• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I question anyone who says good riddance because they find a Pokèmon insignificant because you don’t like it for whatever reason (its presence in the meta, its looks, you just not having any sentiments towards it etc). I’m sure there’s someone out there who has a level 100 Simisear ready to go and they shouldn’t have to be excluded while everyone else gets to enjoy seeing their favorites

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
The deal about no Mega evolutions or Z-moves in Sword and Shield might be based on a miss translation / miss interpretation

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bzhd9i/they_might_keep_mega_evolutions_and_zmoves_in_swsh/

"So Dynamaxing is actually a new way to power up your Pokemon in these games, and replaces what we've seen previously, for example like Mega evolutions or Z-moves."

This is what the English interpreter translated what Ohmori said

and this is what Ohmori said

"これまで メガ進化・Z技って要素があったんですけど、今作ポケモンがパワーアップする新要素として入ったのがこのダイマックスです。 "

->So we had features such as Mega evolution and Z-moves, and Dynamaxing was added as a new power-up feature in this game

He didn't say Dynamaxing REPLACES the previous features, so I'm guessing the English interpreter just mistranslated what Ohmori said, and they are keeping the previous features in the new game

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
That's exactly my thoughts about Dynamaxing as well. It will still be a case that only the most die-hard Ledian fans will use it because just about every single other bug Pokémon is better an will continue to be better as they can Dynamax as well. Mega Evolutions weren't perfect but at least well thought out ones transformed Beedrill, Lopunny and Mawile from being junk to strong Pokémon.

If they were truly interested in balance then they would look at giving the weaker Pokémon stat boosts, new abilities, strong signature moves or a combination of the three. Dodrio would be vastly improved by giving it Scrappy as an ability whilst Zangoose would become a lot more powerful by having Speed Boost. Dynamaxing isn't going to change a thing.

Some pokemon like Dodrio don't need stat boosts, mega evolutions or a new ability. They just need another regular evolution altogether. I really miss cross-gen evos so much. I remember when Gen 4 pokemon were being gradually revealed and we saw Weavile, Magmortar etc. It was the perfect blend of old and new pokemon. I've grown to like Mega Evolutions but I've always much preferred cross-gens and I'm sad they haven't released one in the last 3 gens outside of Sylveon.

I also don't get why they have been discontinued. I mean if you are gonna make new pokemon anyway why can't some of them be evolutions of old pokemon that make it adapt to the region better. Having a couple of those per gen would be a win-win situation because you make meta-irrelevant pokemon relevant again, you give something to both players who like older pokemon and players who want new pokemon and you are also making things easier for your pokemon designers because they don't have to start completely from scratch for at least a few of the designs. Gens 2 and 4 were my favorite gens.

Gurk

Something I don't understand is... they cannot expect to get away with certain pokemon being locked for two games straight, right? So, anyone would assume that SwSh aren't going to be the only mainline Pokemon games on the Switch, and anyone would assume that future games would use completely the same assets as in SwSh.

So my point is, they are going to most likely have all the Pokemon modeled and animated during next game the latest... why exactly did they implement this nonsense rule that future games would follow a regional pokedex, instead of having everyone available at some point of the game? Unless they are really going to have numerous Pokemon completely out of the games for two games straight... and that would be a complete disaster on their part.

I have a lot of issues with this, but it still won't affect how I play the game. I like having a new team every time, but I completely understand the negative reaction, ESPECIALLY when one of the reasons for this decision, aka high quality animations, I've not seen it. And I would understand animations being a reason why not every pokemon is included, but I've seen no proof of these amazing animations.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
Something I don't understand is... they cannot expect to get away with certain pokemon being locked for two games straight, right? So, anyone would assume that SwSh aren't going to be the only mainline Pokemon games on the Switch, and anyone would assume that future games would use completely the same assets as in SwSh.

So my point is, they are going to most likely have all the Pokemon modeled and animated during next game the latest... why exactly did they implement this nonsense rule that future games would follow a regional pokedex, instead of having everyone available at some point of the game? Unless they are really going to have numerous Pokemon completely out of the games for two games straight... and that would be a complete disaster on their part.

