• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
With all of the new old Pokémon, regional dex has finally broken the 200 mark. This means final dex will be at least around 300.

Sadly none of the actual new Pokémon are super interesting. Polteageist is absolutely adorable, but without Shell Smash it is useless. Cramorant's Flying/Water typing is unique, but Water+Flying type combination has been done to death already.

Nonetheless, the prevalence of Gen 5 Pokémon confirms we won't be getting Regional Forms beyond Gen 5, besides a few token ones.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Glad the ability to remove hats in trainer customisation is back again. The new Pokémon revealed looks to be a bit meh for me however, Polteageist potentially getting an evolution could change things however.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I don’t see why they haven’t revealed the Legendaries’ typings yet. That’s of the things I wanted to see in the Direct. Not sure why they need to continue keeping it so secretive?

-Why do we still not know the box legends' typings?

The TCG is even doing extra to omit coloration and type symbols on the mascots’ card art. I don’t know if that’s ever happened before, as I thought TCG reveals always show finalized cards.

Orphalesion

The TCG is even doing extra to omit coloration and type symbols on the mascots’ card art. I don’t know if that’s ever happened before, as I thought TCG reveals always show finalized cards.

Idk but imho Gamefreak is severely overestimating the interest in what typings those two wolves are. Unless they really have a new type (and imho, nothing points to that), I don't see any reason for this secrecy.

Kingudora

My favourite
Solgaleo-GX and Lunala-GX had a similar treatment (though not to this extent), so it is not unprecedented.
Solgaleo-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg

Lunala-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Idk but imho Gamefreak is severely overestimating the interest in what typings those two wolves are. Unless they really have a new type (and imho, nothing points to that), I don't see any reason for this secrecy.

Looking at past generations, there was still some degree of secrecy with mascots in general. For XY and DP it took several months for typings to be revealed, so I guess this time is similar.

Solgaleo-GX and Lunala-GX had a similar treatment (though not to this extent), so it is not unprecedented.
Solgaleo-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg

Lunala-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg

Oh, interesting. It seems that they darkened some areas and omitted weakness and resistance. Huh...

Kingudora

My favourite
What if this is all the I fo we get for the month .... 2 new Pokemon one of which is another /Water type .....
Like I said in the rumor thread, Pokémon Co. has a tendency to have their own trailers in September, after the usual Direct each year. So I doubt that is all for this month.

Heck, there might actually be a new trailer this weekend, since the Direct trailer and the stand-alone trailer are usually less than a week apart. While that might be too optimistic, I do think we'll see more news sooner rather than later.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Like I said in the rumor thread, Pokémon Co. has a tendency to have their own trailers in September, after the usual Direct each year. So I doubt that is all for this month.

Heck, there might actually be a new trailer this weekend, since the Direct trailer and the stand-alone trailer are usually less than a week apart. While that might be too optimistic, I do think we'll see more news sooner rather than later.

I'm hopeful as well.

Just thinking about what if it was the only thing ......

Marzbar

Nope, sorry. Another boring trailer that revealed nothing we didn't already know from the Affleck leak. Which makes me worry there is nothing more to these games than what's in the Affleck leak. Which will be the worst generation yet. Still almost zero excitement for this game. Curries look slow to make. The graphics of Pokemon waving fans or eating curry is just awful.

In addition to two more likely to be gimmicky single stage crap Pokemon in a ghost kettle and mentally handicapped seagull, we also now know:

- No new Eeveelutions
- No Galarian form Sudowoodo
- No teapot elephant Galarian Donphan line

But hey, at least we can get a green Irish Alcremie right? And 16 other colours? Of another likely to be gimmicky single stage crap Pokemon. So glad we lost the National Dex for that.

Last edited:

Frostfall

The bird is alright. Wondering if it has any evolutionary line or if it is a single stage pokemon. I love tea, but don't need a tea ghost pokemon. I like the customization options and it looked like we could visually pick the hairstyles we have so that would be awesome. Hoping we can just plain out hide the bag. Yes, it wouldn't make any sense to not have one, but pokeballs don't make any sense either. For all we know they could invent a dimensional pocket that holds all your stuff. So far, my favorite pokemon revealed is Wooloo.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Nope, sorry. Another boring trailer that revealed nothing we didn't already know from the Affleck leak. Which makes me worry there is nothing more to these games than what's in the Affleck leak. Which will be the worst generation yet. Still almost zero excitement for this game. Curries look slow to make. The graphics of Pokemon waving fans or eating curry is just awful.

In addition to two more likely to be gimmicky single stage crap Pokemon in a ghost kettle and mentally handicapped seagull, we also now know:

- No new Eeveelutions

But hey, at least we can get a green Irish Alcremie right? And 16 other colours? Of another likely to be gimmicky single stage crap Pokemon. So glad we lost the National Dex for that.
It’s okay tbh

And they’re hardly any more data for pallete swaps with a few tweaks. Measly!

Orphalesion

- No new Eeveelutions

Well, Polteageist was nowhere in the Afflec leak, so at least there's something?
But I do agree that I'm also kinda worried that there won't be much more to the game than the Afflec Leak. Then again, the optimist in me wants to say that maybe the Afflec Leak only leaked things that the leaker knew would be in the pre-release?
I mean if you look at it the leak talks about Kabu and Nessa (at a time when Nessa wasn't revealed yet) as if we were supposed to know who they are. Maybe because the leaker knew they'd be revealed. Maybe back then Kabu was supposed to be revealed earlier, together with Nessa, but was cut from the trailer for some reason.

But I agree that all those forms make me pretty pessimistic about Alcremie's chances at an evolution (I guess it was pretty much off the table when they revealed it's Gigantamax form, but I still had hope)

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

- No new Eeveelutions

And adding a “curry dex” reeeaaally doesn’t help the situation either. There are a few things that are exciting to me about the games, yet there is a lot that I'm indifferent about.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I just want to put a friendly reminder that just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's completely useless.
I'm not the biggest fan of battle frontier, but I know a lot of people like it. Does it mean it doesn't deserve to exist? No. Same with Alola Photo Club. I thought it was pretty much useless, but it turned out to be a pretty popular feature. Go figure.
I can get not liking what we're seeing so far, but I don't think we have to be needlessly pessimistic.