• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
They're still making very much portable titles. Aside from the Wild Area, Sword and Shield barely look that much different than the 3DS Pokemon games.
GF's staff is still the same, they still make games with the "portable, not truly home console" mindset. It's apparent, they're still dead set on making yearly releases.
They can very much make Gen IV remakes in a year or two.
It's precisely because they're making yearly releases that they don't have enough time. Sinnoh remakes require the entire Sinnoh region in 3D, and Sinnoh is huge. And unless they ditch contests they'd also have to make contest animations for at least 210 pokémon (size of Sinnoh dex), aside from everything else for everything they didn't make for the Galar dex. Compare that to the amount of stuff they had to do for USUM. Does making Sinnoh games sound like a sensible decision when they're under such extreme time constraints that they can't even include all the pokémon in their most important titles this generation? Third versions for Galar games sounds far more likely because they'd take less work to make.

JohnLynch

But what about their other games like Giga Wrecker and that weird 3DS horse betting game? If they only had two teams that focus on one game each, then who’s working on those?
All I’ve got to judge GameFreak’s internal workings is what they say. If they say they only have one team working on Pokémon Sword and Shield, I take them at their word.

Kangaflora

My friends and I were talking about the upcoming games recently, and I personally think that the restriction of Pokémon, and the lack of a National Pokédex is pure laziness on their part, so on that note, I am extremely disappointed in Game Freak at the moment. And to be brutal-but-fair, I know that they can produce quality a heck of a lot better than what I've seen so far. Even UltraSun and UltraMoon allowed all of the Pokémon to be in the game despite not being in the Alola Dex, and that's saying something.

Zadent

A thought, with the fact that their one of their two main teams are doing Town (as odd as that is since it’s a smaller eShop title focused on just one town from what I hear), couldn’t that mean that we’ll actually get a slightly larger gap between games? And that we’ll possibly not get one next year because of the time needed to build?

JohnLynch

A thought, with the fact that their one of their two main teams are doing Town (as odd as that is since it’s a smaller eShop title focused on just one town from what I hear), couldn’t that mean that we’ll actually get a slightly larger gap between games? And that we’ll possibly not get one next year because of the time needed to build?
How much time is really needed for:
* Change a few dialogue boxes
* Make some minor changes to the gym leaders rosters
* tack on an extra 20 mins of gameplay to post game
* Claim they’ve heard the outcry of fans regarding the missing Pokémon and have increased the Dex.
* Still fail to have every Pokémon in one game.

I reckon even GameFreak could churn that out in a short amount of time.

Zadent

How much time is really needed for:
* Change a few dialogue boxes
* Make some minor changes to the gym leaders rosters
* tack on an extra 20 mins of gameplay to post game
* Claim they’ve heard the outcry of fans regarding the missing Pokémon and have increased the Dex.
* Still fail to have every Pokémon in one game.

I reckon even GameFreak could churn that out in a short amount of time.

That’s assuming the next game would be a redo of SwSh.

JohnLynch

With how Game Freak are handling the Pokémon games right now, I’d say a redo of SwSh is an almost certainty.

Ultra Sun and Moon were the best selling video games of 2017. Hell yeah they’re going back to that well. Especially with the Japanese fan community being upset over Dexit. They’re going to ride that outrage all the way to the bank.

Kage-Pikachu

The announcement of not having all Pokemon available in these games was frustrating for me though definitely not a deal breaker, Pokemon is still my favorite video game franchise and I'm sure I will still enjoy these games.

I really enjoyed seeing the new trailer and seeing even more new Pokemon. My sister and I laughed at the new Fairy type, hehe, I hope it doesn't have a lot of predators (we know how dark the Pokedex can get). Version exclusive gym leaders is definitely a good incentive to buy both games but I hope they take it further than that and add version exclusive areas and plot points too. Completely different cities for the gyms between games would be great (similar to White Forest and Black City but on a much larger scale).

I absolutely love how you can find high level Pokemon in the wild area. It makes the game seem more realistic, just gotta make sure to save often but I don't mind getting wiped out by powerful Pokemon I'm not prepared for. Makes the game more challenging. I remember in Octopath Traveler having fun fighting enemies well outside my parties level range and having fun with trail and error mechanics.

With such an emphasis on Gym battles, hopefully there is a televised tournament too and the winner gets to face the Elite 4. That may be unlikely but I can still hope. Hopefully they bring back battle facilities like the Battle Royal.

ScratchnSn1ff

from the looks of some screenshots and clips from the trailer i think the first Gym we set foot in will be in the Steel town but it'll just be the opening ceremony for the Gym challenge and then we'll make our way to either Nessa or Milo first, going by the leak i'd guess it's Milo - Nessa - Kabu - Opal/whoever the other version exclusive in that gym is, so I'm curious as to why we skip the big dragon town gym and Bea/Allisters gym on the way to Opal

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
With how Game Freak are handling the Pokémon games right now, I’d say a redo of SwSh is an almost certainty.

Ultra Sun and Moon were the best selling video games of 2017. Hell yeah they’re going back to that well. Especially with the Japanese fan community being upset over Dexit. They’re going to ride that outrage all the way to the bank.

USUM weren’t even in the top 10 of bestselling 2017 games. : P

I’d honestly be shocked if they didn’t do Sinnoh remakes for their second game of this generation. Nostalgia sells.

JohnLynch

I won’t be shocked. That takes effort. It’s easier to just provide outfits as DLC.

