• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
If the ‘glitched’ Pokemon really is a Galarian version of Farfetch’d hopefully they tweak its stats a bit more as Farfetch’d is in dire need for an upgrade. Or at very least it gains an evolution like Galarian Linoone did.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What if... WHAT IF... It's Gigantomaxed Farfetch'd and, over the three turns that the form lasts, the leek goes from Healthy(1) - Wilting(2) - Dead(3) and then the form ends and it "retires".
Nah, if it was a Gigantamax form, the image would have a red outline and there would be red clouds hovering above either the head or the leek. Even though the image is pixelated, we’d still see hints of red somewhere if that were the case

aa_623

The thing is, if Sirfetch'd evolves from regular Farfetch'd, then it would just be an ordinary cross-generational evolution, like Scizor or Magnezone. What makes regional evolutions (such as Obstagoon) distinct is that they are exclusive to regional forms of pokémon.
Yeah, I know. The leak called it a regional evolution, but they could have regular cross-gen evolutions that are achieved with the same method.

Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, Probopass, and Vikavolt, all being location-specific evolutions, can be all considered regional evolutions because they only evolve with certain environmental conditions which are not currently met in every region. We have seen how they are unavailable in regions or locations where those conditions are not met. This is the same concept we see with established with regional variant evolutions. A leaf stone only turns exeggucute into a grass/dragon type in Alola and a thunderstone only turns Pikachu into an electric/psychic type in Alola with no other special conditions required, while in other regions they evolve into other forms.

They could easily have standard normal/flying Farfetch'd evolve into a pure fighting type in only the Galar region effectively making it an evolution that's a regional variant just like Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Raichu while also have it be a similar concept to new regional evolutions like Obstagoon. In Galar, Farfetch'd need to evolve for survival, and so they do. In other regions, there isn't as much of a threat so they don't. It's no different in concept than needing to be by a mossy/icy stone or in a magnetic field to evolve it's just the entire region as opposed to just one route.

Maybe they will just give Farfetch'd a Galarian form and have that evolve, maybe not. Either way regional variants/region-only/location-specific evolutions give Gamefreak an easy excuse not to have to come up with an entirely new evolution method. Regardless, we'll find out when they're revealed.

I hope to continue to see regional variants explored in future games. Galarian forms and regional variants with specific evolutions is a great start. I want to see regional variants and evolutions explored in a few ways:
  • Pokemon receive regional evolutions that are brand new, creating more branched evolutions based on location similar to Pikachu, Cubone, and Exeggucute. Eevee could be considered this with Leafeon and Glaceon, but I also would like to see something more specific. An example would be to have Meowth incapable of evolving into Persian in a region, and only into a new Pokemon.
  • Regional pre-evolutions that link other Pokemon. This would just be fan service, but I'd love a variant of Tyrogue (that's purple) only evolve into Sawk and Throh. On a similar note maybe have a variant Luvdisc have a split evolution into a variant Alomomola & regional Bruxish. Essentially branching them into a new family, but the forms we have currently remain unlinked, only those specific variants are still related. The others have begun to evolve into separate species because evolution is obsolete for them.

Zaide

So we thinking the right side is the shaft of the leek, forming a spear or lance, and the left side is the top of the leek, broken off to form a shield? Body maybe covered in a suit of armour with the eyes and beak poking out?

bBpJQLl.png
I think the rotation makes it look even more like something related to Farfetch'd. The wing holding the leak. The large beak. The feathers on top.

Also, this thing is listed at 257.9 lbs. That's like 7-8 times Farfetch'd listed weight. So I definitely think that's Sirfetch'd, and that it's probably quite large compared to Farfetch'd. At least above 1.5m I'd say.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They could easily have standard normal/flying Farfetch'd evolve into a pure fighting type in only the Galar region effectively making it an evolution that's a regional variant just like Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Raichu while also have it be a similar concept to new regional evolutions like Obstagoon. In Galar, Farfetch'd need to evolve for survival, and so they do. In other regions, there isn't as much of a threat so they don't. It's no different in concept than needing to be by a mossy/icy stone or in a magnetic field to evolve it's just the entire region as opposed to just one route.
Yeah, that’s kind of how I feel about the situation. If this was any other game I think this would be no different than other cross-gen evolutions like Scizor or Magnezone, but I can think of two reasons how the idea of a regional exclusive evolution works:
  • Sword & Shield are introducing the first non-Eevee related cross-gen evolutions since Gen 4, so it would make sense to promote these forms as “region exclusives” for newcomers to the series who are seeingsomething like this for the first time. If they decide to bring these forms back in a future game for whatever reason, they’ll more than likely come up with some in-game McGuffin to justify it like an item called a Galarian shard or an exclusive area that matches the environments of the Galar region.
  • As mentioned before, the Pokémon of the Galar region seem to be a lot more aggressive and competitive than ones from other regions, so the weaker ones need to go above & beyond to face their threats/predators in order to survive, resulting in either obtaining new forms or new evolutions they can’t achieve anywhere else. For Farfetch’d’s case, it probably needs to work twice as hard to defend itself since it’s already seen as a delicacy and the predators of the Galar region are too much for it’s stick to handle, and as a result it managed to evolve because it had to take down so many strong opponents just to survive. They could also tie in the lore of how Farfetch’d is an endangered species by either saying they’re even harder to find in Galar region or that they were brought to other regions in order for it to breed in safety, and it’s unable to evolve now due to being domesticated.

