• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Came back from a break and OH MY GOODNESS. That's so odd. I don't think I've seen something this crazy since gen 5. I'm glad they're doing stuff like these when it comes to releases. It makes it more fun than the standard trailer. Reminds of that Meltan madness. Lol.

That being said this Pokemon could be a far-fetch Evo due to the size and color palette and pure fighting is just a much better typing than normal/flying. If anything, if they've going to use forms to mke older Pokemon better instead of straight up evos, they should go right ahead.

I don't agree with this being a room though. Rotom usually have levitate, no? And the ability section is shown to us which doesn't make sense in that regard. Maybe rotom is playing tricks again?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Came back from a break and OH MY GOODNESS. That's so odd. I don't think I've seen something this crazy since gen 5. I'm glad they're doing stuff like these when it comes to releases. It makes it more fun than the standard trailer. Reminds of that Meltan madness. Lol.

That being said this Pokemon could be a far-fetch Evo due to the size and color palette and pure fighting is just a much better typing than normal/flying. If anything, if they've going to use forms to mke older Pokemon better instead of straight up evos, they should go right ahead.

I don't agree with this being a room though. Rotom usually have levitate, no? And the ability section is shown to us which doesn't make sense in that regard. Maybe rotom is playing tricks again?
I think i would be more fun if we didnt already know what Pokemon it is

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The fact that conditions for attaining the form seem to be amount of battles/experience.. I'd probably assume that it's a regular, new evolution for Farfetch'd.

The flavour text at least doesn't point to anything Galar specific or an adaptation in any way, so it wouldn't sit right with me if that's the reason for it being a Galarian-only evolution.
I actually think that makes sense since the whole theme of Galar is about competition and that the reason why Linoone evolves into Obstagoon is because of how much it competes with predators & it’s own kind. If anything, this just confirms the idea that the wild Pokémon of the Galar region are “meant to be” more aggressive, fierce, & competitive to go along with the games’ themes & sports motifs.

Kangaflora

My guess is that this was on purpose and they only made it look like a glitch for a publicity stunt. Why else would they promote it on their Twitter account?

Also, here’s what a I think it’s description is supposed to say:
“Only Farfetch’d that survived many battles can attain this evolution/regional variant. When this pokémon’s leek withers, it will retire from combat.”

Edit: Serebii said that it’s name was partially revealed on the Japanese site to be ナ イ ト (nite). If Sirfetch’d does end up being its English name, I’m guessing its Japanese name will translate to something meaning “Knight with green onion” to go along with Farfetch’d’s Japanese name.

I sincerely hope you're right about it being an evolved form of Farfetch'd. If it is, I will be happy. It might be what the leaker meant when he said that Farfetch'd was to received an evolved form EXCLUSIVE to the Galar Region.

janejane6178

I actually think that makes sense since the whole theme of Galar is about competition and that the reason why Linoone evolves into Obstagoon is because of how much it competes with predators & it’s own kind. If anything, this just confirms the idea that the wild Pokémon of the Galar region are “meant to be” more aggressive, fierce, & competitive to go along with the games’ themes & sports motifs.
Thats a nice theory and fits the lure of Galar

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
The fact that conditions for attaining the form seem to be amount of battles/experience.. I'd probably assume that it's a regular, new evolution for Farfetch'd.

The flavour text at least doesn't point to anything Galar specific or an adaptation in any way, so it wouldn't sit right with me if that's the reason for it being a Galarian-only evolution.
However the Affleck leak said:

“Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd.” Emphasis mine. AFAIK, regional evolutions only apply if the whole line is of regional forms, otherwise it’s just a cross-gen evolution, I believe.

Editted because I realized everyone else isn’t using spoiler quotes for the leak so :shrug;

janejane6178

However the Affleck leak said:

“Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd.” Emphasis mine. AFAIK, regional evolutions only apply if the whole line is of regional forms, otherwise it’s just a cross-gen evolution, I believe.

