• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ultra Beast Lover

The snowy city looks beautiful! I generally like snowy places but still, so pretty!

D

Deleted member 384931

It is nice that you will get older pokemon in Shield and Sword

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
In terms of visuals, I think the biggest improvement is the lighting. I don't think the models or textures are particularly improved, but the more realistic lighting makes a huge difference. It's looking good.

Absolutely. I think they learned from S/M and made the lighting look better with the new games. I think they could've benefited from that.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
My favorite place in the trailer was that train tracks cave. It reminded me so much of Kalos (well the whole region does tbh). As for the starters, I really like them. I'm #TeamSobble, but Crookey is really nice too.

Also, really happy to hear that gyms are back.

M.P.

Retired
Looks good so far, but I'm not entirely convinced to buy it yet.

Graphics look great, as does the region.

I'm not a big fan of the starters. Sobble is probably my favorite of the three.

Also, Pokemon Sword's logo somewhat resembles the local Police logo.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Absolutely. I think they learned from S/M and made the lighting look better with the new games. I think they could've benefited from that.

Problem with S/M was the 3DS wasn't powerful enough for it, if they've also managed to get a constant framerate during battle as well then I'm happy.

Xuxuba

What i like:
- The region is colorful and shiny.
- The character's clothes are pretty.
- It's based on the UK.

What i disliked
- The map makes the region look quite linear and small.
- The starters look bland. Not bad, just bland.
- No overworld encounters, which was the one good thing that came out of LGEP.

Overall, seems a lot like SM. Hope it doesn't have as many unnecessary cutscenes as SM did.

@Starters
Too soon to choose since we haven't seen the evolutions.

As of right now, i would say the rabbit.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The game looks gorgeous! The starters are nice too, really split between Scorbunny and Sobble(good thing I can't have a Switch for some time to choose).
The only thing that concerns me is not the possible linearity, design or random encounters. Neither the battle system itself, but there is a problem with it:
We are still getting animations like that, again...

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I really hope these don't beat out Unova as having the worst starters to pick out from. (For me)

Design-wise they look.. not so impressive. The Fire-Starter barely gives off a Fire-Type vibe.
The Grass-Starter's kinda cute, as is the Water-Starter. But eh, I'll give them time.