• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So currently we have 167 old Pokémon+ Mew returning. We also have 15 new Pokémon, 5 likely old Pokémon, and about 33 possible Pokémon(counterparts to currently revealed Pokémon).

The current count barely passes 200 landmark, which suggests unless we get tons of cross-generational evolutions/pre-evolutions dex count might be actually less than Kalos, though it most likely be higher than original Alola, most likely around 350-400 mark similar to USUM as opposed to 500-550 mark(for reference around 26 cross-gen additions means around 52 monsters alongside their base forms).

As a side note, the new short trailer removed my hopes for a possible official Impidimp reveal in July, so that should also wait until August.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The idea of a Dynamax Toxapex broke my brain. It's too powerful now! Mericless Toxapex with doubled HP and three rounds of Z Moves is so absurdly great! I'm definitely running Toxapex along with my Belly Drum Unburden Drain Punch Slurpuff
Oh, did we get confirmation of how Dynamaxing boosts stats?

PreschoolerFromNowhere

There's one thing i was wondering about ... it's about Pokemon Secret Club here ...

https://swshmembers.pokemon.co.jp/

If you become a member, you can watch the serect video and play lottery for prizes ... but you need serial number that they give you when you pre-order in Japan...

I didnt expecting anything much here but i just wonder what secret video will be? I check on twitter and they said the first video already upload there but most of twitter posts thay talk about this club for some reason ... all said "this is secret become a member to see the content here" or something like that...

Made me curious ... but there's no way i can get the code and become a member myself...

Guess i have to stay curious without knowing more than this...

Hey, maybe one of these days the video will be leaked. We had an entire beta leaked to the public before, I wouldn't doubt it if someone in Japan decided to join the club to leak the video on YouTube or Nico Nico or something.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Since Toxapex is here we can probably safely assume Corsola is too, since it's the natural prey of Mareanie.
I was thinking the same thing, actually. Mareanie and Toxapex are based on Crown-of-Thorns starfish, that are notoriously known to feed on coral reefs.

I would really want it to be true, because I really like Corsola.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wait.

Didn't that leak say Meowth gets a Galar form/evolution? And now there's a picture showing a winged Cubone (probably) in the one Gym. Are the Galarian forms going to be the exact same set of Kanto - only Pokemon that got Alolan forms? Because it really, really shouldn't be that way.

Leosnake

Wait.

Didn't that leak say Meowth gets a Galar form/evolution? And now there's a picture showing a winged Cubone (probably) in the one Gym. Are the Galarian forms going to be the exact same set of Kanto - only Pokemon that got Alolan forms? Because it really, really shouldn't be that way.

I hope not for two reasons:
1. I am already expecting/ hope the Alolan forms to be in the game. Because the models and work to put them on the switch has been done thanks to the let's go games. Plus they are wanting new players from those games and Pokemon go to buy SW/SH.
2. It means (as Proven by Arcanine) that either Pokemon that were normally seen as part of those Pokemon's pairs that also didn't get a mega. As well as Pokemon from later generations will be less likely to get a new variant.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I wonder if we'll get any sort of mythology/lore regarding the Galar/Pokemon equivalent to Doggerland which was essentially a large flat land mass that got flooded like 8000 years ago. It connected Britain to the main continent of Europe. It'd be cool to hear of some lost city/country/civilization deep in Galar's past and it could also lead to some cool fossil Pokemon.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wait.

Doubt it. I’m pretty sure that “winged Cubone” is the same weird Dragon-like statues we’ve seen in past gyms.

TsengHyena

Wouldn't be surprised that we'd get the exact same regional form pokemon as Alola, I expect its down to timing issues, like the entire Dexit disaster.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That statue has been in games since R(G)BY. Maybe they finally are designing a Pokémon based off it. I think most fans would get excited over this “new” Pokémon. Not getting my hopes up but it’s been 20 years. I think fans have at least earned the right to know what Pokémon it is/was.

The same could be said with the Substitute doll.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
That statue has been in games since R(G)BY.

I used to think it was supposed to be Rydon until more recent games where you can see that isn't.

SurrealistSmeargle

I wonder what's that Feebas-looking little creature with a crown.

RpDR6P.png
I think it's just the championship logo. If you look at the blue-sweep, it's actually the Gym logo (you can see the red part behind it, and the white comet-like designs on top). And what looks like 'eyes' are actually gaps in the golden symbol above (which basically looks like either an ox's head with a crown, or kinda like the Starman from Earthbound with a crown in place of its head). That looks like it's probably a symbol for the champion to me, so I imagine it's just a general banner in advertisement for the pokemon league.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I think it's just the championship logo. If you look at the blue-sweep, it's actually the Gym logo (you can see the red part behind it, and the white comet-like designs on top). And what looks like 'eyes' are actually gaps in the golden symbol above (which basically looks like either an ox's head with a crown, or kinda like the Starman from Earthbound with a crown in place of its head). That looks like it's probably a symbol for the champion to me, so I imagine it's just a general banner in advertisement for the pokemon league.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on that one. If it were a Pokemon, those eyes would be a definite nope, but for real, it definitely looks like a logo relating to a championship/elite four (if we're still doing that. I assume so). I'll check Leon again, but maybe that's a sticker on his cape for an advertisement or something.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I had a good hard look at the textures in the new trailer and the trees in the wild area are definitely no better. Yet.
Very difficult to convince me that we can accurately tell the quality of the graphics within the game given that we have been given brief snapshots of actual cutscenes without the "not actual gameplay footage/may not accurately display gameplay" disclaimer