XXD17

Draco rex
The thing is, if Sirfetch'd evolves from regular Farfetch'd, then it would just be an ordinary cross-generational evolution, like Scizor or Magnezone. What makes regional evolutions (such as Obstagoon) distinct is that they are exclusive to regional forms of pokémon.

Not necessarily so. You can kind of see it as the same case as cubone and Alolan marowak. Cubone will evolve into regular marowak if it's not in Alola since it's region-locked rather than a "cross-gen evo". The requirement for Cubone to evolve into Alolan Marowak is being in the Alola region. This assuming marowak and Alolan marowak being different Pokemon, which they technically are not. But, this could be a similar case for Farfetch'd. The requirement for it to evolve is being in the Galar region and it won't evolve otherwise in any other game unless they release game specific areas like the did for magnezone, glaceon, etc. Farfetch'd doesn't need a Galar form for this to happen. Obstagoon is literally the only Pokemon we know of that evolves only from a Galarian form. We can't exactly set a precedent with one example. Obstagoon can be seen as a cross-gen evolution as well. The requirement for evolution can simply be for zigzagoon to be its Galarian form. It's just a slightly more unique way to do a cross-gen evolution.

Kangaflora

Yeah, I know. The leak called it a regional evolution, but they could have regular cross-gen evolutions that are achieved with the same method.

Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, Probopass, and Vikavolt, all being location-specific evolutions, can be all considered regional evolutions because they only evolve with certain environmental conditions which are not currently met in every region. We have seen how they are unavailable in regions or locations where those conditions are not met. This is the same concept we see with established with regional variant evolutions. A leaf stone only turns exeggucute into a grass/dragon type in Alola and a thunderstone only turns Pikachu into an electric/psychic type in Alola with no other special conditions required, while in other regions they evolve into other forms.

Maybe they will just give Farfetch'd a Galarian form and have that evolve, maybe not. Either way regional variants/region-only/location-specific evolutions give Gamefreak an easy excuse not to have to come up with an entirely new evolution method. Regardless, we'll find out when they're revealed.

I hope to continue to see regional variants explored in future games. Galarian forms and regional variants with specific evolutions is a great start. I want to see regional variants and evolutions explored in a few ways:
  • Pokemon receive regional evolutions that are brand new, creating more branched evolutions based on location similar to Pikachu, Cubone, and Exeggucute. Eevee could be considered this with Leafeon and Glaceon, but I also would like to see something more specific. An example would be to have Meowth incapable of evolving into Persian in a region, and only into a new Pokemon.
  • Regional pre-evolutions that link other Pokemon. This would just be fan service, but I'd love a variant of Tyrogue (that's purple) only evolve into Sawk and Throh. On a similar note maybe have a variant Luvdisc have a split evolution into a variant Alomomola & regional Bruxish. Essentially branching them into a new family, but the forms we have currently remain unlinked, only those specific variants are still related. The others have begun to evolve into separate species because evolution is obsolete for them.

You actually have a valid point regarding Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass and Vikavolt only evolving in pacific locations as the first four are unobtainable in the Kanto and Johto regions. So if Magneton can do it for Magnezone and Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone can do it for the Alolan versions of Raichu (Electric/Psychic), Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon) and Marowak (Fire/Ghost), then Farfetch'd can do the same for Sirfetch'd in the Galar region.

ShadowForce720

You actually have a valid point regarding Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass and Vikavolt only evolving in pacific locations as the first four are unobtainable in the Kanto and Johto regions. So if Magneton can do it for Magnezone and Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone can do it for the Alolan versions of Raichu (Electric/Psychic), Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon) and Marowak (Fire/Ghost), then Farfetch'd can do the same for Sirfetch'd in the Galar region.

