• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Yeah, I'm gonna have to shut this one down.

Gen 3 had more mega evolutions than all the other gens:

Gen 1: 13
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 20
Gen 4: 5
Gen 5: 1
Gen 6: 1

So let's stop that one, yeah?

In other news, it seems I've gotten over the 'no transfer' bit a lot faster than I expected. It's likely due to the fact that I seldom transfer anyway.

As I always say, we all have a choice to make. We can either accept the change(s) being made, or not participate. I'm not gonna let a few missing favorites keep me from enjoying what is potentially a great game.

I believe people while saying this also take into account that many of Hoenn Megas appeared on ORAS and not X/Y as well as the fact that only Kanto pokemon (Mewtwo and Charizard to make it worse) got 2 Megas. Combine this with the fact that only Kanto Pokemon got Alolan Forms and only pokemon from Kanto (besides Alolan ones) got signature Z-moves makes some people fed up already.

I didn't like the idea of Megas in general (half should've been normal evolutions instead) so I'm rather indifferent on this but the fact that Charizard woll most likely get another form drives me mad. If I get Pokemon Sword/Shield, defeating Leon's Charizard will be extremely sattisfying.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Charizard might not even be Leon's ace. It might be some Galar Pokemon that has yet to be revealed.

It's still not a counterargument. It was not Lance's Ace in gen 2 and still it made me unhappy. I believe I already replied this to you - I do not see a point in promoting past gen pokemon. Especially if the Pokemon does not need promoting. And Charizard does not for sure.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
It's still not a counterargument. It was not Lance's Ace in gen 2 and still it made me unhappy. I believe I already replied this to you - I do not see a point in promoting past gen pokemon. Especially if the Pokemon does not need promoting. And Charizard does not for sure.

No, I think it actually works here. I don't think it's about promoting as much as it is spoiler territory. We really don't know anything about the story or what will happen and I'd honestly prefer that they didn't spoil everything about the champion's team. I don't think Charizard is his ace either because they've never shown us a champion this early and that they probably don't want to spoil a Pokemon we haven't seen yet. I think it s up for debate.. yes Charizard is a popular Pokemon. But in this case I think it works as filler if the legendaries get involved story wise with the champion.

Like, N in B/W getting Reshiram/Zekrom was a big moment. Yet they were smart enough to give him a rotating team. I think think this is one of those cases.

Phillies

While I highly doubt this will happen, my wife and I were both briefly discussing the exclusion of Mega Evolutions from Sw/Sh, and my thought was that they should preserve the designs and models somehow. Maybe over time and exposure to the energy, the Pokémon adapted and those became true evolutions, but require a bit more to acquire. Higher levels, friendship levels (example: my wife said for Beedrill, a higher level like 50 to get the Mega evolution).

Another option would be to use the mega evolution designs in the X/Y remakes to make Kalos form Pokemon. This wouldn't work for all of them but could be done with most of them. It would mostly be a problem for the legendary Pokemon, Charizard, Kangaskhan and Audino and even some of those could be worked around.

Last edited:

Shingamon

The flying flame
Is it just me, or the region (from what we've seen so far) seems quite rural? I know, there are these 2 big cities, but aside from these..
For example, Kalos and Unova had lots of towns and cities
A lot of the UK is actually more rural than people realise, i like that is shown through this and to me it gives the idea that not everywhere is densely populated like i feel it is in some games. plus it gives more reason for the sheep and pastoral pokemon that we've seen in the pokedex so far more grounding to be there as apposed to just being dex fillers. just my opinion though.

like one of the train journies i have to regularly make is 2 hours of just fields and i love that

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
The Pokémon I'm expecting them to cut include:

- The Tapu's (Because of their lore in the Alola region and wouldn't fit in a region based on the UK)
- The Lake Guardians Azelf, Uxie and Mespritt (Saving for the Gen 4 remakes)
- Solgaleo (Too much connected with the Alola region's mythos)
- Lunala (Too much connected with the Alola region's mythos)
- Necrozma (Too much connected with the Alola region's mythos)
- Arceus (Saving for the Gen 4 remakes)
- Dialga (Saving for the Gen 4 remakes)
- Palkia (Saving for the Gen 4 remakes)
- Giratina (Saving for the Gen 4 remakes)
- Lumineon line

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Especially considering that Gigantamaxing is just Dynamaxing but with added form changes. It's essentially Mega Evolution under a new name.
Mega evolution was a great concept that failed hard in its delivery by mostly pandering to popular pokémon who were already good enough.