Sorry. I should have been clearer. Ultra Sun was the best selling video game in Japan for 2017.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
They've committed themselves to a yearly schedule. Not releasing a game at all in a year is a year in which they lose millions of sales worth of revenue but they still have to pay their bills. From a business sense it's far more efficient to churn out more games and change little to keep the workload manageable than to put all the work into a single better game every three years that'd sell maybe 20-25 million copies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The outfit DLC is just a pre-order bonus. We likely won’t see anything like it post-launch.

Still a dumb concept
'Hey, get this thing in-game by buying the game at ____ location'
At least it's just clothes... though I'd love that ridiculously big golden backpack

Zadent

They've committed themselves to a yearly schedule. Not releasing a game at all in a year is a year in which they lose millions of sales worth of revenue but they still have to pay their bills. From a business sense it's far more efficient to churn out more games and change little to keep the workload manageable than to put all the work into a single better game every three years that'd sell maybe 20-25 million copies.

But currently, no team is working on the game after SwSh, which means they’ll do a redo of it for next year, which is possible but we don’t know, or they’ll have to take some extra time to build the next game, whether rendering Sinnoh in 3D or something else. But redoing SwSh for next year will yet again cut into the next game if the other team isn’t available for X reason. And this is something I have a feeling they realized, given all the work and time they’ve had and done for SwSh.

Unless a spin-off takes the focus of next year. I don’t know. Anything is possible at this moment.

ArtFenix

It's precisely because they're making yearly releases that they don't have enough time. Sinnoh remakes require the entire Sinnoh region in 3D, and Sinnoh is huge. And unless they ditch contests they'd also have to make contest animations for at least 210 pokémon (size of Sinnoh dex), aside from everything else for everything they didn't make for the Galar dex. Compare that to the amount of stuff they had to do for USUM. Does making Sinnoh games sound like a sensible decision when they're under such extreme time constraints that they can't even include all the pokémon in their most important titles this generation? Third versions for Galar games sounds far more likely because they'd take less work to make.
They were making portable Pokemon games before, they are pretty much doing the same thing now. They had time to make remakes before, so I think it's not beyond the realmp of possibility for them to keep making remakes. And I remember there was that one video with Tsunekazu Ishihara from a couple of eyars ago with all Pokemon mainline games behind him on the shelves. Guess what games were missing? All 3 Sinnoh games! Why would they do that, huh? No way in hell was that a coincidence.

clbgolden12

It’s worth mentioning that the games are probably nearing completion at this point. It’s entirely possible that there’s a small team working on bug fixes and such while the rest focuses on whatever the next games will be.

Marzbar

Just going back to the discussion on Game Freak having two teams, with their priority and A Team being assigned to Town...

I think it shows. The trailer for Town way back in 2018 actually shows what one could argue are nicer graphics than SwSh and certainly more polished.

Nintendo should realize there’s a problem and should give the next main series games to another developer. That would serve Gamefreak right. Basically phoning it in on the biggest moment in Pokémon history (jumping to full 3D and on a main home console).

TsengHyena

If they have more than one team, get the other team to solve the Dexit crisis.

DaijobuPlease

One thing im sad about was the theory of Voice overs, when I saw the text boxes i died a little =(

Overall I was like Gigantamaxing dang the leaker has been on the money what is he/she like 6/6 at the moment ? Alcreamie i was like they would but made sense, all they need to do is make tea pot pokemon (Which i think is the "Elephant" Pokemon people are talking about in the chairmans pokeball)

Rose def looks creepy no joke but i feel like he will be thinking things are normal and be shooketh that an operation was ran underneath him by his Secretary like come on its always the secretary! Unless it becomes that he is the bad guy then I will be shook. BUT I love her design Im going to call her O.

As for the Type exclusive Gyms I am not too worried about as long as they make some kind of appearance in the respective games, I want BEA (BAE ;) ) but Sword has the two Psudeo legends i like guess it comes down to what other version Galar only pokemon exclusive there are because I can always get my Goomy and Tyranitar.

As for Gigalith 2.0 looks like a Psudeo legend to me unless its not and it really is just a Gigalith 2.0 (I will shed a tear)

The geodude line got me interested since its supposed to be fast... I can CHEESE my way to victories.

AND CORVIKNIGHT WILL BE ON MY TEAMMMMMM I LOVE THAT THING! (I wonder what it looks like SHINEY) Drednaw I will probably get use a bit and then dump depending on what new ones show up! Right now im team Shield but depending on the GALAR only pokemon i may switch (Pun intended) because I LOVE WAIFU BAE i mean BEA.

clbgolden12

I think it shows. The trailer for Town way back in 2018 actually shows what one could argue are nicer graphics than SwSh and certainly more polished.

I just rewatched the trailer for Town and... Ehhh. It does look a little better, but not by all that much.

Not to mention, Town only takes place in, well, the one town. There aren’t many textures to worry about.

Nintendo should realize there’s a problem and should give the next main series games to another developer. That would serve Gamefreak right. Basically phoning it in on the biggest moment in Pokémon history (jumping to full 3D and on a main home console).

Legally, Nintendo can’t do this. GameFreak owns a third of Pokémon, and for Nintendo to try and take that away would just turn into a big legal battle that they’ll probably end up losing.

But it’s also worth noting that Nintendo’s the one publishing the games. If they were dissatisfied with it they could negotiate with the Pokémon Company to give GF more time (which, evidently, they didn’t).

If they have more than one team, get the other team to solve the Dexit crisis.

The other team’s working on Town and other none-Pokémon projects.