• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Just a few days till May <33
Soon more news <3

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!

Acer11

There's recently been a "rumor" of a "new" Pokemon called Petromite from 4chan, but I'm not sure on believing it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just saw it. I'm taking with a HUGE grain of salt at this point.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There's recently been a "rumor" of a "new" Pokemon called Petromite from 4chan, but I'm not sure on believing it.

Okay, if you're not believing it, then what's the point of bringing it up here?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's kind of fun to bring up leaks that're probably fake, especially when there's nothing to really talk about.

I would argue that it's only really interesting if there's at least some chance it's real.

That aside, just mentioning a name isn't really providing us with any worthwhile conversation fuel. So even if you do consider it fun to discuss obvious fakes, the post in question was still kind of pointless.

Red and Blue

Wonder what type they would give to a floating lantern? I would say flying, but it could be levitating thanks to Psychic powers. Electric/Psychic would be my guess

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
IMO, it feels... off? Even the animation... and I agree that the fake bug was indeed far more convincing. But anyway, May is upon us. Below is the events for May in the past main game releases starting Gen 6.

May 2018
Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee has been announced.
Gen 8 was also announced.

May 2016
First news for Sun & Moon after being announced in Feb 2016. First trailer contained first gameplay footage, legendaries, boxart, region, starters, and release date.

May 2014
ORAS announced. Boxarts and first gameplay footage shown.

May 2013
First general news for XY (CoroCoro) since its announcement in January 2013. Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed Feb & April 2013 respectively, but it was majorly related to the movie, "Genesect and the Legend Awakened". Anyway, it revealed Fletchling, Gogoat, Pancham & Helioptile, main characters, region name and map, Lumiose City, and trainer customization.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Figures crossed that the villain isn't super obvious this time. Give us like three characters that each have some of the evil team's color on their outfit so that all three can be valid suspects.

Or how about give the character a casual outfit? Seeing Lysandre was just an "Oh gee, I wonder who the villain is." moment.... actually let's just not have the leader have the same hair color as his freaking organization! It worked for Maxie as you knew he was bad the moment you meet him, Lysandre was supposed to be 'good' but there he is rocking Team Flare's colors and has the hair to match... and nobody's the wiser

So long as we get another character on Ghetsis and Guzma's level I'll be happy. I just don't want another team full of nobody's like Team Flare was, I've yet to meet anyone who can actually name all those girls without looking it up. They're so forgettable....

Ultra Beast Lover

Or how about give the character a casual outfit? Seeing Lysandre was just an "Oh gee, I wonder who the villain is." moment.... actually let's just not have the leader have the same hair color as his freaking organization! It worked for Maxie as you knew he was bad the moment you meet him, Lysandre was supposed to be 'good' but there he is rocking Team Flare's colors and has the hair to match... and nobody's the wiser

So long as we get another character on Ghetsis and Guzma's level I'll be happy. I just don't want another team full of nobody's like Team Flare was, I've yet to meet anyone who can actually name all those girls without looking it up. They're so forgettable....
And maybe don't have the opening cutscene show the protagonist getting chased by the supposed good guys or have the leader say stuff like, "I will be the mother to all of the Pokemon."

Agreed on the Team Flare part especially, honestly I've forgotten a lot of our encounters with them.

Orphalesion

That lantern really looks like they put Eevee and Lantern in a blender so....yeah, not real.

Thing is by the time the game releases we will know who the leader of the evil team is, so why really bother trying to be sneaky about it?
Plus the last time they tried to give a character a secret identity that wasn't spoiled by the pre-release (Kukui) they didn't even try to hide it from the player.