I have a lot of issues with this, but it still won't affect how I play the game. I like having a new team every time, but I completely understand the negative reaction, ESPECIALLY when one of the reasons for this decision, aka high quality animations, I've not seen it. And I would understand animations being a reason why not every pokemon is included, but I've seen no proof of these amazing animations.

Btw, the treehouse video is still on fire and in fact things are heating up even more. Yesterday it was at a 40% dislike rate, now it has more than 5x as many views and the dislike ratio has gone up to like 66%. That's insane. More than half a million people have watched it and 2/3rds seem to dislike it. At least of those who care enough to rate it. I still naively hope that might get them to roll the remaining pokemon in an update or at least include them for the next game.

I wish the interviewers asked Masuda a tough but fair question like "So you can send pokemon from Bank, Go, Let's Go and Sw/Sh to Home but you can only send pokemon from Home to Sw/Sh. Do you have any plans for the remaining pokemon that are stuck on Home and can't be sent anywhere else?"

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Well, they've already revealed over 180 pokemom for the Galar Regional Dex so far, and the major gameplay trailer was released only a week ago. If that's anything to go by, we can expect a rather large roster.

I'm hoping for maybe 500 pokemon. 600 would be nice, though. Sun and Moon's 301 was just too small.

I'm definitely hoping that they're still generous with the number of Pokemon appearing. Every time they have had an announcement, they mention how large the variety of Pokemon is in SwSh, so I hope that's the case. I'll probably be disappointed in anything less than 600 or 650. Honestly, I'll probably be disappointed with at least some cuts regardless of the roster size.

I question anyone who says good riddance because they find a Pokèmon insignificant because you don’t like it for whatever reason (its presence in the meta, its looks, you just not having any sentiments towards it etc). I’m sure there’s someone out there who has a level 100 Simisear ready to go and they shouldn’t have to be excluded while everyone else gets to enjoy seeing their favorites

Replying because I feel like this is in part a response to my post. Speaking as someone who has a shiny Pidgeot and Staraptor lying around somewhere, even after my previous post I'll be sad to not see them in HD. I adore Swellow and Staraptor, even though I admit that I don't use them much outside of Hoenn and Sinnoh. Heck, the shiny Slakoth that I caught in Go last weekend was going to immediate go to SwSh upon Home's release. I have my Blaziken from Emerald that I cleared my first league with in Bank ready to move up. I'd hate to see them not transferable, and I'm really sad for anyone whose favorite Pokemon is cut. It feels like a slap to the face to my love of collecting all of these Pokemon. All I was saying with my post was giving an idea of what they could cut for least impact. No cut will come without hurt feelings, and it's a scary precedent, but hopefully every Pokemon will still make it into HD in this generation at least.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Someone copy + paste the interview so I don’t have to turn adblock off and make USGamer earn money. I am curious about the words in this!
It's a lengthy one, so in the spoiler to avoid page stretching:

The Pokemon Sword and Shield Interview: "We Knew at Some Point We Weren't Going to be Able to Keep Indefinitely Supporting All of the Pokemon"

We talk to Game Freak about the battle potential of Dynamax, the decision to narrow the number of available Pokemon, and the move into a new era.

Eric Van AllenNews Editor

Additional contributions by Kat Bailey

06/12/2019

Pokemon Sword and Shield is a big moment of transition for the long-running monster training franchise.. For the first time ever, a mainline generation will be available on a dedicated console. That means all manner of things for the series, from how it handles random encounters, to the decision to pare back the number of Pokemon that can be transferred through the new Pokemon Home app.

To get an idea of what to expect from this generation, we sat down with director Shigeru Ohmori and producer Junichi Masuda to talk about the implementation of the new Dynamax forms; the potential of Sword and Shield's postgame, and the decision to stick exclusively with the Galar Region Pokedex. One takeaway: Game Freak is keenly aware of the opportunities and challenges of moving to the Nintendo Switch. It truly is a new era for the series.

