditto and you instead wind up getting a weaker version of Manaphy called a Phione that can't evolve back into Manaphy, and yet Gen 5 had nothing to with Manaphy nor was Manaphy promoting gen 5, so just because your curious about Meltan's origins doesn't automatically mean that it's somehow promoting gen 8, when it's not. The only thing Meltan is promoting is Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee and right now there is nothing that really indicates that Meltan has anything to do with gen 8, and no just because you question it's mysterious background is not enough to say that it's promoting gen 8.

Xuxuba

yes but it was never outright stated that Meltan was from another region, I mean for instance one could speculate that Manaphy is from another region since it's so far not possible to breed more Manaphy from that Manaphy when you breed it from a Ditto and you instead wind up getting a weaker version of Manaphy called a Phione that can't evolve back into Manaphy, and yet Gen 5 had nothing to with Manaphy nor was Manaphy promoting gen 5, so just because your curious about Meltan's origins doesn't automatically mean that it's somehow promoting gen 8, when it's not. The only thing Meltan is promoting is Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee and right now there is nothing that really indicates that Meltan has anything to do with gen 8, and no just because you question it's mysterious background is not enough to say that it's promoting gen 8.
And that is why i said hinted and not stated.

Besides, it wasn't me who came up with Meltan's mysterious background, they clearly made a big deal out of it several times. Whether you chose to ignore it or not, that is up to you.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Except gen 5 was before they started doing worldwide releases, so that argument doesn't really work. And even talking about gen 5, the gen 5 games were not revealed in May, as it was revealed in April and the first two gen 5 pokemon being Zorua and Zoroark were revealed in Feburary, looking at it as far as I know we have yet to have a case where a new generation was officially revealed in May or later.

AGAIN... Worldwide release is irrelevant. The advertising is STILL DONE LOCALLY and these days is done SIMULTANEOUSLY in every language available. If anything, that would mean they need LESS time following that logic. I really don't understand how people think this makes any difference. Translating is literally the easiest part of any release. It can be done in a few weeks. 1 silhouette is NOT a reveal. We knew nothing of black and white at that time. The games were announced in April but we had virtually no information past Zorua, Zoroark and some really bad beta footage. Reshiram and Zekrom were shown in may with some real information with them.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
AGAIN... Worldwide release is irrelevant. The advertising is STILL DONE LOCALLY and these days is done SIMULTANEOUSLY in every language available. If anything, that would mean they need LESS time following that logic. I really don't understand how people think this makes any difference. Translating is literally the easiest part of any release. It can be done in a few weeks. 1 silhouette is NOT a reveal. We knew nothing of black and white at that time. The games were announced in April but we had virtually no information past Zorua, Zoroark and some really bad beta footage. Reshiram and Zekrom were shown in may with some real information with them.
Zorua and Zoroark were new Pokemon so obviously something was coming! That something being a new gen!

ShadowForce720

And that is why i said hinted and not stated.

Besides, it wasn't me who came up with Meltan's mysterious background, they clearly made a big deal out of it several times. Whether you chose to ignore it or not, that is up to you.

Except that still is not evidence that it's hinting or promoting the next games, as heck they didn't even really make that big deal about what region Meltan as from and the mysterys they were interested in seemed to be everything else other then the region it originated from.

We still got the titles for the games in April and not in May, and if in all honestly if they could just reveal the games in May then why didn't they reveal the names of the games Pokemon Black and White in May instead of doing it in April. Also needless to say in all likely hood the gen 8 games are going to be bigger then the gen 5,6, and 7 games, do to being able to hold a lot more information.

I mean despite what you may try to claim when it comes to revealing the names of the new games that start a generation April was literally the latest they did, so if anything the fact that they revealed the names of the 5th generation games in April instead of May would actually hurt your argument meaning that chances are they are not waiting until May or June to reveal the gen 8 games.