Editted because I realized everyone else isn’t using spoiler quotes for the leak so :shrug;
I guess every1 aready heard of this leak hehe

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The Japanese site also gave a partial name (ナ イ ト nite).
Personally, I think that Sirfetch should be Flying/Fighting instead of just Fighting.But Farfetch'd evo would be cool.

DannyDark

But the fact is.. nearly all Pokemon evolve into a different form via battle experience. Stating that that is why a regular Farfetch'd became its Galarian-exclusive evolution, if that's what it is, doesn't really make much sense if it cannot do so, despite countless battles and experience, in another region. That'd just be weak lore/background to me.

But as SpiritSkye and others have stated, if it's a Galarian Farfetch'd that's evolving it's totally fine, since that's natural progression.

Kingudora

My favourite
I'm more inclined to think that it is Galarian Farfetch'd rather than Sirfetch'd.

Basically, in Galar Farfetch'd were hunted down even more fiercely than other regions, and had to become more successful at fighting off their predators in order to adapt.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I think there is going to be a Galarian Farfetch'd AND a Sir'Fetch'd. As for which one the leak from last night was, I have no idea. I'm more inclined to believe it's a Sir'Fetch'd with the fact it's 250 pounds. I don't see even a Galaian Farfetch'd being THAT heavy given that its Kantonian form is a mere 30 pounds, even with a sword and shield. I'm guessing Sir'Fetch'd is MASSIVE.

This is the most fun I've had all pre-release cycle though, I'm glad they did this!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm glad they did this as well. What a pleasant Friday the 13th surprise.

janejane6178

Its a nice idea, but I hope they dont wait too long till they officialy reveal it and some other stuff..

Kingudora

My favourite
I think there is going to be a Galarian Farfetch'd AND a Sir'Fetch'd. As for which one the leak from last night was, I have no idea. I'm more inclined to believe it's a Sir'Fetch'd with the fact it's 250 pounds. I don't see even a Galaian Farfetch'd being THAT heavy given that its Kantonian form is a mere 30 pounds, even with a sword and shield. I'm guessing Sir'Fetch'd is MASSIVE.

This is the most fun I've had all pre-release cycle though, I'm glad they did this!
I also think that we are getting both, just that the glitched pokémon is Galarian Farfetch'd.

I do however doubt it a bit because of the weight, but mostly it is also me hoping that Sirfetch'd will be more than just Fighting-type.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
You guys never thought about what Sirfetched name could be based off? 'Sir' is actually a knight rank, people who were knighted as members of the British Honour system.

The white part actually could be an armor or a part of it. Since a typical knight armor is heavy as hell, that would also explain why it is so heavy.

In that case we could also expect types like Steel or Steel/Fighting.

ShadowForce720

You guys never thought about what Sirfetched name could be based off? 'Sir' is actually a knight rank, people who were knighted as members of the British Honour system.

The white part actually could be an armor or a part of it. Since a typical knight armor is heavy as hell, that would also explain why it is so heavy.

In that case we could also expect types like Steel or Steel/Fighting.

Well it depends in order for Sirfetched to be part Steel the glitch pokemon were seeing here would have to be a Galarian Farfetch'd, because the glitch pokemon is a pure Fighting type, however if the glitch pokemon is Sirfetch'd then that means that it's going to be a pure fighting type which eliminates any chance of it being part Steel type.

Also either way even if were to assume that the Glitch pokemon is a Galarian Farfetch'd instead of Sirfetch'd it would be unlikely that they would have a pure fighting type pokemon evolve into a pure Steel type.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
You guys never thought about what Sirfetched name could be based off? 'Sir' is actually a knight rank, people who were knighted as members of the British Honour system

I'm pretty sure most of us thought about that, I mean it's literally in the name.

Kingudora

My favourite
I just realized that it can't be Galarian Farfetch'd, since the Japanese page shows part of its name being ナイト nite. If it was Galarian Farfetch'd, it would have been ネギ negi instead, since Farfetch'd name in Japanese is カモネギ Kamonegi.

With that said, I now fully believe the glitched pokémon is Sirfetch'd. I suspect that its Japanese name will be カモナイト Kamonite, similar to Farfetch'd's Japanese name.