• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Is it only me that the Gym 'Masters' tweet was deleted after accidentally being posted; hinting an indirect IG relation with 'Pokémon Masters'? Despite being completely different titles, it makes me wonder if the presence of any credible trainers or Champions will be present in SWSH in a post-game facility.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I find it extremely annoying they chose Rosa of all people to be the gen 5 rep on the art. Like..... why not Alder or N? Or the more popular protagonists Hilbert/Hilda?

I hope we can battle older trainers again in the actual Pokemon game, not a stupid app. I'd love to see characters like Barry, Silver, Hugh, Hau, Gladion/Lillie and even Shauna again and see what they're up to.
And Alder and his grandson would be cool too. We need more Alder

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
It's still possible that Masters part was just a mistake by a new employee and it's actually leaders again.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's still possible that Masters part was just a mistake by a new employee and it's actually leaders again.

That would be an incredibly odd mistake to make. It's not like gym leaders are anything new, and anyone working for Pokémon, even a lowly social media manager, should know what they are. Where would they have even gotten the master term from in the first place?

Yeah, it's not technically impossible that it was a mistake, but it's not really the most plausible possibility.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I think this is a great idea, as well as being able to trade through the mobile app. My only concern is, only certain Pokémon can evolve when traded while holding certain items. Will they allow us to transfer items this go around?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Pokémon Home looks nice! Should trade my Pokémon in Let’s Go Eevee, Go, Ultra Sun, X, and other games (the Gen V games) to SwSh. I will wait to see the news on the 5th though about Sword and Shield so I can see if there are any good Pokémon.

DSDark

Breeder
I think this is a great idea, as well as being able to trade through the mobile app. My only concern is, only certain Pokémon can evolve when traded while holding certain items. Will they allow us to transfer items this go around?

You just might be limited to only getting trade evolutions with home that don't require an item

Aetius

Masters seems interesting to say the least.
I simply hope it won't go full gatcha on us. XD
Either way, I've enjoyed this conference, more than I thought I would.
Home will basically become the next Pokèbank and so far seems to be a good addition.
Still, we don't know much about it, except for what was shown....

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You just might be limited to only getting trade evolutions with home that don't require an item

I wouldn't complain if they just did away with trade items!
It'd certainly make completing the Dex easier for the average person

I have all the Pokemon, but I love challenging myself to complete the regional Dex on my main games without using my old Pokemon
Completing the Let's Go Dex was so easy due to none of that "Trade this with that item" crap that's always been the bane of my existence.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
News about Bank coming to the Switch was what I wanted most from the press conference and we got it! (sort of lol)

I'm willing to bet Home will not be free. The infrastructure for that kind of service doesn't grow on trees. It's more a question of how much it will cost.

Yeah the only reason I could see it possibly being free, is if it's housed on the Switch and so you'll already need the online subscription to use it.
But that still doesn't prevent them from adding an additional cost to run it also.

Here's to hoping. But I don't count on it. I'm betting it'll be another $5 a year. I hope it's not though, since I'm paying that $5 along with $20 for online.

I would guess that since Home will be on mobile that, regardless of if you have switches online service, it will be a separate price but who knows for now.

As much as I would like Home's cost to be included with my Switch online subscription, I'm thinking it is going to be separate and will likely be the method of online trading for the people that don't want to subscribe to Nintendo's online subscription. It would be nice if it was included in the online subscription, but they also allowed for it to be purchased separately for those that don't subscribe. Would be even better if the cost of Home covered Bank so you could continue to use both services for one low price. I do hope this time around we can keep held items attached to our pokemon and eggs can be stored, even if they can only come straight from S&S.

That is exactly what I don't want. I don't want any more simplifying in this series. Completing the pokedex is one of my favorite parts of each new game and it should offer plenty of challenge.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

I have all the Pokemon, but I love challenging myself to complete the regional Dex on my main games without using my old Pokemon
Completing the Let's Go Dex was so easy due to none of that "Trade this with that item" crap that's always been the bane of my existence.
I completely agree with you, those are the most annoying things ever, barely makes sense lore-wise if at all, and makes it that you have fifty extra random items you wont ever use unless you need to evolve a pokemon, and even then it doesn't help you make friends really, half the time people just try and buy two games... They need to at least take away the trade aspect of the evolution if they're going to keep every random item they think of for evolution.

DaijobuPlease

I'm willing to bet Home will not be free. The infrastructure for that kind of service doesn't grow on trees. It's more a question of how much it will cost.
I think it should come with Nintendo Online service. As long as you are paying for that you are paying for that service. Just have to sync your nintendo ID which the pokemon Bank uses. But then again who knows lol

BCVM22

I would also like to not pay additional money for things I use and enjoy. Sadly that is not typically the way of the world.

It’s possible that Home could come out of the NSO fee. It’s definitely not impossible. The assumption should be an extra fee until told differently, is all.

Last edited:

Creyk

Is there a thread for the freshly announced mobile spin-off game "pokemon masters"? It looks intriguing.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member