I mean if they weren't willingly to reveal the names of the games that start a new generation in May during the past generation what makes you think that there just all of suddenly going to start now when the gen 8 games are likely going to be bigger then the past generation games and have more information to cover.​

Last edited:

supersarepi

Except that still is not evidence that it's hinting or promoting the next games, as heck they didn't even really make that big deal about what region Meltan as from and the mysterys they were interested in seemed to be everything else other then the region it originated from.

Exactly. This is the first I’m hearing about Meltan potentially being from another region, and I check several different Pokémon forums for news multiple times a day.

Meltan was fully useable in what game freak has outright fully referred to as a core series game. Whereas with Munchlax and Bonsly, the first main series game they were fully playable in was DP.

Plus Meltan’s Asset ID continues on from the rest of gen 7. If it was a gen 8, the asset ID would be somewhere in the 900s. They started at 700 for gen 6 and 800 for gen 7.

Xuxuba

Again, that is your opinion. I do not believe it would make sense for them to keep referring to these ancient texts and this mysterious ancient civilization that worshipped him, just for it to be from Kanto.

ShadowForce720

Again, that is your opinion. I do not believe it would make sense for them to keep referring to these ancient texts and this mysterious ancient civilization that worshipped him, just for it to be from Kanto.

And that is your opinion, but the point is that as of right now it can't be used as evidence to say that it's promoting gen 8. There is no actual way to say oh well Meltan is promoting or hinting at gen 8. This is not a case where oh well it's your opinion that it doesn't connect or hint or promote gen 8. The thing as of right now there is nothing to really suggest or hint that Meltan is hinting or promoting gen 8, and I'm sorry but just because you find it odd that has a mysterious origin is not enough to suggest that Meltan is hinting at gen 8 or promoting it and that doesn't change because you say that "oh well that's your opinion".

I mean you talk about oh well it has mysterious origins but obviously didn't seem that important considering that it comes out of the box and the main thing that gets focus on is everything else but it's origin. Just because you don't want to think it could be from ancient Kanto or think it has mysterious origins does not really provide enough to say that it's hints or promote gen 8.

The point is no matter how you try to argue it there isn't enough information to really say that Meltan is hinting at gen 8 in anyway.

Xuxuba

And that is your opinion, but the point is that as of right now it can't be used as evidence to say that it's promoting gen 8. There is no actual way to say oh well Meltan is promoting or hinting at gen 8. This is not a case where oh well it's your opinion that it doesn't connect or hint or promote gen 8. The thing as of right now there is nothing to really suggest or hint that Meltan is hinting or promoting gen 8, and I'm sorry but just because you find it odd that has a mysterious origin is not enough to suggest that Meltan is hinting at gen 8 or promoting it and that doesn't change because you say that "oh well that's your opinion".
Uh excuse me did i ever said i had evidence? Because i clearly didn't.

Why are you basically trying to shame me for doing something that is literally the point of the entire thread, which is to speculate?

ShadowForce720

Uh excuse me did i ever said i had evidence? Because i clearly didn't.

Why are you basically trying to shame me for doing something that is literally the point of the entire thread, which is to speculate?

The problem here the argument that your trying to provide doesn't provide enough of a leg to stand on to say that oh well Meltan is hinting at gen 8. And I'm sorry but you saying that you find it odd that Meltan has a mysterious origin doesn't really provide enough information for it to be a hint.

I'm not trying to shame you, just because I say something that you don't like point out that there isn't that much to really point to Meltan being a hint at gen 8, is not a personal attack on you.

Xuxuba

The problem here the argument that your trying to provide doesn't provide enough of a leg to stand on to say that oh well Meltan is hinting at gen 8.
I am not trying to provide you with anything. I stated my opinion that i thought Meltan is hinting at the new games because he has a mysterious backstory that wasn't explored anywhere else and you didn't let this whole conversation die, because you thought i was saying he was a generation 8 pokemon, when in reality i could care less about which generation number fans classified him as.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'd say 27th or 28th is when trailer comes out.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Zorua and Zoroark were new Pokemon so obviously something was coming! That something being a new gen!

Obviously, but we knew literally nothing for 2 months after that.

