• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I dont really like the chinese zodiac fire starter theory due to the amount of stretches people have to make for it to work but having said that, me and my boyfriend would love a fire bunny
Yeah. Cyndaquil and Fennekin are heavy stretches, especially the former.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not to say the theory is spot-on, but the Pokédex does call Cyndaquil a "Fire Mouse Pokémon".

And I reiterate: Bidoof, the "Plump Mouse" Pokemon.

There are probably other species oddities, but that's one that sticks with me.

Rated R

Flawless.
Just a theory and I doubt they’d ever do it, but what if we get something called Pokemon Stone & Pokemon Chrome? One in the past and one in the future. We could have two different sets of starters, one set of them being dinosaurs, and then a set of mammals.

Just an idea.​

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You're basically asking them to make two different games ala the Zelda Oracle games. Sorry, but it's doubtful that'll happen. Pokemon isn't like that.

World Turtle

Yeah, as much as I think a lot of the zodiac animals work real well as fire types I'd love to see a Bear, a Tasmanian Devil, or even a Moose be the Fire Starter. If only for the change of pace... and to see if any will try and argue that say the Moose is the 'ram' or 'ox' of the zodiac. I think only the trolls would really try.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I been going water for the past couple of gens ( was not impressed with Delphox so I switched to water and it's been that way since) Maybe I'll go grass just for giggles? I want to go back to fire types again since Incineroar turned out to be decent. But man if we get another fire fighting type I'm calling the cops! (lol)

ShadowForce720

Just a theory and I doubt they’d ever do it, but what if we get something called Pokemon Stone & Pokemon Chrome? One in the past and one in the future. We could have two different sets of starters, one set of them being dinosaurs, and then a set of mammals.

Just an idea.​

The problem with that is that amount of pokemon that would have to be introduce for instance if you compare today with just 100 years ago not that much is different in terms of animals and plants, sure while some might be extinct now the animals you see today you kind find the exact same species, however if your taking account the time gap your probably think of which would be comparing life to day to life back when the Dinosaur around the things a vast majority of the species that are alive today hadn't come into existent yet back then.

So basically the main problem of what your asking is basically for Gamefreak to have two versions that are essentially two different generation together but are somehow considered the same generation, which would mean that Gamefreak would have to introduce 140-200+ pokemon where it's basically 70-100+ new pokemon per version but another problem is if your considering pokemon future to take place a similar long time ahead of modern day where evolution has been able to take place then in both games it doesn't make sense for the 809 pokemon that we have already to be found naturally in those games, I mean sure in the past version you could probably get away with having some of the fossil pokemon and the pokemon that have been specifically stated to have been alive for a long time in the past, but it gets to the point to where there would really not be enough old pokemon to fill the gaps.

So basically they might have to introduce like about 600+ pokemon so that you got 300+ brand new pokemon per version to fill the gaps that would be left behind.

Acer11

Does anybody on this forum understand Chinese, Japanese, or Korean? Because I can't understand anything in this Video:

Also, I'm curious about these names on the list:
Lougalop: Lou, Louga, Lop
Wyvreign: Wyv(ern), Reign, Reine

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
My ideal starters would be;

A feminine grass type (haven't had one of those in a long time). Not really sure on the animal but maybe something with fur.

A fire bun for the cuteness and they're my boyfriends favourite animal.

As for water... Eh. I'm pretty chill with anything. Water has always kinda been either my dump starter or the starter I choose when I play the second version with Froakie being the only exception. Maybe something beefy to counterbalance the effeminate Poplio line?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Does anybody on this forum understand Chinese, Japanese, or Korean? Because I can't understand anything in this Video:

Is it anything important?

epicdragon

Good times
Well,it looks like we’ll get our news soon enough,thank goodness it happens during my study hall haha

