• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I like the pokemon that were revealed in that last direct, but it stinks only 2 were shown off. And of the two, we pretty much knew about the bird already. At least we had clarification on how its ability worked since the leak wasn't clear on whether it was an attack or what. Nice of Gamefreak to make it use that ability after using Surf or Dive; two of the stronger, more reliable attack options for just about every Water type.

Surf would be great for Cramorant to take advantage of its ability if its stats end up leaning towards a special attacker. Sadly the same cannot be said if it ends up being a physical attacker with Waterfall and Liquidation being a thing, two-turn attacks don’t see much use in competitive bar used as a base for Z-Moves.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm pretty excited for Pokemon Camp. While I never used PokeMon-Amie in Gen VI, I did end up using Pokemon Refresh in Gen VII and enjoyed the benefits of it. The set-up of all six of your Pokemon being out and interacting with each other is something I've always wanted to see in a Pokemon game, and the image of "Me and the Boys having victory curry after earning our newest Gym Badge" just sounds fantastic.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It was actually a Switch update and not a Let's Go Update. The initial 7.0.0 update is what broke it.

Ver. 7.0.1 (Released February 18, 2019)
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
  • Resolved an issue where the Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! games cannot reconnect to the Pokémon GO app if the game software was closed after pairing with the app.
I almost have 1000 Meltan in Go Park and they have yet evolve like the professors said they would in large groups. :p

While I have many Melmetal now, and shiny ones too, I hope that SWSH will have another way to get them.
Ah. Thing is, that wasn't the issue. The app and game were both on when the crash took place. I paired the game when both were on each time. That said, it would be great if it did work to fix it though.

I hope so too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What is BOTW?

Oh thankyou. I never heard of it

Okay, wow. No offense, but um... how have you not heard of BotW? That game is Nintendo's biggest game on the Switch, I find it hard to believe any Switch owner doesn't know what BotW is.

Here's a video I dug up on the subject. It's 50 minutes long, but you get the gist of what it is in about the first 2 minutes, the rest seems to be details on the games story and mechanics:

Now as for what it has to do with Pokemon, a lot of Nintendo fans are treating BotW as the new standard for console adventure games and wanting multiple other IPs to follow in its footsteps. Pokemon is one of those IPs, Pokemon is also an adventure game that is now on console so fans have been hoping that Pokemon similarly overhauls its formula to become more expansive and ambitious. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be happening, and that's what's the complaints are about. The Wild Area seems to be a half-step in that direction, Game Freak admitted in interviews that the Wild Area is their take on the demand for more open ended gameplay, but it's not on the same level as BotW because it's only one area that's open as opposed to the entire game.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Okay, wow. No offense, but um... how have you not heard of BotW? That game is Nintendo's biggest game on the Switch, I find it hard to believe any Switch owner doesn't know what BotW is.

Here's a video I dug up on the subject. It's 50 minutes long, but you get the gist of what it is in about the first 2 minutes, the rest seems to be details on the games story and mechanics:

Now as for what it has to do with Pokemon, a lot of Nintendo fans are treating BotW as the new standard for console adventure games and wanting multiple other IPs to follow in its footsteps. Pokemon is one of those IPs, Pokemon is also an adventure game that is now on console so fans have been hoping that Pokemon similarly overhauls its formula to become more expansive and ambitious. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be happening, and that's what's the complaints are about. The Wild Area seems to be a half-step in that direction, Game Freak admitted in interviews that the Wild Area is their take on the demand for more open ended gameplay, but it's not on the same level as BotW because it's only one area that's open as opposed to the entire game.
Oh thankyou, I never heard of it cuz I dont own a Switch yet. I will buy it once Swsh comes out. And Pokemon is the only Nintendo games I play :p

Creyk

I only know about these games because of people constantly bringing it up in relation to pokemon :D It does look overcomplicated however.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
...BOTW is anything but overcomplicated. Zelda is a franchise with probably the most convoluted timeline in gaming, but BOTW’s streamlined gameplay, graphics, and open-world progression is what a lot of Pokémon fans were expecting for SwSh (as unrealistic as some of that is). It set the bar for adventure games on the Switch, is part of a popular series, and is a critic’s darling, so I’m really surprised some people don’t know what it is. But essentially: people were expecting a Pokémon game on that level and feel disappointed about SwSh not comparing. But imo you can’t compare two games when the franchises themselves are so different. Pokémon is a turn-based JRPG with an established formula, while Zelda is a JRPG action-adventure series with a much greater focus on the story, world, and characters, plus is always changing and is never stagnant.

DMB1985

I think the approach taken with the Wild Area is a much more sensible route for Pokémon to go down rather than trying to mimic the fully open world approach. I get the desire for some to be able to go wherever they want when they want but I feel it brings up more complications in Pokémon than it does in a game like Zelda. In Zelda you can just upscale some of the enemies as the player gets more powerful. In Pokémon you don't just have to upscale the wild Pokémon, you've also got to rebalance the NPC trainers teams as well and that will prove far more complicated.

In my opinion the direction that Pokémon needs to go is to keep the linear approach to gameplay but to join the world together with a collection of open areas that are fully explorable when unlocked and with plenty of little nooks and crannies to explore and side quests to partake in. It will give that feeling of freedom and exploration but still keep progression structured.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Hey guys just done an updated count of all the pokemon confirmed/not in so far. Thanks to Serebii for compiling them all. Really appreciate it.

Note: pokemon in yellow boxes are just my personal thoughts on who is more likely to appear still. Also ignore the note in he middle that's just a reminder for me.

https://i.redd.it/fxrt6juogpk31.png

Thanks for this!! Also, what is your reason behind the yellow boxes? Why those pokemon?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So some ppl said here that usually after a Nintndo Direct, we get another trailer from the Pokemon company.
I guess we won't get it afterall =[

landipan

So some ppl said here that usually after a Nintndo Direct, we get another trailer from the Pokemon company.
I guess we won't get it afterall =[

It's only been a few days since the last news drop. Give it some time, it'll get here when it gets here.

Ning

I “could” see a world where a main series Pokémon game could be as open world as BotW but it’d be very hard to pull off.

Biggest problem I’d see is how do you do the size of the cities and towns? BotW is very loosely populated. To actually add cities and towns in an open world environment the size of BoTW would probably be The largest project in game development of all time to pull off.