Well hey if a normal Farfetch'd can evolve into a Sirfetch'd without needing a Galarian form, then that would mean that it's still possible that we could get an evolution for Qwilfish in Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Since the site alludes that the text could pertain to the pokemon fighting many battles..could our mysterious mon be evolved at a high level or catched at a high level? (note that I'm speaking in terms IF this is a completely different mon from the leak OR as a general Galarian evolution.) Not Hydregion level madness, but maybe the high 40s?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If it doesnt matter how many old fans bought the game, then you admit it did succeed in getting some Go fans to buy the game? Awesome! Glad to see you making assumptions that work against your claims.

It's not enough to get just a handful of Go fans to buy the game though. They need the total sales of LG to outsell the other games. Remember that businesses tend to operate based on opportunity cost, it's not just about whether or not a decision is profitable in and of itself, it's about whether or not it's profitable relative to other decisions. So if LG isn't outselling the other games, then it's really not worth doing.

Considering you've been the loudest person I've seen about demanding open world, perhaps GF are following their research. Because if even you will buy a non open world game, why would GF bother making one? Research clearly says people will buy the new game regardless of whether it's open world.

Again, this hits the bare minimum of my expectations, but I'm going to stop buying again if they don't improve in future games. I'm not just going to tolerate having one open field in the game, I want to see steps towards full open world. The Wild Area is a good first step, but I need to see more.

welcome to the gaming industry currently its a mess with micro transactions sloppy work and a constant feel of we want all the money, gamefreak don’t make mobile games because we want them to they make them because it gets them a ton of money “the game has grossed over $3 billion in worldwide revenue” and its easy money mobile games don’t need a lot of work and they make more than console games

Again though, that revenue doesn't translate to console games. Mobile games make money because they don't have a spending cap, so players can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a game. But the vast majority of players aren't spending that much, in fact most of them aren't spending any at all. Whereas with console games, you pay a flat $60 to play the game. So the players that aren't willing to pay $60 in a mobile game probably aren't going to be willing to buy a console game. Additionally, mobile is popular because it's multimedia, you can not only play video games but browse the internet, watch movies, listen to music, use apps, etc. Most of that market probably isn't going to be interested in a device that can only play video games. Hence, the same strategy on mobile isn't as successful on console.

shadowF

So when does everyone think we will get new Pokemon Sword and Shield news? Especially with the tease of the new Pokemon on the website.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So when does everyone think we will get new Pokemon Sword and Shield news? Especially with the tease of the new Pokemon on the website.
I hope it's on Monday. The mystery is killing me lol.

ShadowForce720

I really hope they don't make us wait until Wednesday before they reveal it, considering that if you look a the league cards in the last trailer a lot of them had numbers that actually referred to certain dates and Hop's league card had the number 189 which could represent 9/18 which would be September 18th.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I’m going to assume that we won’t get anything else until October & that the “glitch” will be taken off the website by tomorrow morning

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I really hope they don't make us wait until Wednesday before they reveal it, considering that if you look a the league cards in the last trailer a lot of them had numbers that actually referred to certain dates and Hop's league card had the number 189 which could represent 9/18 which would be September 18th.
I hope not either. The sooner the news, the better.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I’m hoping we’ll get news tomorrow morning (IIRC one of the jersey numbers from the Direct trailer was 914), but I fear that we’ll have to wait until Monday.

JohnLynch

They need the total sales of LG to outsell the other games. Remember that businesses tend to operate based on opportunity cost, it's not just about whether or not a decision is profitable in and of itself, it's about whether or not it's profitable relative to other decisions. So if LG isn't outselling the other games, then it's really not worth doing.
1) You have no idea how much effort went into LG and so therefore don’t know what the opportunity cost was.
2) Your imaginary sales targets are just that. Imaginary. You have no facts to support your rantings and we’ve had them for months on end with no sign of stopping because surprise, surprise, your buying the new game.

I'm going to stop buying again if they don't improve in future games.
1) Actions speak louder than words
2) I’ll believe it when I see it
3) If you actually do follow through, perhaps GF’s research will demonstrate that you aren’t alone and go to further effort in future games. Or maybe losing you is acceptable losses. Can’t please everyone all the time after all. And perhaps your in such a minority that GF doesn’t think catering to the audience you represent is worthwhile.

Of course, we don’t know anything for sure because you have never provided evidence to support your arguments.