Read on for our full E3 2019 interview with Masuda and Ohmori about where Pokemon Sword and Shield right now, and where it's going in the future.

USG: So, to start off: Bringing Pokemon to the Nintendo Switch, what were some of the things you wanted to do with the extra power and the extra things you can do with something like the Nintendo Switch compared to a handheld?

Shigeru Ohmori, Director: So with Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee being the first games we developed for the Nintendo Switch, we did a lot of technical exploration and experimentation, and we learned a lot. We were able to use those two games as a kind of a base for developing Pokemon Sword and Shield, and really taking advantage of the hardware even more. One of the things we really wanted to challenge ourselves with this time is since we have much higher resolution and we can put them on the big screen, we could finally really show the difference in size between Pokemon. That was one of the reasons we decided to try the Dynamax feature, which has Giant Pokemon appearing, and the Wild Area, which is a big, open area, which is something we wouldn't have been able to do with the previous hardware.

Talking about the Dynamax, how do you feel that changes the way players are going to approach Pokemon, and what sort of opportunities did that add for you to change the way people play Pokemon battles?

SO: It's going to add a whole new layer, a tactical element to the battles. We've had power-up gameplay features like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves in the past, but Dynamax is something that can be used with any Pokemon in the game. So that gives the chance for any Pokemon to shine in battle. It also kind of creates a situation where you have to read your opponent, because you don't know which Pokemon they're going to power up in battle.

480p low geselecteerd als afspeelkwaliteit1080p geselecteerd als afspeelkwaliteit

• Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Gameplay Trailer - Dynamax and Raids

00:00

|

03:35

Watch on YouTube
Looking at the Galar Region, why did you look to the UK specifically for inspiration, and what do you feel are the defining characteristics of the UK that you wanted to bring to bring across in the Galar Region?

SO: It kind of ties in to the main scene we have for the game, which is this idea of being the strongest or the greatest. Being on the Nintendo Switch, I wanted to really challenge myself to create the greatest Pokemon experience yet using all the hardware power we didn't have before. I've been to the UK on trips, and I just get a kind of sense of strength and greatness from the region, you know, the home of the Industrial Revolution, and all these people trying to aim for greatness. We translated some of that feeling into the Galar Region.

You may also like

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Drops the Iconic Weapon Triangle. Here’s What That Means for the Gameplay

We go hands-on with much-anticipated Switch version of the classic tactics series.

And for Max Raids, did you look to Pokemon Go for inspiration the raid battles that are in that? And what do you feel you're going to do with Pokemon Sword and Shield that'll take Max Raids to the next level?

SO: I think both features were being developed around the same time, both the Pokemon Go raid battles and and Max Raid battles while we were working on development of the game. Really with a similar goal of having more ways for players to kind of play with each other. Specifically, what we wanted to do with Max Raid battles was give a cooperative battle experience. You can always battle against friends, but that kind of PvP-oriented competitive play can be intimidating to some players. We wanted to offer an experience where you can easily get a friend and have them join you on something where you can challenge a really strong opponent and have a good time.

What do you envision the end game and single player post-game content is going to be like in terms of what people can do after they beat the campaign? A lot of people want to play a little bit longer, so what do you plan to do? Are you looking at additional updates or anything like that?

SO: I can't really say too much today, of course, but I do want to say it's not just the story, and then you're done with the game. We've got a lot of content for players to enjoy after they finish the story. Also, for players who are really big fans of the battle system and the competitive scene, there's going to be a lot for them to engage with.

On the Decision to Limit Pokemon Sword and Shield to the Galar Pokedex
Looking at some news that came out yesterday, there are some limitations on the Pokemon Bank. Only the Galar region Pokedex is only going to be accessible. Can you walk me through why that decision was made, and why you think it's important to have that limitation?

Junichi Masuda, Producer: There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there's going to be more added in these games. And now that they're on the Nintendo Switch, we're creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it's coming down to the battle system. We're making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine.

We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system. It isn't just going to be all-new Pokemon in the Galar region Pokedex; there's still going to be a lot of favorites that fans will be able to bring over that they've adventured with previously. But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing and getting this optimal selection of Pokemon for the adventure we wanted to provide.

