• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Calling it now, Leon's the main villain.

- The two legendaries look super dumb, especially given the look almost identical.

- I like the new pokemon so far. They're giving me a nice Gen 2 vibe, which I love.

- The goddamn gameplay is amazing, and YES! F**KING CAMERA CONTROLS!

- Dynamax is such a stupid name, but I do like the feature. I can't wait to go online and do some Max Raid Battles. That's gonna be dope.

- It seems like Wild Areas are all throughout the region, so playing this game and exploring is going to be far more fun tha I ever could have imagined.

All in all, I'm pretty pumped for this game. I'm excited to see what else we get, as well as for some realtime gamplay footage at E3.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Looks like I am on Team Sword for this generation, looking forward to add Corviknight on my in-game team (with Sobble as my starter). Great the confirmation of a free moving camera silenced those pessimistic that Pokemon is not going to have them.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Most of what they revealed looks very good. Definitely digging the new Pokémon, return of gyms which seem very high stakes, controllable camera, the large open area with overworld Pokémon, and definitely love the 2 legendaries. However, I'm not exactly fond of the dynamax feature so far.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The Pokemon shown are sooooooooooo good! I am already a fan of both legendaries and the regional bird looks even more cooler and edgier than Staraptor. Seems like the trend of me liking even numbered generations in terms of Pokemon designs continues. Those wide open areas + free camera moving are also awesome.

Not that fan of that giant Pokemon though.

ArtFenix

Short impressions:
- New mons look great, especially the bird!
- Dynamax mechanic is kind of interesting but not that much
- The region looks fantastic so far
- Love the way the overworld is constructed and how you catch Pokemon!
- YOU CAN ROTATE CAMERA in the overworld!
- Legendaries look kinda meh..I mean, separately they look really good but not both at the same time. If one of them was something else, that'd be so much better than wasting both box art legendary Pokemon slots on two twin wolves.
- Box arts look bad. :(
- Can't wait for the games to come out! As usual, I'll get both versions, probably as the double pack. :)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In all that is good of Arceus, wow! I am honestly very surprised, it surpassed a lot of my expectations. I honestly thought they were going to use a slightly upgraded version of Gen 7's graphics because Gen 6 felt like a 3D upgrade to Gen 5's graphics and Gen 4 felt like a slight upgrade of Gen 3's graphics. Not only is it cheaper and easier to work with but they can do the same for potential Diamond & Pearl remakes to lower costs. By extension I was pretty much expecting all that stuff I saw in the trailer by Gen 9, not Gen 8. What I thought was going to end up in another Black & White, instead I saw it in another Gold & Silver, the first Pokemon core series game of the console. Seriously, I did not see this coming. Wow, this is very impressive. I mean it still looks like it's going to be a linear experience but the small sandboxes they created are still impressive. And you know what else is surprising. I've seen a lot of Pokemon fans here on Serebii wishing the rival to be the Champion or be a sibling to the Champion or be a rich kid and they got there wish lol. That is also a big surprise.

+ so far:
- The characters (Champion, Rival, Professors)- I was very close to Champion and Rival being related and almost serving as Royalty.
- General Galar approach towards battles
- The Legendary Wolves. I wanted a wolf legendary forever

- so far
- The whole Giant Battles look a bit boring

The trailer was really great and what I wanted:)
From what I'm getting at, Giant Battles seems to be GameFreak's answers to giving every Pokemon Mega Evolution at the limit of one-turn. Dynamax is definitely Gen 8's unique gimmick.

Grey Wind

I have a lot of thoughts.

In terms of the new Pokemon, they look pretty cool. Corviknight looks awesome, I'm guessing Dark/Flying, or maybe Steel or something. I also really like the turtle, which I'm guessing is some combo of Rock, Dragon and Water. The sheep is cute. The grass things are fairly generic. The legendaries... look kind of bad lol, they're VERY similar and seem a tad over-designed to me. The sword one is definitely the cooler of the two.

The "wild area" is exactly what I wanted from these games, I've been championing dynamic weather for a while and I love seeing so many Pokemon in the overworld. Controllable camera is also very nice. It's frustrating that it seems to be locked to that one area surrounding the lakes, though, because there's really no reason it couldn't be the entire region. I'm tired of GF holding themselves back.

Totally indifferent to dynamax, it's a bit ridiculous to me and I'm getting tired of these gimmicks that only last a generation. The stadiums looks cool though, as do most of the new characters. I'm glad we have another female professor.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Thoughts:
I LOVE the legends. Best legends ever
I LOVE Corviknight, Wooloo, and Drednaw
I don’t care either way about Eldegoss or Gossifleur
Not a fan of dynamaxing. But it’s only three turns so I can live with it
I hope that random wild battles still exist as well as the overworld encounters

Overall, very excited. Can’t wait to see what else lies in Galar :)

DannyDiglett

My first reaction: I really love the new Pokémon and the new characters but the Dynamaxing is just meh... Maybe it needs to grow but I like Mega Evolutions and regional variants much more.

