• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
Team Volt Grunt said:
Even though Yamper and Impidimp were in the E3 demos, do they not count as being officially revealed? The official website still hasn't updated to include them in the list of new pokemon in the Galar region

We don't even have their official artwork yet as far as I know, which is disappointing. Not that it'll make me like Impidimp, but I want Yamper's artwork for a banner that I'm making.

We don't even have their official artwork yet as far as I know, which is disappointing. Not that it'll make me like Impidimp, but I want Yamper's artwork for a banner that I'm making.

I still say Impidimp is great because of the simplicity of its design; it's just so cartoonish and goofy that it's brilliant.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They usually don't update the site until they release a video on youtube so we'll need to wait until most likely this weekend at the game fair where they'll probably reveal Yamper and Impidimp in a short minute long video or something.

I consider the gacha loot box type games as RNG gambling. It takes advantage of those that spend and may take advantage of addiction. Which is why I don't like many mobile games.

I'm curious to what GF will show us next for sword and shield.

It absolutely is gambling. You spend money just for a chance to get the thing you want; there's no guarantee you'll actually get it. It's one thing if you buy the exact item you want directly like in Pokemon Go, but it's another thing to just get a chance to get it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Candy Crush is the same way tho? I’m not seeing the difference

I'm saying while candy crush is harder to not buy coins since your lives run out in two seconds, the same issue isn't present in most pokemon games.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I guess. The core concept of having money shorten waiting time and the rarity of items is still there in both but I understand what you’re saying

Honestly the only time the wait times have been ridiculous is have been in this new rumble mobile game hence why I don't play it.

KillerDraco

Have they shown yet the Elite 4 equivalent of this region? Aside from the Champion.

To be fair, I don't recall them revealing any E4 members in pre-release materials for the past few generations, so I wouldn't necessarily expect to get any of that info in the near future.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

If that reveal E4 members before the game even release, i'm not going to happy about that, it a little too much, even if they have an early role in the game, i would like to see them first by myself, some remake game can show E4 but not a new one for sure.

Even the Gym, we should get around 4-5 Gym Leaders characters reveal before the game come out, the one we'll know before the game out are the evil team members, it would be cool if they won't spoil the leader of the gang and show only grunt members or some big rank members but i'm sure they will do it anyway...

Character reveal will go along with new Pokemon since they will use a new Pokemon at least one in the team so unless more new Pokemon reveal, you can't expect more character too see so soon.

And also let me talk about Masters a bit here, while you can say as you want that lootbox/gacha games are gambling but you can't change the fact that this kind of games are doing well as earning money for devs, for a Nintendo game as example, Mario run where you buy a full game once without any more gacha didn't do much, animal crossing pay real money for in-game ticket also didn't do much but Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia lost with a gacha for characters earn a lot than first two games, i'm sure i read a report before, Fire Emblem earned 10.7 billion in 2018 and made it to 26 in top 100 most earning mobile game in japan, while the number 1 spot is Monster Stike who earned 130.2 billion following Fate/Grand Order as number 2 spot with 120.4 billion earned and both have gacha for characters.

Pokemon Go was number 7 with 32.1 billion earned by the way, just in case you wonder.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I'm not sure what thread this would go in, but in regards to us potentially getting new information on Sword & Shield in the World Hobby Fair Summer '19 which takes place in Japan on June 29th & June 30th does that mean that we would get that information over in the US and other places on June 28th and June 29th here in the US and other places since Japan is a few quite a few hours ahead of the US and other places?

BCVM22

Tokyo is thirteen hours ahead of the North American eastern time zone, so yes, they're about a half day ahead of us. If they present something at the WHF at noon local time, that's late at night on the calendar day prior for most of North America.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If that reveal E4 members before the game even release, i'm not going to happy about that, it a little too much, even if they have an early role in the game, i would like to see them first by myself, some remake game can show E4 but not a new one for sure.

Even the Gym, we should get around 4-5 Gym Leaders characters reveal before the game come out, the one we'll know before the game out are the evil team members, it would be cool if they won't spoil the leader of the gang and show only grunt members or some big rank members but i'm sure they will do it anyway...

Character reveal will go along with new Pokemon since they will use a new Pokemon at least one in the team so unless more new Pokemon reveal, you can't expect more character too see so soon.

And also let me talk about Masters a bit here, while you can say as you want that lootbox/gacha games are gambling but you can't change the fact that this kind of games are doing well as earning money for devs, for a Nintendo game as example, Mario run where you buy a full game once without any more gacha didn't do much, animal crossing pay real money for in-game ticket also didn't do much but Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia lost with a gacha for characters earn a lot than first two games, i'm sure i read a report before, Fire Emblem earned 10.7 billion in 2018 and made it to 26 in top 100 most earning mobile game in japan, while the number 1 spot is Monster Stike who earned 130.2 billion following Fate/Grand Order as number 2 spot with 120.4 billion earned and both have gacha for characters.

Pokemon Go was number 7 with 32.1 billion earned by the way, just in case you wonder.
When did we learn the Kahunas would be (most of) the Alolan Elite 4? I feel like they were revealed pretty early, even if we didn't know that about them yet.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

When did we learn the Kahunas would be (most of) the Alolan Elite 4? I feel like they were revealed pretty early, even if we didn't know that about them yet.

Well... as i can call from my past memory, they show a trailer about Alola build a league but we didn't know who will be E4. Hala and Olivia was show as Kahuna at that time not E4 and we didn't learn they become E4 later so that's not count. For more information, third island and forth islans characters first seen in the quick video that play after sun and moon demo end, like Nanu or Hapu for example, and we never get a corocoro scan or trailer or web page about Nanu or Hapu, are we? We only got their artwork from game information book that came out after the game was released for a while... they don't have to show everything before the game come out after all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I still say Impidimp is great because of the simplicity of its design; it's just so cartoonish and goofy that it's brilliant.
I also like Impidimp since I think it might be based on Gremilns due to its design & typing fit their original descriptions (small, mischievous monsters who were especially infamous in the UK during WWII for being blamed whenever planes broke down & other kinds of accidents happened).

So not only is it a unique typing, but it more than likely fits with the lore & mythos of the country that the Galar region’s based on

(PS: If I’m wrong in anyway, please correct me)