I'm honestly completely fine with a similar situation here. A silhouette on Pokemon day/the 2nd with the titles and box legendaries later in March or April. Do I think that's what will happen? No. But if it did I wouldn't be mad.

I think they will announce a new anime project on Pokemon Day, possibly a new gen 7 game or a TCG-related thing sometime in that week, and then to wrap up the event they will reveal gen 8

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think we’ll get a reveal on the 26th or 27th.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I did see, but i can't say i agree with it.

Don't get me wrong, i like Chibi graphics. But it has already been done before and they didn't add much to it.

Sure it is HD, but nowadays most triple A games are. So what is exactly groundbreaking about that?

Regarding the shading, yeah i can see improvements in some areas, but the lighting is actually quite bad. There are barely any shadows and it looks like the world is almost completely illuminated which makes the graphics look way less detailed and refined.

The panned camera also represents a problem to me since it doesn't allow the player to admire the graphics by changing the perspective or zooming in and out, so you can't see things like the sky or the horizont.

Sure you can see the background a bit better while using the Play Mode and there is the 360° movement, but that's about it, a million of other games give you way more freedom with the cam.

You might say "oh but the 3ds games didn't have that" but this is not a 3ds game, this is a Switch game. It has far more potential than the 3ds ever did. Just look at games like Breath of the wild and Super Mario Odyssey. Those are cartoon-y graphics done right!

You're doing the wrong kind of comparisons, and honestly, you're a fool if you thought Let's GO was going to look like the average AAA game.

You're a fool if you think the Gen 8 title is going to look like the average AAA game.

Game Freak has always moved slowly in its progress. Let's GO's graphics are amazing compared to how far Pokémon has come, but if you look at it by where Pokémon could be - or by what you personally wanted - you'll never be satisfied.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Of course the graphics look amazing compared to what they used to be. But that's true for every IP, as technology progresses, games are capable of more and more. I mean, this is used to be cutting edge in 1996:

Mario64_2.jpg

But nowadays? Looks dreadful, simply because games are capable of so much more and we're used to so much more. Comparing the newer games to their past iterations is completely pointless because the newer ones will always look better (at least in terms of graphical quality, art style may be a little more subjective), whereas comparing them with other games released around the same time is more meaningful because it shows you how it stacks up with other games released under similar technical constraints. The fact that Pokemon is far behind other AAA titles is exactly the problem, and that mutes the excitement that comes from improved graphics. Slow progress is not something that should be accepted in a console environment where developers and gamers alike expect and push for ambitious, cutting edge experiences, so Pokemon should really get up to speed ASAP. It's really sad where the game I just pictured, a game that's as old as Pokemon itself, looks better in some ways than modern day Pokemon.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Bolt, what the actual hell are you even talking about XD

The quality is good in LGPE. The models all have a high poly count, the colours really pop and the textures are all high res. The progress made is not slow, it's stylized and calculated. They went for an inviting chibi art style and I think it paid off, but art is subjective. I personally don't want realism in... pretty much any game. Just not my thing. Ugly, muted, muddy browns and greens with uncanny valley humans don't get my rocks rumbling. If that's your thing, awesome. Good for you. Go watch Detective Pikachu.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Bolt, what the actual hell are you even talking about XD

The quality is good in LGPE. The models all have a high poly count, the colours really pop and the textures are all high res. The progress made is not slow, it's stylized and calculated. They went for an inviting chibi art style and I think it paid off, but art is subjective. I personally don't want realism in... pretty much any game. Just not my thing. Ugly, muted, muddy browns and greens with uncanny valley humans don't get my rocks rumbling. If that's your thing, awesome. Good for you. Go watch Detective Pikachu.
I think when people say realism they mean it in a sense like better proportioned characters like the ones from SM/USUM and less big eyes as seen in LGPE not the thing from games such as The Witcher and all that.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I think when people say realism they mean it in a sense like better proportioned characters like the ones from SM/USUM and less big eyes as seen in LGPE not the thing from games such as The Witcher and all that.

I'm pretty partial to the big eye animu look but I'm fine with USUM proportions. If that's what people want, that's fine with me.