480p low geselecteerd als afspeelkwaliteit1080p geselecteerd als afspeelkwaliteit

• Pokémon Direct June 5, 2019 - Complete Pokemon Sword and Shield Presentation

00:00

|

16:42

Watch on YouTube
Can you tell me about that selection process, like deciding which Pokemon you wanted ported forward, how much of that had to do with fan favourites versus balancing out the types and abilities?

JM: There are definitely a lot of factors. The primary focus was the setting of the game. We have the Galar Region, and we spent a lot of time discussing which Pokemon would make sense in that region. We kind of selected from there. But we also selected types that make sure the battles are balanced and really provide this exciting kind of battle experience.

You may also like

Entire The Witcher 3: Complete Edition Will Fit on the Notoriously Small Switch Cartridge

Saber Interactive found a way to get The Witcher 3, and all the expansions in a single cartridge.

Do you see Sword and Shield being a kind of jumping off point for the future of the Pokemon series? Because you're not only launching Sword and Shield, but also Pokemon Home, Pokemon Bank, and a lot of things coming up around it. Does this feel like a new era in the Pokemon series?

JM: I think it might be fair to say it's not a transition, but for example, at Game Freak, Ohmori-san is the director for these games, so we're passing on a lot of responsibility to the younger generation to kind of move the franchise forward. Also, being on the Nintendo Switch allows new play styles, not just handheld, but also on the TV screen. I think it's definitely going to represent a new chapter for Pokemon.

On Whether Pokemon Sword and Shield Takes Inspiration From Breath of the Wild
I want to ask a question about Pokemon Sword and Shield's Wild Regions, the big open areas. Was there influence that inspired you to create that sort of stuff? Because when I look at things like Breath of the Wild, I feel immediately like I see some Breath of the Wild influence there.

SO: I think lots of games have their take on this idea of having a more open area, and we just kind of wanted to come back and see what would make the most sense for Pokemon if we were to do an open area that takes advantage of the Nintendo Switch hardware. We tried a variety of things to come to the Wild Area. For example, one of the things you saw is we now have camera control, something we avoided in the past, but we feel like for the younger generation of kids these days, it's a natural thing to be able to control a camera where that maybe wasn't the case in the past. So doing a variety of things in that area that just make sense for Pokemon.

Pokemon Sword and Shield's Wild Areas are reminiscent of Breath of the Wild. | Nintendo
And when you look at things like gym battles, I played the demo earlier, and the gym battles are so much more: There's a sense of scale to it, there's a stadium, there's the roaring crowd, things like that. Is it important to you as you move up through these consoles that you're having this escalation of scale where Pokemon feels bigger? I remember Red and Blue, and you just kind of fight a guy in a room, and now you have these big stadiums that are happening. So is that sense of scale important to communicate Pokemon as a world and not just a game?

SO: Yeah, definitely. I think moving to Switch, the kind of expressive capabilities of the hardware compared to the past is a dramatic increase. Being able to play the games on the TV, we really put a lot into making sure the visuals are appealing, they're pretty to look at, and they're impressive to the player. Like you said, making it feel like a world increases that sense of immersiveness. We put a lot of focus on it.

There's been a lot of focus on collaborative play as well. I mentioned the raid battles already, but it really feels like this one is trying to do a lot of multiplayer things. Was it important that Pokemon also be a cooperative as well as a competitive game? And how much did you weigh those two sides of Pokemon?

SO: Yeah, I think it's more of a sense of getting a lot of players to play together. Maybe not necessarily cooperatively, but playing together in a game world, a shared kind of space, almost. One of the cool things about Nintendo Switch is obviously you can take it with you. So you go out and maybe go to a friend's house and you can cooperate together like "Oh, let's do a match now," and you take on this really strong Pokemon. But communication has always been a central theme to Pokemon, so having more ability to communicate, not just through traditional features but also talking to each other while going up against a single opponent—that kind of cooperative stuff is definitely the focus.

What are you most excited for players to experience in the game?

