• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think it looks like a swan holding a sword and shield. I think there will be a trailer today later with a few Pokémon revealed including this one. Not trying to get my hopes up or anything though.

supersarepi

That’s actually exactly why I went with withers! I considered shatters and splinters, but since it would be a leek I tried thinking up a more fitting verb.

Thanks for pointing out my post, WhiteBlair! I really appreciate it ^w^

Edit: also I wanted to say that according to Farfetch’d’s dex entries, if something happens to the item it carries (as it’s not always said to be a leek iirc), it will go in search of another. So that (imo) makes it more likely it’s withers, because then it would have been fighting for a while, and could see the dying of it’s leek as a sign it’s time to retire. Otherwise why not simply get another weapon?

Good catch on the Pokémon Silver dex entry! I agree, I think the leek likely ages with the Pokémon itself, so when it withers, Sirfetchd knows it’s time to retire. The logic is definitely plausible, though we have had illogical lore before. I eat pancakes, where are my psychic powers Gamefreak?

I think that if we’re getting an info drop in a few hours, it’ll be just this Pokémon. If they’re going to make us wait until Monday/Wednesday, I’d say we’ll get a few reveals (hopefully including Zacian/Zamazenta’s types).

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I don't think that this implies more reveals or anything. I think this is all that we"ll get for this month.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I think it looks like a swan holding a sword and shield. I think there will be a trailer today later with a few Pokémon revealed including this one. Not trying to get my hopes up or anything though.
I agree.

It's very possible for a tease in early morning to have its official reveal later in that day. Pokémon usually releases its trailers at 13:00 GMT which is in two hours so, it might not be a farfetched idea to check YouTube for a potential reveal.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I agree.

It's very possible for a tease in early morning to have its official reveal later in that day. Pokémon usually releases its trailers at 13:00 GMT which is in two hours so, it might not be a farfetched idea to check YouTube for a potential reveal.

Respect for the pun

I wonder if they did this style of reveal because they knew we knew about Sirfetchd...

Kingudora

My favourite
Probably one of the most bizarre ways a pokémon has been officially gotten teased/hinted at, at least that I can remember since '06.

Not sure what to make of it yet, but if it is Sirfetch’d and it is only Fighting-type, then I'll be a bit disappointed. Steadfast is also a rather 'meh' ability, unless it has gotten buffed this gen.

Zaide

Probably one of the most bizarre ways a pokémon has been officially gotten teased/hinted at, at least that I can remember since '06.

Not sure what to make of it yet, but if it is Sirfetch’d and it is only Fighting-type, then I'll be a bit disappointed. Steadfast is also a rather 'meh' ability, unless it has gotten buffed this gen.
To be honest, that's probably just its common ability (or one of the two). Defiant is a hidden ability on Farfetch'd, and I hope this is the same for its potential evolution (if that's indeed Sirfetch'd)

Mewizard

Okay so it's deffintitly either Galarian Farfetch'd or Sirfetch'd, I think it might be Galarian Farfetch'd only because it looks a little small in proportions to the original Sirfetch'd design and it's holding a shield. But who knows, they could've changed it.
pokemon_gold_beta___farfetch_d_evolution_by_tomycase_dcdwsa2-fullview.jpg
1568358160754.jpg

SurrealistSmeargle

I wonder if they did this style of reveal because they knew we knew about Sirfetchd...
I think it's more likely that the originally leaker got their knowledge from the marketing run-down of what they planned to reveal, given how well what we've seen lined up with that leak. So it'd be less them revealing it because we know about them, and more we know them because they planned to reveal it.

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting way to reveal a pokemon. I hadn't realised it was a deliberate glitching to begin with, but perhaps this means we'll have some more info about the functionality of the Rotom PCs as well in this reveal? Hopefully we find out about Sirfetch'd today, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few days of 'glitched' reveals before they dropped a trailer showing all of them at once.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
That’s actually exactly why I went with withers! I considered shatters and splinters, but since it would be a leek I tried thinking up a more fitting verb.

Thanks for pointing out my post, WhiteBlair! I really appreciate it ^w^

Edit: also I wanted to say that according to Farfetch’d’s dex entries, if something happens to the item it carries (as it’s not always said to be a leek iirc), it will go in search of another. So that (imo) makes it more likely it’s withers, because then it would have been fighting for a while, and could see the dying of it’s leek as a sign it’s time to retire. Otherwise why not simply get another weapon?
Adding to this: someone who understands French pointed out that the censored word which I posit as being withers is indeed partly withers in French as well, which is interesting.

Pikachu111213

Traveler

To me, a lot of the abilities have been lackluster this gen (with exceptions of course) but perhaps it’ll have an awesome hidden ability. I mean I thought Corviknight’s abilities were underwhelming until Mirror Armor