SoulRebel726

I gotta say, I was impressed with the trailer. I'm not sure how I feel about the giant pokemon thing, but I do like that it only lasts for 3 turns, so it's a bit more strategic than mega evolves at least. It seems like "meh" overall as a gimmick though, not super imaginative.

That said, everything else looked fantastic I thought. The crowds for the gym battles, the champion seeming to have a role in society, the wild area looks cool, pokemon appear to be in the overworld, controllable camera confirmed...if they had confirmed a difficulty slider/setting, that would have been everything I could have reasonably hoped for. Not sure how I feel about Hop yet as a rival, but I like that he has some connection to the champion and the region instead of just "here's your neighbor."

Very excited overall, probably more so than after the first direct.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well... that was interesting. I don't even know what to say about Dynamax. That's crazy.

Not a giant fan of both Legendaries looking so similar. They're practically the same Pokémon with slightly different designs.

"Wild space?" Is this an open world? And overworld Pokémon actually are back after all, that's awesome.

Of the new Pokémon, I'm most interested in the dragon and the crow, both look pretty cool.

Not liking the idea of such a major feature as the raid battles being locked behind multiplayer. Hopefully there's some sort of single-player version.

Gym masters seem to not exist after all, now I'm curious as to what caused that mistake.

I will say one thing about Dynamax, it should be fun for the anime.

All-in-all, things are looking very interesting.
I'm no fan of Max Raid Battles, but it looks like we can fight with people around the world and not just locally. It looks like there isn't a single-player version. I wish there was as well.

Am I the only one that feels like Dynamax is a little... boring? It's literally just your Pokémon double the size and double the power. That's it?
I feel the same way. It's ok, but just that. Was hoping for something more interesting.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The Wild Area felt like Zelda: BoTW. The overworld Pokémon, calm nature, whistling Pokémon, the explorable size and camera options. I'm already a fan of Max Raid Battles with that size of map incorporated with multiplayer. Pokémon and Character designs were also great.

By the way, am I the only one noticed Drednaw looks literally the pre-evolution of Druddigon and was so excited when James Turner told 'some Pokémon evolve' as a reference to it?

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Oh BOI so much to go over

+We got introduced to the professor and her assistant
+Rival introduced to be younger brother
+Champion revealed pretty damn early actually. Something has to be up. They've never really done this for a champion except for remakes.
+Controllable Camera
+Water Bikes/ Flying Taxi. NO MORE HMS and I'm glad they're gone for good
+Wild Area seems to have roaming pokemon around. Wonder if they're interactable?
+Legendaries look lit. Going for Sheild now definitely. I prefer the armor. Also a fan of the colors.
+Giant battles looks pretty crazy to me. Seems like buffed Totem Battles from gen 7. 3 turns is the limit but I figured it had to be to prevent them from being OP. Will experiment with it when I get the chance. The Kaiju influence is real. Lol
+New Pokemon look great. Having a non-Japanese art director will be pretty interesting. The last we really saw for a majority of Turner's work was gen 5 and the Ultra Beasts so I'm down
+Gyms are stadiums. Makes sense to me considering gyms should never be empty in the first place. I want to see how much damage Dynamax actually does though. Just to see how OP it is.
+Game looks pretty great. For a game set in the country the open areas make a lot of sense in all honesty. I'm glad they are taking advantage of the environment.
+The cities looks pretty steam punkish. There's so much to go over.

Will admit I didn't expect the Kaiju-like battles, but it seems like fun. I'm just wondering how OP it will be.

I really dislike the way the Dynamax-feature looks, and I really hope that it’s not going to instakill all my Pokemon ‘cause I refuse to use it.. It look terrible, but I love all the rest! The game looks great and I can’t wait to see more of this game.

I am really excited about the wildlands(?), and I can’t wait to see how many Pokemon we’ll be able to catch there. The Steelix and the Tyranitar looked so amazing!

The reveal of the legendary made me want to buy Shield instead of Sword (which I wanted to get based on the name and logo), so I guess the version exclusives will make the difference for me! Altough I am probably buying them both anyway..

I hope that Gamefreak doesn’t show much more than what they’ve shown now. I don’t them to give everything away this time..

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I just hope Hydreigon and Tyranatar are in the game so I can make Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah a thing.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Weren't Digimon mostly supposed to be armoured humaniods in their final forms? With random weaponry thrown in.

Wooloo is so cute. Also, I like Corviknight.

I wonder if it's possible to beat Dynxmaxed 'mons without using Dynxmax... I did got through previous games without using Mega/Z-moves. I bet it'll be harder. lol