SO: It's hard to choose just one, but for me it's the Wild Area. Also, if you connect to the internet when you're in the Wild Area, you see a lot of other players from around the world. It really does feel like you're playing alongside all these other players. It's kind of a new thing for Pokemon. You can of course use the feature to invite them to trade or battle. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

You may also like

Riot Games Is Launching Teamfight Tactics, Its Own 'Auto Chess,' Later This Month

The developers of League of Legends are stepping into the autobattler ring.

When you look at the future of Pokemon, we've seen it kind of evolve past being a game on the Game Boy to moving to mobile to moving to Switch to moving to movies like Detective Pikachu. Do you see the horizons of Pokemon continuing to expand? What's an area you would want to experiment with?

JM: I think there are quite a few horizons we'd like to challenge. I think there's a lot to look forward to in the future. Even in the past few years we've seen a lot of advances in technology and I think we're going to see a lot of new technologies that allow for ways to be creative in fields that just weren't possible before. I think that Pokemon will always be trying to take advantage of new technologies. So things to look forward to, for sure.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm definitely hoping that they're still generous with the number of Pokemon appearing. Every time they have had an announcement, they mention how large the variety of Pokemon is in SwSh, so I hope that's the case. I'll probably be disappointed in anything less than 600 or 650. Honestly, I'll probably be disappointed with at least some cuts regardless of the roster size.

Replying because I feel like this is in part a response to my post. Speaking as someone who has a shiny Pidgeot and Staraptor lying around somewhere, even after my previous post I'll be sad to not see them in HD. I adore Swellow and Staraptor, even though I admit that I don't use them much outside of Hoenn and Sinnoh. Heck, the shiny Slakoth that I caught in Go last weekend was going to immediate go to SwSh upon Home's release. I have my Blaziken from Emerald that I cleared my first league with in Bank ready to move up. I'd hate to see them not transferable, and I'm really sad for anyone whose favorite Pokemon is cut. It feels like a slap to the face to my love of collecting all of these Pokemon. All I was saying with my post was giving an idea of what they could cut for least impact. No cut will come without hurt feelings, and it's a scary precedent, but hopefully every Pokemon will still make it into HD in this generation at least.
Nah it wasn’t a response to your post (I agree with what you’re saying actually). I just don’t like how people think it’s ok to just denounce any Pokèmon that’s not in their immediate favorites as if they’re the only player

Orphalesion

What does kinda scare me about this situation is... if GF is really of the opinion that they "can't support every Pokemon indefinitely" that it could mean that this generation might be even smaller than the last two, and that future generations could shrink further as to not create further Pokemon that "can't be supported".
I don't mind not having all old Pokemon around, but if one day we're getting a generation with just 20-30 Pokemon, 9 of which are starters+evos and 6 more of which are legends/mythical/other event crap. That would be a reason for me not to buy the game.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm hoping this gen lasts for 4-5 years now that Pokemon is on the switch and I feel that they'll need more time to develop games now. I think that yearly releases need to end so that the upcoming games can have better quality and effort put into their development.

I agree with this.

I know Masuda said he doesn't like keeping fans waiting, but when it comes to quality content, fans don't mind waiting.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping this gen lasts for 4-5 years now that Pokemon is on the switch and I feel that they'll need more time to develop games now. I think that yearly releases need to end so that the upcoming games can have better quality and effort put into their development.

Agreed, but only if we finally get DP remakes this saga.
I can't stand waiting another 5 years for that, once DP is out then there really is no need for remakes anymore.

Orphalesion

But If we have to wait 4-5 years between generations I'd want them to go back to giving us at least 100 new Pokemon each generation. Can't live on 75 for 5 years....

Baggie_Saiyan

Am I remembering right the SM team are working on this right? While the young team were working on USUM? I honestly would just let that young team handle the games from now one (story aside) USUM was a very good improvement over SM.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
But as others noted, that may simply NOT be an option. Pokemon is more than just the video games, its also the card games, the anime, other merchandise, etc. And those can only go on for so long before they require new content (and the games are the source for that).