JC317

Rough Translation:
All of this is answered by a 4chan member called Junka, who claims to be an employee in a company responsible for Nintendo Marketing and Distribution
Grass Starter is a European Badger
The Pokemon Direct is closer to us than to the end of the month
The titles are Pokemon King/Queen, and the cover Pokemon will have a National Dex number of 904/905
The new region will have more Pokemon than Kalos/Alola, but less than Unova
No new Eeveelutions
There will be a standalone Pokemon Direct
Fire Starter is a ram, corresponding to sheep in the Chinese Zodiac
The new game will be more open than traditional games
The Valentine's Day celebrations on Twitter are not related
Water Starter is a Kingfisher
The first gym is entirely up to you
The gimmick is that some Pokemon have ancient souls in their hearts
No Let's Go catching mechanics
Graphics can only be described as beautiful
The games are called King/Queen because royalty plays a huge role in the plot, in particular the legendaries of the games once acted as King/Queen of the region
The evil team's goal is to return the land to the Pokemon and have them rule over the region once again
The region's name will start with the letter M
The games will be released Nov 22, 2019
The region has its inspirations from more than one real world location
The legendaries are based on a wolf (King) and a wyvern (Queen), which are respectively called Lougalop (Fairy/Dark) and Wyvreign (Dragon/Steel)
There is no Elite Four/Champion in the games, the endpoint is completely different
There are cutscenes and a tutorial, but both are skippable
No hints towards Sinnoh remakes
Only two gym leaders are important to the plot
Unsure about rival personality
Only starter can follow player around
Artstyle is not like Let's Go
The game does not break any main series game traditions (?)
The Professor's name is Holly, who is a woman
There's a cute but deadly spider Pokemon
New type combinations, one of which is Grass/Fire
5/6 new Dragon Pokemon
Plenty of post game
A certain detective returns
Fans will be glad about the game
No new regional variants or Mega Evolutions, but they will be in the game
Moped instead of bicycle
New fossil Pokemon
Old moves and items have not been altered
One rival
EVs cannot be passed on
Might get new cross-gen evolutions, one Pokemon looks like a better Tyrogue
Pseudo-legendary is a minotaur
The player character looks really different from the past ones we're used to
There's no similar mechanic to USUM/ORAS where you have a way to catch legendaries from different regions

That's everything in the video. By the way, the video is in Cantonese

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Rough Translation:
All of this is answered by a 4chan member called Junka, who claims to be an employee in a company responsible for Nintendo Marketing and Distribution
Grass Starter is a European Badger
The Pokemon Direct is closer to us than to the end of the month
The titles are Pokemon King/Queen, and the cover Pokemon will have a National Dex number of 904/905
The new region will have more Pokemon than Kalos/Alola, but less than Unova
No new Eeveelutions
There will be a standalone Pokemon Direct
Fire Starter is a ram, corresponding to sheep in the Chinese Zodiac
The new game will be more open than traditional games
The Valentine's Day celebrations on Twitter are not related
Water Starter is a Kingfisher
The first gym is entirely up to you
The gimmick is that some Pokemon have ancient souls in their hearts
No Let's Go catching mechanics
Graphics can only be described as beautiful
The games are called King/Queen because royalty plays a huge role in the plot, in particular the legendaries of the games once acted as King/Queen of the region
The evil team's goal is to return the land to the Pokemon and have them rule over the region once again
The region's name will start with the letter M
The games will be released Nov 22, 2019
The region has its inspirations from more than one real world location
The legendaries are based on a wolf (King) and a wyvern (Queen), which are respectively called Lougalop (Fairy/Dark) and Wyvreign (Dragon/Steel)
There is no Elite Four/Champion in the games, the endpoint is completely different
There are cutscenes and a tutorial, but both are skippable
No hints towards Sinnoh remakes
Only two gym leaders are important to the plot
Unsure about rival personality
Only starter can follow player around
Artstyle is not like Let's Go
The game does not break any main series game traditions (?)
The Professor's name is Holly, who is a woman
There's a cute but deadly spider Pokemon
New type combinations, one of which is Grass/Fire
5/6 new Dragon Pokemon
Plenty of post game
A certain detective returns
Fans will be glad about the game
No new regional variants or Mega Evolutions, but they will be in the game
Moped instead of bicycle
New fossil Pokemon
Old moves and items have not been altered
One rival
EVs cannot be passed on
Might get new cross-gen evolutions, one Pokemon looks like a better Tyrogue
Pseudo-legendary is a minotaur
The player character looks really different from the past ones we're used to
There's no similar mechanic to USUM/ORAS where you have a way to catch legendaries from different regions

That's everything in the video. By the way, the video is in Cantonese

I must say, I am intrigued. I doubt a 7 minute video will showcase much, but the game titles, legendary, starters and the region can easily debunk this claim.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Hmmm....I am hoping for a decent amount of new Pokémon in Gen 8, and I'd be happy to see more megas or more varients.

The games possibly being based on England has me very excited because you know....home country and all that, lol.
I'm not too convinced about a fire type ram/sheep, i just can't picture it being cool. The water Kingfisher though sounds awesome though.

Bring on 2pm!!!!