Dynamaxing seems to be an improve on Z-Moves, taking all of its good things and tweaking a bit while changing its visual presentation into something more polished.
If Gigantamax turns out to be a more polished take on the concept of Mega evolution, it could be a great thing as well... as long as they don't **** it up chosing the wrong pokémon to benefit from it.

Zadent

I have to admit, I’m having a hard time understanding this stance. One being that Lance needed more dragon-like Pokémon, considering there were only two fully evolved ones at the time.

In most instances though, it’s more the Pokémon promoting the game instead of the other way around. Almost everyone knows Charizard, having been one of the original mascots of the game. A lot of people love Charizard, having one of the most Dragon-like appearances. And given Britain’s mythology of dragons that share characteristics of Charizard, I’m not surprised and am curious of how his availability would be, since short of Let’s Go he was solely a gift Pokémon.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I have to admit, I’m having a hard time understanding this stance. One being that Lance needed more dragon-like Pokémon, considering there were only two fully evolved ones at the time.

In most instances though, it’s more the Pokémon promoting the game instead of the other way around. Almost everyone knows Charizard, having been one of the original mascots of the game. A lot of people love Charizard, having one of the most Dragon-like appearances. And given Britain’s mythology of dragons that share characteristics of Charizard, I’m not surprised and am curious of how his availability would be, since short of Let’s Go he was solely a gift Pokémon.

I'm not saying I don't understand why Lance got one, still there was also Kingdra, Tyranitar and, for example, Octillery which learns lot of Elemental moves. Same for the Nidos, Kangashkan or even Lapras (which another Dragon Champion uses).
Also if they gave Lance a Charizard Koga did not get a Venusaur and whoever else (e.g. Bruno) a Blastoise?

Just to make it clear. It's not only Charizard I have problems with as Blaziken having the only Hoenn Starter Mega in X/Y and Ash-Greninja also are hard to understand for me.

I think there is a ton of overused Kanto pokemon (Charizard, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Gengar, Machamp, Snorlax, Eeveelutions, Pidgeot to name some).

Not everyone Has to be a Charizard fan as there are over 800 other Pokemon.
And what do you mean by a gift Pokemon? Charmander and it's Evolution appeared in almost all the games. Remember that Charizard was the only non-Alola Pokedex pokemon to serve as a ride pokemon.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
No z-moves, oh well.... don't think anyone apart from maybe one fan will miss those.

No Megas is NOT good news though. Seriously nobody wants Dynamax, hopefully Megas return in the DP remakes

To be honest The Mega Evolution thing matters 0% to me. Besides the mega Starter in OR/AS i really didn't use it.

Reactions: D*N

Feline

Why?
Can I just say I haven't been here in a while, and the one deciding factor for me buying sword and shield is compatilbility with gen 7....

Well you did it Pokemon. You took my dream and crumbled it into tiny pieces. Thanks for nothing Pokemon. Time to drop out of the fandom...later

I wonder what my sig is for this place? Who cares...like I said I haven't been here in a while. :(

Creyk

Yeah, I'm gonna have to shut this one down.

Gen 3 had more mega evolutions than all the other gens:

Gen 1: 13
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 20
Gen 4: 5
Gen 5: 1
Gen 6: 1

So let's stop that one, yeah?

In other news, it seems I've gotten over the 'no transfer' bit a lot faster than I expected. It's likely due to the fact that I seldom transfer anyway.

As I always say, we all have a choice to make. We can either accept the change(s) being made, or not participate. I'm not gonna let a few missing favorites keep me from enjoying what is potentially a great game.
ORAS happened in the same generation where mega evolution was the current gimmick. Of course hoenn got plenty of mega evolutions. that does not mean that kanto pokemon don't get an unfair amount of attention, just look at how gen 6 & 7 got only 1 mega each . Too much kanto still applies however you spin it.

Ultra Beast Lover

Can I just say I haven't been here in a while, and the one deciding factor for me buying sword and shield is compatilbility with gen 7....

Well you did it Pokemon. You took my dream and crumbled it into tiny pieces. Thanks for nothing Pokemon. Time to drop out of the fandom...later

I wonder what my sig is for this place? Who cares...like I said I haven't been here in a while. :(
You're being dramatic, they didn't crumble your dreams into tiny pieces. If you feel you should leave the fandom then fine, but maybe wait to see how good the actual game is before making any snap judgements.

BCVM22

Is it just me, or the region (from what we've seen so far) seems quite rural? I know, there are these 2 big cities, but aside from these..
For example, Kalos and Unova had lots of towns and cities

It’s just you. “What we’ve seen so far” is the qualifier - they haven’t shown us much of the region besides the Wild Area. And there’s probably not a ton of reason for them to do that. A list and preview of the important towns and cities isn’t usually among the information they give us during pre-release.