What does kinda scare me about this situation is... if GF is really of the opinion that they "can't support every Pokemon indefinitely" that it could mean that this generation might be even smaller than the last two, and that future generations could shrink further as to not create further Pokemon that "can't be supported".
I don't mind not having all old Pokemon around, but if one day we're getting a generation with just 20-30 Pokemon, 9 of which are starters+evos and 6 more of which are legends/mythical/other event crap. That would be a reason for me not to buy the game.
I don't see how not carrying over all old pokemon would lead to reducing the number of new pokemon. Most likely the number of new ones can stay pretty consistent, while the roster of returning old ones would change each game. One idea behind this after all is to let new pokemon "shine" rather than be outclassed, so its likely the number of new pokemon will take priority over how many old ones get to return.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master

Honestly i think it could mean the opposite. They've reached the point where they feel like they can't fit all of them in and they have accepted that and changed things to fit that. With that however , it also means that they don't have to worry about the overall number of total pokemon. Since they are limiting the total amount and looking at pokemon that fit the region, it could possibly mean that we'll have a larger amount of new pokemon compared to gen 6/7. Pure speculation ofcourse, but it's something to think about.

Grey Wind

Am I remembering right the SM team are working on this right? While the young team were working on USUM? I honestly would just let that young team handle the games from now one (story aside) USUM was a very good improvement over SM.
USUM was an improvement because they already had SM to work with. One team isn't any better than the other, and there's definitely overlap between them.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Ignoring the current dama, I'll just post the likely pre-release schedule like always:
*Late-June(last week of June and so): So far we don't have the regional bug, rodent, bird, as well as Pikaclone, regional fish, and regional Fire, as the latter especially should be revealed around that period or early July. These guys are obviously worthless, but they might have rare or new type combinations, which would be important to note for. We also don't have the legendaries' types, signature moves and Abilities, which should be revealed soon-ish.
*July: Generally second month is when our early Fighting-type is revealed (Bewear in July, Pancham in June, Pangoro in July) and we see a fair amount of Fairies(Mimikyu and Comfey in July, Flabébé in June, Swirlix and Spritzee in July) but since we already have our early Fairy(Impidimp) we will likely see our early or mid-game Ghost instead(Mimikyu and Honedge were both revealed in July).
*August: This is when Z-Moves and Mega Evolution were announced. Third month is also when evil team and the animé series is generally announced(though that might be next month, see September 2016), so there is going to be a lot here. This is also when VGCs will be in their finals, so we will get obligatory opening ceremony announcement here as well. Since cross-generational evolutions and regional variants are rumored to be coming back, this should be when we get the first taste of them.
*September: Fourth month generally doesn't have anything specific, but being historically the release month, new Pokémon tend to appear here. But overall nothing too big here. Maybe one pair of version exclusives?
*October: Penultimate month. This is generally reserved for evolutions, especially the starter ones. Penultimate month(September for XY) was also when Fossils were revealed, so chances are it will be the same here or the previous month. If the cross-generational evolutions are back, this will when they will open the floodgates with them(see August 2006).
*November: Game will go gold and will be leaked before the release. But in the recent years, third legendary has been shown in the release month or the month after. Being the release month, this will largely cover the post-game stuff, so there won't be much here.

