• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
it's britain flipped upside down. and also wales was deleted.
Yeah I realised. Just like how Kyushu was rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise to create the Hoenn region. Looks like the city based off London is on the top of Galar too.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hm...given how the SM trailers used what eventually turned out to be the Champion theme, I wonder if they're doing the same here...
I'm more of into whether the Champion is male or female. If turns out to be female, as an obvious UK-Queen reference here, the gender ratio will be tied at 50% (4-4). My instinct says the Champion will be male, however.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm more of into whether the Champion is male or female. If turns out to be female, as an obvious UK-Queen reference here, the gender ratio will be tied at 50% (4-4). My instinct says the Champion will be male, however.
Maybe we will get an old Champion who is looking for his/her successor. I know Alder was a bit like this.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Maybe we will get an old Champion who is looking for his/her successor. I know Alder was a bit like this.
Yeah it would be interested how play out in sword and shield.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I swear if Wales isn’t represented somehow I’ll be annoyed!

I’m hoping the mines will be based on Wales since it’s what put us on the map for years! Hoping for a Doctor Who reference too with Looker.

So glad it’s Britain as the new region though! I’ve been saying it for years, I’m hoping there’s a royal family involved somehow where one of the members turns out to be the leader of the evil Team.

neo_senku

From what little we have seen so far my thoughts are as follows. For the good I like the starters, currently favoring scorbunny and grokey, sobble is ok. Region looks interesting so that looks like it will be fun to explore. Im disappointed that overworld pokemon encounters are gone. Im happy we can catch and battle in the traditional style but random encounters are archaic at this point. Im hoping that letting pokemon out of thier pokeball isnt gone but its too early to know yet. Gyms returning im fine with. Trials were ok but what you would do in each one til you got to the totem pokemon was pretty underwhelming imo. Still looking foward to what we will learn about these games moving forward.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I never said I hate it.
That doesn't exactly justify the reason for the empty space. We've seen a couple areas and they're rather too open if you ask me. So much space but with nothing in it. I get that it makes sense for a Pokemon battle, but it was definitely much nicer to see the trainers by their Pokemon's side. As well as more details in the background we saw in previous Pokemon games.
I'd also like to point out that the background in S/M weren't even 3D, they were just 2D textures. Whereas here they've actually updated everything to be completely 3D. Personally, ignoring whether something is 2D or 3D, I really don't see much difference between S/M and S/S besides how big the area is. They're both pretty well equally detailed.

I like that a big part of the gyms in this game look like they will be stadium-like buildings! I think that a big part of real life pokemon competitions would look like the sport events we have now, like a game of football in a stadium!

Just imagine becoming the Champion of this region in a stadium resembling Wembley or Twickenham.. It’ll finally mean something to be champion of the region when 80.000/90.000 people cheer you on, people come to the stadium to see you ‘play’ every week.

I like the style of this game as well. S/M and US/UM looked a lot prettier on an emulator on the pc than it did on the 3DS, so I think that GameFreak can still get a lot out of this engine before they move on to something new!

Grey Wind

I feel like our next info will be revealed with the new CoroCoro (probably more on the starters and maybe 3 other mons) and a trailer soon after that sometime in the first few weeks in March. Trailer probably coming in early mid March, like the 10th. I’m pretty sure we’ll get info March, April, & May.
There's always a long drought of info after the initial reveal, especially in March and April. I wouldn't expect anything other than minor details until May.

I never said I hate it.
That doesn't exactly justify the reason for the empty space. We've seen a couple areas and they're rather too open if you ask me. So much space but with nothing in it. I get that it makes sense for a Pokemon battle, but it was definitely much nicer to see the trainers by their Pokemon's side. As well as more details in the background we saw in previous Pokemon games.
But the trainer's are still by their Pokemon's side? They're just standing further back, I don't see why that makes much of a difference. Also the backgrounds are detailed:
5.jpg

There's an empty space because it would be a mess if they were battling on intricate terrain. I don't see what your issue is.

Nodame

Misty <3
There's always a long drought of info after the initial reveal, especially in March and April. I wouldn't expect anything other than minor details until May.

But the trainer's are still by their Pokemon's side? They're just standing further back, I don't see why that makes much of a difference. Also the backgrounds are detailed:
5.jpg

There's an empty space because it would be a mess if they were battling on intricate terrain. I don't see what your issue is.
Don’t you think LGP graphics was better in the battle area?

Bus

Ah yes, the obvious trainer class of schoolboy standing behind a pokemon in a typical trainer pose is most certainly a bystander, yep.
I was kidding, just incase that didn't come across lol. Sorry, I know this response is late, but I didn't want to not address it lol.

I couldn't see this supposed leak everyone was talking about yesterday, but my friend happened to mention it in a group chat I was in. If tomorrow's 'important update' regarding Mewtwo EVOLUTION ends up showing off this supposed 'Armor Evolution' Mewtwo, I guess that'll be our proof to the truth of that.

I sincerely hope that stuff is false, though. I mean, the rumored pokemon seem to spread multiple generations, not just 1st Gen, but I am really tired of seeing all this love for Charizard. Yeah, he's great and all, but spread the love guys (gamefreak), c'mon.

Ultra Beast Lover

I was kidding, just incase that didn't come across lol. Sorry, I know this response is late, but I didn't want to not address it lol.

I couldn't see this supposed leak everyone was talking about yesterday, but my friend happened to mention it in a group chat I was in. If tomorrow's 'important update' regarding Mewtwo EVOLUTION ends up showing off this supposed 'Armor Evolution' Mewtwo, I guess that'll be our proof to the truth of that.

I sincerely hope that stuff is false, though. I mean, the rumored pokemon seem to spread multiple generations, not just 1st Gen, but I am really tired of seeing all this love for Charizard. Yeah, he's great and all, but spread the love guys (gamefreak), c'mon.
Can't argue with that I mean I adore Charizard, he was one of the few Pokemon that Ash owned that had an arc that didn't end in being released. And Mewtwo combined two of my favorite fictional concepts: cloning and Pokemon and was one of the few Pokemon that had a character arc. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Gamefreak to give these two a break though, they're already powerful they don't need more power.