Stuff remaining that doesn't have a specific release date for:
*Early Psychic:
This tends to appear in Summer, but which month we won't know. Since this is an even generation, our early Psychic should be low BST two stager(see Natu/Mime Jr./Espurr for reference).
*Early Ground: Also tends to be Summer, generally August(see August 2016 for Mudsdale and August 2010 for Drilbur/Moguryu). Our early Ground is almost always two staged, so there isn't much to expect here, except for it to exist unlike Kalos, that is.
*Post-game facility: Tends to be revealed late, but generally revealed before the release(except for Kalos). Battle Tree was revealed in October, and that seems to be decent and recent enough reference date.
*Regional dog/cat: Not really an "archetype", but a common theme that happens. Regional cat/dog tend to fall into existing categories(Rockruff is Gen 7's early Rock-type, Purrloin is Gen 5's Poochyena/early Dark etc.) but they are marketable, so they appear early. We already Yapper as our early Electric(Pikachu/Mareep/Electrike/Shinx etc.), so chances are our regional cat will be either our early Dark or early Psychic again.
*Early Rock: This one is a wild one. Roggenrola was revealed in early September 2010(with Gigalith being revealed August 2010) and Rockruff was revealed in August 2016, so this can appear any time, probably sooner than later, though. But since we're most likely getting fossils, this might either not exist, or might be post-release reveal like Alolan Geodude, who shares the early Rock-type spot with Rockruff.
*Late Ice: This generally appears, except for Kalos, though in Kalos's case it did exist(Bergmite), we just didn't saw it early on. If there is a more mid-game Ice-type like Amaura, this probably won't appear.
*Late Dragon: This is another conundrum. While Noivern was introduced early on, Noibat's stats suggests it was meant to appear much earlier, and of course Alola famously broke the trend by revealing our pseudo so early. This is a "we'll wait and see", case.
*Various gimmick monsters(including form changing ones): Since most gimmicks tend to mimic existing archetypes, we can't say when they'll be revealed unless we know what they are. Other than they will exist, that we can say.
*Other rivals: Another somewhat inconsistent reveal. Most likely they will be revealed in June or September to avoid being drowned by August's infodump, but that's a huge time difference, so IDK.
*Regional mascot: In other words, the Arcanine/Absol/Lucario/Zoroark/Lycanroc of the generation. The cool aloof (generally) canid. Yamper's evolution might be it, given how it appears in the stadiums, but that is unlikely.
*One of the mid-game Gym Leaders: Ash needs travelling companions, which tend to be either early Gyms or mid-game ones(except famously Iris, who was merely the youngest). Since we already have what seems to be the first two, others should follow suit.

Other stuff that might appear if they exist:
*Secondary and tertiary bugs:
Again, generic early route fodder. If they exist, we'll most likely see them.
*Mid-game elementals: In other words, mid-game Fire, Electric, Grass and Water. While we won't necessarily see all of them, some of them might appear, again, if they exist.
*Secondary early Grass: There doesn't seem to be any counterpart or colleague to Gossifleur like Lurantis was for Tsareena, but if there is, it will be revealed.
*Mid-game Fighting: Scraggy was revealed early, same goes for Croagunk, so if there is one, we'll see it.
*Secondary Bird: If Corviknight is our regional bird, that is. Otherwise, it already is this.
*Mid-game Steel: Again, if Corviknight is not our regional bird, then we will likely get another Steel for the Gyms 3-5. If there is no such Steel for early or mid-game, then it won't be revealed, unless it is the pseudo.
*Mid-game Dragon: While Kalos technically didn't have this(Tyrunt is a Fossil, Skrelp fills the regional fish quote alongside its version counterpart Clauncher) both Druddigon and Drampa/Turtonator were released early, though Drampa is technically found in the end-game unlike its counterpart.
*Late-game filler: Your Ursarings, your Donphans, your Trevenants etc. Stuff that appears in the final routes of the game, but have relatively generic types. Since we don't have Victory Road, such a thing might not necessarily exist, but if it does, we will see a few them.
*Evolutions and pre-evolutions of the revealed stuff: Besides the starters, we don't have a specific date for the evolutions of the pre-release mons, so you can go wild with the speculation. Generally speaking the evolutionary relatives appear about a month or two later, so you can fill in your wildest dreams for July. Obviously all of them are not guaranteed to appear, but in the last few gens they tend do so.

For reference, we already have:
*Generational gimmick (Dynamax)
*Early Fairy/Dark (Impidimp)
*Early Electric (Yamper)
*Early secondary Normal (Wooloo)
*Early terrestrial Water (Dreadnaw)
*???(Corviknight)
*One of the rivals (Hop)
*Professor and their assistant (Magnolia and Sonia)
*Starters (Scorbunny, Sobble, Grookey)
*Mascot legendaries (Zacian, Zamazenta)
*And the Champion (Leon)